Worst Facebook status updates

Comments

• Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems to be holiday season for the majority of my friends on facebook. There's been loads of tagging of my friends in foreign countries, including loads of group photos from a recent "girls" holiday in Marbella.
  • Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A 'friend' of mine has today uploaded picture sof her 14 year old daughter in the dentist chair having her tooth out...complete with the before and after photos.

Its the same 'friend' ive posted about before on this thread ...i really need new friends!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Despite the fact that there's no holidays for me this year, I actually don't mind holiday pics on FB because they allow me to vicariously holiday through my friends :) Either that, or my mates are excellent photographers.

I do, however, mind the endless bikini in the mirror "am I fat?" attention-seeking selfies that precede them. And the even more endless "on the bikini diet lol, I'm so fat" "no u not babe" "ok then thanks x" posts that are associated with them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hahaha this one's a doozy!

"Who r all the skanki slagz in my "Ppl U May Kno" feed?"

Er, love, they'd be your friends' friends, colleagues or people who you have lots in common with. No further comment!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    It seems to be holiday season for the majority of my friends on facebook. There's been loads of tagging of my friends in foreign countries, including loads of group photos from a recent "girls" holiday in Marbella.

Everyone seems to be going to 'Marbs' recently. Makes me never want to go in my life.
  • CloudbustingCloudbusting Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »

Other people's holiday photos has to be one of the most tedious things in the world. I'm happy for anyone who gets to go away somewhere nice, but it's not the revolutionary, avant guard hobby the Facebook obsessives make it out to be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ylomyloh wrote: »
    Everyone seems to be going to 'Marbs' recently. Makes me never want to go in my life.

Got to agree. I was never into Ibiza type "scenes" or 18 - 30s getaways anyway. My idea of hell. :o
  • LibitinaLibitina Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    los.kav wrote: »
    Irish girl this time. This has been posted over the course of today.

(the joy is Mountjoy, a prison)

Pretty sure that whole page is a troll though. Has to be.
    My head hurts trying to read what she's written, let alone trying to understand what she's written!
  • Stormwave UKStormwave UK Posts: 5,088
    Forum Member
    Dim boyfriend girl again

"**** is tha lov of ma life, wheneva I fink of him I get all happy and bothered inside, we ave such an advuntirous sex lyf ;) nd he says he luvs me on da same as tha cat, lyk u woodnt belive best bf eva, gota work ma way up"

I actually met up with her recently and she told us that although it was her "time" her bf still got something last night. I can sleep a little better now I am reassured "her bb Johnni" is still getting some.

I don't get why people talk like that. It can't be text speak, as some of those misspelled words are not even shorter than the originals. Are they just utterly illiterate?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ylomyloh wrote: »

I wouldn't be surprised if the 'Essex Generation' is responsible for interest in Marbs recently.

Also in these group photo's from this 'girls' holiday there always seem to be random men in the shot like the're photo bombing the photo.
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    One of my friends has three kids. Her eldest two are from her ex husband and her youngest (hes about 2) is from her current fiance who works abroad a lot. She put at the weekend how her youngest went to hospital and got rushed in an ambulance to another hospital which has better equipment because he needed an emergency op. all very upsetting and serious. Shes kept updating on his progress with pictures of him and his dad on the hospital bed. The dad was there with them for two days before going off abroad again! From the updates it sounds serious as the boy has to spend four weeks at least there, hooked up to a machine for 8 hours a day.

The thing is by her posting things like that makes her partner sound a bit irresponsible that shes staying with her son 24/7 while her parents look after her other children and hes jetting off again. His job isnt even that important, more of a hobby that pays a little bit of cash here and there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    Shes kept updating on his progress with pictures of him and his dad on the hospital bed.

I find this really disturbing. Some moments really should be private. I fear there is a whole generation or two who have lost all understand of the concepts of privacy and discretion due to our reality TV and social networking obsessed culture. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Got to agree. I was never into Ibiza type "scenes" or 18 - 30s getaways anyway. My idea of hell. :o

I agree. Lots of people I know go on them. I'd rather go and relax.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. Lots of people I know go on them. I'd rather go and relax.

I've never been into clubbing, and I'm not so invested in sex that I'd go on holiday with the main goal of getting some.

I think I'm an old fashioned granny type because I'd rather curl up with a good book and a mug of hot chocolate. :o
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find this really disturbing. Some moments really should be private. I fear there is a whole generation or two who have lost all understand of the concepts of privacy and discretion due to our reality TV and social networking obsessed culture. :(

I have to agree, one of my friends posted a picture of her and her husband posing next to her seriously ill father's hospital bed while he was getting his nebuliser, I thought it was very inappropriate.
  • ML11ML11 Posts: 888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pugamo wrote: »
    I have to agree, one of my friends posted a picture of her and her husband posing next to her seriously ill father's hospital bed while he was getting his nebuliser, I thought it was very inappropriate.

This is uncanny? One on my friend list posted much the same as you have mentioned. I deleted all my on-line friends and deleted my account as this was the last straw for me with Facebook.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pugamo wrote: »
    I have to agree, one of my friends posted a picture of her and her husband posing next to her seriously ill father's hospital bed while he was getting his nebuliser.

Gross. I find this sort of thing really horrible. Why do so many people have no concept of boundaries - including those old enough to know better? Why do so many people see everything in their life as a bloody Facebook opportunity? It's depressing and dehumanising.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems like everyone thinks this person's latest relationship is fake:

"4 all u haters i love *** ******* and she loves me and if u dont like it **** U REMOVE URSELF FROM MY FRIENDS LIST true friends stand by each ova no matter wot!!!!!!"
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Someone i know posted about how it would have been the day of birth of her first baby had she not miscarried. Cue loads of supportive statuses. Then the conversation turned into people wishing her luck conceiving again and one person put "ive got my fingers crossed for you. Make sure u keep everything crossed, except your legs of course!"

Now to me that seems a bit off in a conversation mourning the loss of her previous pregnancy to then turn it into something like that. A bit of humour is ok is some situations but it just sounded really out of place.
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Not really an update, but I saw someone selling some Ann summers "gear" on the local buy and sell page earlier. Apart from some pervy blokes replying I don't think she sold anything before the admin removed it. Who in their right mind would want to buy second hand vibrators and kinky underwear.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone i know posted about how it would have been the day of birth of her first baby had she not miscarried. Cue loads of supportive statuses. Then the conversation turned into people wishing her luck conceiving again and one person put "ive got my fingers crossed for you. Make sure u keep everything crossed, except your legs of course!"

Now to me that seems a bit off in a conversation mourning the loss of her previous pregnancy to then turn it into something like that. A bit of humour is ok is some situations but it just sounded really out of place.

The status updates being shared thread are starting to depress me, even though I found it very funny originally. So many people seem to have no social skills or sense of what is appropriate and when at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Marbella pics keep coming! Most of them are of the same group of girls in the same pose but taken at different angles.
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hahaha this one's a doozy!

"Who r all the skanki slagz in my "Ppl U May Kno" feed?"

Er, love, they'd be your friends' friends, colleagues or people who you have lots in common with. No further comment!

Not necessarily :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I actually agree, it is slightly inappropriate. I'm sure they meant well but what if she isn't ready to try again? A miscarriage is a massive thing to deal with, let alone the pressure/fears about trying to get pregnant again :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This.

I hate how Mothers feel the need to post pictures of their child naked/unwell/in hospital etc. Just things we don't need to see. Before FB I doubt 99% of parents would have felt the need to take a pic of their child unwell/in hospital.

Also my Nan was recently taken into hospital when she was very poorly. None of us posted about it (as we wouldn't anyway). Even when she died none of us did. There was only one status relating to it but had no mention of my Nan or her death. Just that my cousin loves us all.
This discussion has been closed.