Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got into COD with COD4 and loved it, MW2 & MW3 declined however Blops was very good.

Ghosts looked good and for that I preordered PS3 digital edition and then upgraded to PS4 - biggest mistake ever, the worst game ever created.

I loved SP in MW series, infact played it many times on COD4, the fact I cries at the end of MW3 shows now epic it was but I feel no other COD or series will ever match it.

Here's hoping this will be a new twist that fixes everything, I'll be getting it on day 2/3 as a physical copy so that I don't shoot myself in the foot again.
  • AkimboGeordieAkimboGeordie Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    I got into COD with COD4 and loved it, MW2 & MW3 declined however Blops was very good.

Ghosts looked good and for that I preordered PS3 digital edition and then upgraded to PS4 - biggest mistake ever, the worst game ever created.

I loved SP in MW series, infact played it many times on COD4, the fact I cries at the end of MW3 shows now epic it was but I feel no other COD or series will ever match it.

Here's hoping this will be a new twist that fixes everything, I'll be getting it on day 2/3 as a physical copy so that I don't shoot myself in the foot again.

You going for Xbox One or PS4 Paul?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You going for Xbox One or PS4 Paul?

Hello stranger,
    PS4 for the pure power, I was thinking of Xbox but I can't see any major reasons.
    Forum Member
    Hello stranger,
    PS4 for the pure power, I was thinking of Xbox but I can't see any major reasons.

Howdy ... Yep I've been under the radar recently. ! I'll be back for AW tho. I have ordered for Xbox One.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Howdy ... Yep I've been under the radar recently. ! I'll be back for AW tho. I have ordered for Xbox One.

Noo! Ill be occupied on launch night/day zero so will be getting it a few days later from ASDA
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Someone is streaming this just now on on PS4 if you go to the Live at Playstation tab
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    We're getting it, purely for co-op mode. SP being good would be a bonus but I doubt many are genuinely bothered about that. MP, sorry but it DOES look like ass. Kangaroo jumping, stealth suits and futuristic weaponry? Thought it was supposed to be CoD, not Halo....

Also see that everyone's favourite ever killstreak is coming back, the nuke/MOAB! Or, as it's called this time, the DNA Bomb. Yaaaay.

Watched some footage last night, and the main focus seemed to be on a pistol that was one-hit-kill from range. Awesome. Not.

Third CoD game in a row to focus on futuristic tech - yawn.

Re Ghosts - to be fair, I found it massively influential - it finally made me persist for long enough with Battlefield to actually enjoy it. As frustrating as I find BF, it was so superior to Ghosts it was laughable.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello stranger,

XB1 and PS4 are the same....

if your looking for 1080p/60fps try Bayonetta 2 on the U :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    We're getting it, purely for co-op mode. SP being good would be a bonus but I doubt many are genuinely bothered about that. MP, sorry but it DOES look like ass. Kangaroo jumping, stealth suits and futuristic weaponry? Thought it was supposed to be CoD, not Halo....

Also see that everyone's favourite ever killstreak is coming back, the nuke/MOAB! Or, as it's called this time, the DNA Bomb. Yaaaay.

Watched some footage last night, and the main focus seemed to be on a pistol that was one-hit-kill from range. Awesome. Not.

Third CoD game in a row to focus on futuristic tech - yawn.

Re Ghosts - to be fair, I found it massively influential - it finally made me persist for long enough with Battlefield to actually enjoy it. As frustrating as I find BF, it was so superior to Ghosts it was laughable.

ive pre ordered it from Amazon for my lad but im sure its just going to be a Titanfall knock off
  • The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ill see how bad the lag comp is before i go anywhere near this.
  • gadget_ukgadget_uk Posts: 441
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone,

What should I get this for PS4 or XB1? I know that the XB1 version has timed releases for all of the DLC. But I think that the PS4 version will probably have more detailed graphics and run at a higher resolution.

What would you do?

Thanks in advance.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having watched clips this is not for me. I hated Titanfail and Halo. Destiny MP annoyed me too. I hope they screw up like they did with Petreus in BLops 2.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    gadget_uk wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

What should I get this for PS4 or XB1? I know that the XB1 version has timed releases for all of the DLC. But I think that the PS4 version will probably have more detailed graphics and run at a higher resolution.

What would you do?

Thanks in advance.

Go where most of your friends are playing.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »

When did you last play it?

It's had new game modes added (some permanent, some rotating) and various other things.

Sorry Matt, just seen this.

I stopped playing around June. I Regen'd once and got up to the top level again, but had no desire to do it again.

I know they've added other game modes, but i thought the game modes were only a small part of the problem. Extra Guns, social features, customisation would be nice. I not so recently tried to play it again (about a month ago) and found it hard getting into a full game,regularly having 4 vs 4 or 5 vs 4 etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

What would you do?

Thanks in advance.

Once again, XB1 and PS4 are the same...
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone,

What would you do?

Thanks in advance.

They are both the same. MS have a partnership with the franchise therefore xbox for me.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are both the same. MS have a partnership with the franchise therefore xbox for me.

Considering both versions will be pretty much (graphically) identical (same goes for online) I get the cheapest option! 👍
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the PS4 is 1080p and X1 is 900p, unless that was changed but that is the only difference and honestly it should not be a deciding factor, as has already been said with a game like CoD go where your friends go or just go for the console you are most comfortable playing on
  • Blackdog_6eBlackdog_6e Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Once again, XB1 and PS4 are the same...

Are you saying they are running at equal resolution etc?
    The reason I ask is because I always go for the smoothest and best looking where possible. I dont want to get on pc due to preferring controller nowadays
  • the dourflathe dourfla Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sold ghosts for a fiver :), the guy in the shop will never shift it. Also frees up another 100 gig.
  • magic martinmagic martin Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really don't like the game being so futuristic so for the first time since I played tho cod series i might be giving it a miss.

Still playing Ghosts fairly regularly as only current gen shooter I like even tho get sooo frustrated with the awful lag.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The reason I ask is because I always go for the smoothest and best looking where possible. I dont want to get on pc due to preferring controller nowadays

I'm Saying unless you have a bionic eye both consoles are the same...

And even then....who cares
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just Pre ordered the Day Zero Edition on Game.com, if it doesn't come on monday there will be hell to pay* >:(

*A few angry tweets, hopefully something from game as an apology for their failure and then I'll just play the game
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Go for the PC version. You can use either an xbox 360 controller (wired or wireless) or an Xbox One controller (wired).
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm Saying unless you have a bionic eye both consoles are the same...

And even then....who cares

Or a couple of grands worth of analysing equipment like DF! ;-)

I never even knew hdtvs stay on 1080p & upscale / downscale the difference :blush: ... so what chance has jo public got? :blush: ... Total BS the lot of it! :p

(Said it before ..... to 99% of gamers they'll be no difference whatsoever!) :)