Options

At just 11, is Brogan the most spoilt child in Britain?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,336
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1205122/At-just-11-Brogan-SPOILT-child-Britain.html

£150K on designer gear for an 11 year old?! non-alcoholic champagne and a limousine for her 11th birthday?!:eek:

If that was my mother, I'd rather she just put the money into the bank/credit union for me, instead of spending thousands on designer gear. Sure if I had the money, I'd buy designer gear, but not £150k's worth of it.:eek:

Anyone on DS spoil their kids like this?

Comments

• Options
    CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    Just sickening:mad::(
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I have kids, and money like that then its going to be put into an account that they can't get any of it until they're 25 (or when I'm dead deciding on which I suppose better).
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those people should not be allowed to be parents - what kind of a way to raise a child is that?

appaling and it is the kid who will suffer in later life if she carries on that way into adulthood with no proper guidance at home
  • Options
    ForestChavForestChav Posts: 35,127
    Forum Member
    CLK need we say more :s
  • Options
    Matt_TaylorMatt_Taylor Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    OP is misleading us a little, the quoted figure of £150K is the total spent over the last 11 years and not in one go.

Nevertheless, it's still OTT.
  • Options
    donlothariodonlothario Posts: 5,289
    Forum Member
    Orlaith wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1205122/At-just-11-Brogan-SPOILT-child-Britain.html

£150K on designer gear for an 11 year old?! non-alcoholic champagne and a limousine for her 11th birthday?!:eek:

If that was my mother, I'd rather she just put the money into the bank/credit union for me, instead of spending thousands on designer gear. Sure if I had the money, I'd buy designer gear, but not £150k's worth of it.:eek:

If her parents cared about her they would get her to be more active. The girl has legs like a tree trunk and will have no chance of being a model if she continues to put on the pork.

If they must spend money on her then it should be on exercise classes and walking holidays. It would do her a hell of a lot more good.
  • Options
    bad-beatbad-beat Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the caption that says "Brogan decked out in head to toe labels" Even though the clothes stop well before the toes.
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no problem with rich people spending lots of money on their children. The more money you earn, the less value it appears to hold (eg. £100 was a fortune when you were at school and is a typical outgoing once you have a job and pay bills)

However, just look at the photo on that article. THAT is an 11-year-old? No 11-year-old should be dressed like that and be photographed in sexually provocative poses. What the frack is going on there? When I was 11, if any of my girl mates tried to dress like that, their mothers would have knocked them senseless!

To me that suggests money over parenting. Spend, spend, spend on the kid and that excuses the parent of the duty of actually raising the child. As my dad always told me as a kid; if you let a child have whatever they want, they'll grow up expecting everything to be their way. Eventually, they'll want people and they cannot be bought.

You do no good to a child raising them without parenting them. gotta feel sorry for the girl, though. Its not like she stood a chance.
  • Options
    Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks like a hooker in that first photo.
  • Options
    norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,678
    Forum Member
    and at parents’ evenings teachers are always telling us that she is the ringleader in any group.

I wouldn't necessarily see that as a good thing...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her parents should be sectioned for child abuse.
  • Options
    Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    She'll grow up to know the price of everything and the value of nothing.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh just saw the non-alcoholic champagne so they don't mind spoiling her rotten but at least they don't give her alcohol.:rolleyes: More money than sense these people really
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    at least they aren't on benefits :)

are they on benefits ?
  • Options
    HenryGartenHenryGarten Posts: 24,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well we used to have Charlene on here and her 14 yo daughter. She must have been close to the most spoilt.
  • Options
    Chuck InglishChuck Inglish Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    Barracute wrote: »
    Those people should not be allowed to be parents - what kind of a way to raise a child is that?

appaling and it is the kid who will suffer in later life if she carries on that way into adulthood with no proper guidance at home

Anyone would think they were starving or beating her.

This is such an inconsequential story, I'm amazed anyone can get so riled about it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,418
    Forum Member
    Sure if I was very wealthy and had kids, I'm probably spoil them :o but not to that extent!
    And I would not allow an 11 years old to dress like that :eek:
    What kind of name is Brogan anyway? I thought it said 'bogan' at first, Aussie for 'chav'.
  • Options
    SubrosaSubrosa Posts: 3,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    summerain wrote: »
    Sure if I was very wealthy and had kids, I'm probably spoil them :o but not to that extent!
    And I would not allow an 11 years old to dress like that :eek:
    What kind of name is Brogan anyway? I thought it said 'bogan' at first, Aussie for 'chav'.

I thought it was a boy's name at first!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ForestChav wrote: »
    CLK need we say more :s
    What does "CLK" mean?:o
    bad-beat wrote: »
    I like the caption that says "Brogan decked out in head to toe labels" Even though the clothes stop well before the toes.
    :D
    Well we used to have Charlene on here and her 14 yo daughter. She must have been close to the most spoilt.
    I don't know Charlene or her kid. SO can't comment on their lifestyle.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,103
    Forum Member
    She's called "Brogan" though. With one hand he giveth, and the other, he taketh away.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People are saying it's not an issue if the parents are rich..

it says in that article they have a joint income of 30,000 a year does it not ? Half their income goes on the one daughter... disgusting !
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As that family sounds quite poor it's pretty ridiculous, but if they were millionaires it'd be fine :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Subrosa wrote: »
    I thought it was a boy's name at first!
    it is, according to this website anyway...

http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/meaning_of_Brogan.html

And it's origin is Gaelic (:mad:), probably because the Irish for shoes is "brógaí"
  • Options
    SuperUnleadedSuperUnleaded Posts: 3,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't this just a repeat of that blonde Jordan-wannabe girl from a year or so ago? There was a show on about it.

*edit* Sasha Bennington.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it is, according to this website anyway...

http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/meaning_of_Brogan.html

And it's origin is Gaelic (:mad:), probably because the Irish for shoes is "brógaí"

I've seen Brogan used as a girl's name before, and for a girl quite unlike this one.

I'm a bit torn; I don't think her parents are raising her very well, but at the same time, the self-righteous tone of the Mail gets on my wick.