Doc Martin (Part 15 — Spoilers)

Comments

• SusieSagitariusSusieSagitarius Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you want to start a new message, click on the "go advanced" button.
    Type your text, then highlight it.
    Click on the very faint "S" to the far right of the second line of icons (the line starting with B I U etc.),
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Click on the very faint "S" to the far right of the second line of icons (the line starting with B I U etc.),
    And you will have created a spoiler!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    Biffpup wrote: »
    Wow! Surely that isn't a coincidence. But isn't Julie Graham the only connection?

As far as I know, and what is really even stranger is that in this scene two of the female characters are looking at previous newspapers and I think that it is Julie Graham's character looking at the Emily Braithwaite article. I could be wrong - it might just be my recollection - I hate it when I can't "pause" and rerun or turn on the subtitles.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thanks Susie S - hope I have got this right
    How about The Doc and the manny becoming ' an item '

They wouldn't do that to us...would they ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NewPark wrote: »
    That was my first take, also.

Grasping at straws here, I know.
    LG always wears fitted clothes...except when she is pregnant...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dmbesotted wrote: »
    The "Emily Braithwaite" is in the 2nd episode. It is an ITV production.

Braithwaite is a really common surname in Britain and, believe it or not, a common first name, generally for boys but can be used for girls too.

Emily has been in the top 4 babies names in the UK for the last 12 years, I can't imagine that statistic has changed much.

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a554645/popular-baby-names-in-the-uk
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    MrsWindy1 wrote: »
    That link didn't work for me, but I went to Tumblr and typed "Caroline Catz" in the search and the pictures were there.

For CC fans this is a site with lot's of pics. If you dislike profanity stay away. Also if this link works there's an interview with CC promoting her play last year, but also a little bit of DM talk.

http://glidefm.co.uk/content/celeb-interviews-caroline-catz
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Check out the Stowaway Tea Shoppe for adorable pix of Dodger who visited today with his trainer Sonia. https://www.facebook.com/Stowaway.Tea.Shoppe?hc_location=stream

Guess that puts to rest the rumors out there on the FB Fans site that was saying it was closed.

Also, said filming going on the rest of the week in the village.

Oh, how adorable! It says Dodger performed tricks for customers too. Mazzie or PoorRichard, did either of you get to meet our "Buddy"?

Did you all see the blackboard message asking for donations to the Dogs' Trust in the outdoor photos? Above the doghouse-shaped donation box, the message reads:

"The Doc says, 'If you would like to take a photo and help Dodger and his friends, SHUT UP and put your hand in your pocket for charity!'" :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cc.cookie wrote: »
    Braithwaite is a really common surname in Britain and, believe it or not, a common first name, generally for boys but can be used for girls too.

Emily has been in the top 4 babies names in the UK for the last 12 years, I can't imagine that statistic has changed much.

Good info, thanks. Did you get this link from Morwenna?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blue-Eyes wrote: »
    How about The Doc and the manny becoming ' an item '

They wouldn't do that to us...would they ?

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrsWindy1 wrote: »
    That link didn't work for me, but I went to Tumblr and typed "Caroline Catz" in the search and the pictures were there.

Good, glad you found the photos. Maybe I messed up the link when I tried to change the name. Who knows?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LG always wears fitted clothes...except when she is pregnant...
    I know! That's what drew my attention. Anything's possible!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good info, thanks. Did you get this link from Morwenna?

:D:D:D
  • NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

[
    accidentally deleted the text but Blue-eyes wonders (tongue in cheek, probably) if the manny and DM might become an "item."
    Well, Pauline, probably alone among us, wouldn't be surprised if it happened. .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed the "Emily Braithwaite" too, but then I've seen Braithwaite in a book about someone in the 19th C. as well as coming across it in other UK related stuff I've read, that it just seems not unusual to me that it is used. But then it does seem a bit interesting that Emily would be used with it. Maybe it is some sort of a nod from Julie.

But then it was the name of a murdered girl, wasn't it, so it seems a bit macabre to do a nod that way. So I'm guessing it is just us being super-sensitive and alert!

Well, given that Julie Graham probably didn't have a hand in the script-writing, perhaps we are being super-sensitive.

And if it is a "shout-out" macabre is the right descriptor.

Still seems odd to me.
  • mmDerdekeammDerdekea Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could someone explain how to post with a spoiler please ?

Hello, Blue-eyes. Since I just figured that out myself, I'm happy to help!

When you go to the reply box or the new response box, up at the top are many symbols. You can hardly see it but at the very right on top is a faded "S". Write your comment as usual and then highlight it all and then click on that S. That makes it hidden as a spoiler.
  • mmDerdekeammDerdekea Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know! That's what drew my attention. Anything's possible!

ANYTHING IS NOT POSSIBLE, (she shrieked). :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Here's the link (hope this works; 1st time I've attempted to rename a link; it's due to the iffy name of the blog itself so beware):

Certainly iffy, if not actually rude, but apparently more and more in common parlance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

cc.cookie, Thanks for the info on Braithwaite--I know I've seen it every so often in other venues.

I noticed James came up to 5th place from further down the list in 2011 and 2012. Wonder if that was a coincidence or because of JH?
  • Eileen0103Eileen0103 Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    [/QUOTE]
    I saw this long haired guy directing. I didn't think it looked like Ben Bolt (even if he had grown his hair) so I asked the girl who shooed me off the hill "is that Ben Bolt"? She said "no." I said "Is he not with the series this season?" She said "there's another director." Now take that as you will: it could be that there's another director for this episode only, or for this day of filming only (maybe Ben Bolt had a temporary case of the lurgy), as it was not a direct answer to my question, but I understood her to mean that the season had another director. Maybe on April 18th Ben Bolt was giving some directorial orientation to the new guy???

Mazzieblue said the director's name was Nigel.

Could the director be Nigel Cole who directed Saving Grace, he was born in Cornwall.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member

Actually, I did wonder if this was the case. Still a bit spooky. Six degrees of separation or something like that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dmbesotted wrote: »
    Actually, I did wonder if this was the case. Still a bit spooky. Six degrees of separation or something like that.

When you think of it, there are probably hundreds of thousands of combinations of given names and surnames within England, given that the population is about 53 million (according to Wikipedia) . So what are the odds that it was a random choice? Pretty low, I'd say.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmDerdekea wrote: »
    ANYTHING IS NOT POSSIBLE, (she shrieked). :)

:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where, oh where, did that picture of Ben Bolt and a couple others at the harbor go? Help, can anyone give me a clue? Wondering if we might be able to identify other 2 in it, as I can find pictures of Nigel Cole.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where, oh where, did that picture of Ben Bolt and a couple others at the harbor go? Help, can anyone give me a clue? Wondering if we might be able to identify other 2 in it, as I can find pictures of Nigel Cole.

Sorry for quoting myself, but I just looked at poorrichard's pix again and the man I'm seeing in http://s1348.photobucket.com/user/poorrichard54/media/Doc%20Martin%20photostream/P4260125v2-Copy_zpsee20ae74.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2 who is being identified as a director looks an awful lot like the Nigel Cole pix I googled.

I also notice in the pix another of the young girl Vicky who gave CC the album.

Still wondering about my first paragraph pic however.
This discussion has been closed.