Options

Maloney gets bollocking from X Factor producers

JamesC81JamesC81 Posts: 14,792
Forum Member
✭✭
Christopher Maloney has become public enemy number one on the X Factor after turning up late yet again to rehearsals.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2232119/X-Factor-2012-Chris-Maloney-considers-quitting-producer-blasts-continued-lateness.html

Maloney with his bad attitude thinks he's bigger than the show. Here's a few choice quotes showing how he treats others with a lack of respect
'All of the other contestants are on time and respectful of each other and production but Chris continually flouts the rules which is unfair on everyone else in the competition.'

According to The Sun, this is the fourth time that Chris has been late for rehearsals and his poor time keeping delayed fellow contestants by over an hour.

'Chris is one of the most disliked contestants backstage because of the way he treats the production crew and other performers,' a source told the newspaper.

Comments

• Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But there are interesting counter-points in the same article saying he was only a few minutes late and that other acts have been late this year and nothing was said.

Are the producers trying to bully him off the show I wonder? I get the impression they would be ecstatic if he quit.
  • Options
    xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    But there are interesting counter-points in the same article saying he was only a few minutes late and that other acts have been late this year and nothing was said.

Are the producers trying to bully him off the show I wonder? I get the impression they would be ecstatic if he quit.

I read something earlier that the producers almost made him quit after they had a right go at him and that he was on his "final warning". Part of me wouldn't be surprised if he "leaves" if he gets through this week.
  • Options
    oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xeo wrote: »
    I read something earlier that the producers almost made him quit after they had a right go at him and that he was on his "final warning". Part of me wouldn't be surprised if he "leaves" if he gets through this week.

thought i read , he thought about quitting :confused:
  • Options
    E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    Yes i believe so too (re: producers). This however will insight the fanbase even more to vote...they do love an underdog
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xeo wrote: »

It's probably their only way of stopping him reaching the final now.....bully him off the show and blame his departure on 'diva' Christopher throwing a 'tantrum'.

Interestingly Frankie Cocozza now says he was forced into quitting last year despite the producers having nowhere near enough evidence against him to make him quit.
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they want rid of someone they don't leak anything. It goes all quiet for the whole week. Their performance will be uneventful. The judges comments beige and bland.

Just now, they want him in the news, generating press and playing the divisive role. Rylan will shortly be gone. Casual voters will come along at the end and Jahmene or Ella will win because it's X Factor and that's how it always works.

I'm not sure why so many people seem to have convinced themselves that he's winning every week by a huge, irreversible, margin.

As for his lateness, the good news is that he just got into trouble. If a runner or researcher were showing up late with impunity and up to one hour late as well, they'd just be fired.
    It's probably their only way of stopping him reaching the final now.....bully him off the show and blame his departure on 'diva' Christopher throwing a 'tantrum'.

Interestingly Frankie Cocozza now says he was forced into quitting last year despite the producers having nowhere near enough evidence against him to make him quit.

It's not a court, they don't need evidence. They can get rid of whoever they want whenever they want - "the producers decisions are final". I'm sure they could afford to pay back the 27 people that voted Frankie at some point last series. OFCOM don't care, to paraphrase comments from previous X Factor adjudications, the design of reality television shows and decisions taken in unusual circumstances are a matter for producers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C14E wrote: »

It's not a court, they don't need evidence. They can get rid of whoever they want whenever they want - "the producers decisions are final". I'm sure they could afford to pay back the 27 people that voted Frankie at some point last series. OFCOM don't care, to paraphrase comments from previous X Factor adjudications, the design of reality television shows and decisions taken in unusual circumstances are a matter for producers.

Cocozza says the producers used dirty tricks with hired stooges to dupe him into saying he had used cocaine (and that they personally organised his nights out for him), but even then they hadn't a shred of evidence against him, but he decided not to fight them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cocozza says the producers used dirty tricks with hired stooges to dupe him into saying he had used cocaine (and that they personally organised his nights out for him), but even then they hadn't a shred of evidence against him, but he decided not to fight them.

Again, it didn't really matter. They didn't need to prove anything. Coke or not, they could just say he was being disruptive and his time was up.

Not that he was much of a threat, his days were numbered anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Again, it didn't really matter. They didn't need to prove anything. Coke or not, they could just say he was being disruptive and his time was up.

Not that he was much of a threat, his days were numbered anyway.

Yes, "being disruptive" on the nights out they were organising for him and ferrying him by car to :D;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, "being disruptive" on the nights out they were organising for him and ferrying him by car to :D;)

:D True.

But it matters not.

I'm not entirely clued up on Cocozza. True or not, the cocaine scandal probably wasn't what Syco wanted when they'd done a big deal with M&S. And once it appeared, true or not, he had to go. I can see them bigging up his party boy lifestyle, but inventing a coke story seems unlikely.
  • Options
    Butterfly8588Butterfly8588 Posts: 701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i really dont know what to make of Christopher. I really liked him on auditions and judges houses but the more i watch the more i see his 'on demand' shaking and it's getting rather silly.
    That said though all this stuff in the papers and the audience booing him when he gets through etc seems quite harsh to me. The poor bloke is getting it in the neck from all sides and he's probably a really nice man.
    I really cant stand the media, any form of it, because everything they say is either half truths or a complete fabrication. If they told me it was raining outside i'd have to go and check for myself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D True.

But it matters not.

I'm not entirely clued up on Cocozza. True or not, the cocaine scandal probably wasn't what Syco wanted when they'd done a big deal with M&S. And once it appeared, true or not, he had to go. I can see them bigging up his party boy lifestyle, but inventing a coke story seems unlikely.

He says the coke story was true (ie. he had taken coke alone in a public bathroom) but that they tricked him into admitting it by nefarious means and that he certainly hadn't been bragging about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He says the coke story was true (ie. he had taken coke alone in a public bathroom) but that they tricked him into admitting it by nefarious means and that he certainly hadn't been bragging about it.

I can't say I have any sympathy for him whatsoever. Even less if he actually had to be tricked into admitting it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't say I have any sympathy for him whatsoever. Even less if he actually had to be tricked into admitting it.

Yes, he can have no complaints as he did take cocaine.

He had plenty more to say btw including that the producers pick the songs, and not the "judges" (but we knew that already).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    I saw this in The Mirror yesterday, and the article appeared to be sympathetic towards the orange one, implying he was being singled out for bullying. The photo they showed also had his voting number on.

Hopefully this won't work in his favour and get him sympathy votes at the weekend............
  • Options
    Susie-RSusie-R Posts: 1,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet if it was one of their favourites they wouldn't mind them being late, they're scared he's going to win
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member

Are the producers trying to bully him off the show I wonder?.

Not the B word again FFS.
  • Options
    PorkSausagePorkSausage Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    E05297535 wrote: »
    Yes i believe so too (re: producers). This however will insight the fanbase even more to vote...they do love an underdog

..especially if it really annoys the maniplative producers.
  • Options
    Mr Hunny BunnyMr Hunny Bunny Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "According to The Sun... "
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Putting aside my dislike for Maloney, he obviously deserved this. X Factor throws bucket loads of money at rehearsals and the like. Didn't he go home without telling anyone and miss the Robbie Williams masterclass? It's extremely embarrassing for the producers. If an act is late EVERY single time like it seems Maloney is, then it means the entire crew is left waiting for him. Which means they finish work late.

Also, some reports say he was minute late, but according to producer, he was an hour late: https://twitter.com/marksidaway
  • Options
    paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah The Sun, that bastion of honest journalism. More like friend of Max Clifford, agent to Cowell.

The bullying continues.
  • Options
    oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Satnavvy wrote: »
    Not the B word again FFS.

baloney baloney baloney baloney baloney baloney baloney
  • Options
    Skip65Skip65 Posts: 1,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joey1985 wrote: »
    I saw this in The Mirror yesterday, and the article appeared to be sympathetic towards the orange one, implying he was being singled out for bullying. The photo they showed also had his voting number on.

Hopefully this won't work in his favour and get him sympathy votes at the weekend............

Hopefully it will. Christmas number one here we come. Isn't it great.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oxygenjj wrote: »
    It's great that you use links from everywhere to try and give abuse to chris,the minute there is an article stating what other people from behind the scenes are stating the way chris is being treated , you come out with a derogatory remark about chris. How would you feel if you and your family took the constant abuse chris and his family have had to take. A lot of it pretty offensive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Putting aside my dislike for Maloney, he obviously deserved this. X Factor throws bucket loads of money at rehearsals and the like. Didn't he go home without telling anyone and miss the Robbie Williams masterclass? It's extremely embarrassing for the producers. If an act is late EVERY single time like it seems Maloney is, then it means the entire crew is left waiting for him. Which means they finish work late.

Also, some reports say he was minute late, but according to producer, he was an hour late: https://twitter.com/marksidaway
    No one deserves to be sworn at or made to be humiliated in front of people. He hasn't done it every week, that as been other acts, but nothing was said to them. It's quite typical of the chris haters how you would not accept one persons account that it was a minute late ,but chose to accept the producers account that it was an hour.