Options

Tonight was the best example so far that Speidi treat this as a gameshow

Comments

• Options
    FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    18 nominations out of 18 implies they're not playing the other housemates very well.
    But they have survived two evictions. It's about playing the public, not the HMs ;)
  • Options
    cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamesC81 wrote: »
    Tonight was masterful, they're trolling the other all so serious and boring hms with their antics. At exactly the right moments Speidi can be ultra serious or laugh when the time calls for it.

They are versatile and can use mindgames("we want to win") or also use flattery against their rivals ("rylan you have so much support out there"). It's just so fun watching them run rings around the other hms. None of them can figure them out, which is an advantage and infact all getting quite wound up by them.

Now of course thats not to say they will win because parts of the audience aren't gonna get it but for those that do and like that sort of thing its been a very good watch!

I agree ,they're brilliant H/MS :D
  • Options
    ParmesanParmesan Posts: 2,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wind up merchants par excellence!
  • Options
    DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, of course, BB Is a silly, pointless gameshow at the end of the day.
    But in between, the good BB'S were a cross between soaps, panto's and mini dramas.
    All we've got with this is a cold, calculating gameshow.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bah! Anton would have eaten them for breakfast.
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fanntastik wrote: »
    But they have survived two evictions. It's about playing the public, not the HMs ;)

Well, they're playing you well, obviously. And everyone else that falls for their boring, unpleasant and constant bullcrap.
  • Options
    onfencewithrachonfencewithrach Posts: 6,479
    Forum Member
    Conehead wrote: »

lol anton, has he even resurfaced since victor laid the smackdown on him on twitter?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, they're playing you well, obviously. And everyone else that falls for their boring, unpleasant and constant bullcrap.
    I don't vote so no, they're not playing me at all :rolleyes:

And I find the rest of the HMs with the exception of Speidi to be boring and unpleasant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't vote so no, they're not playing me at all :rolleyes:

And I find the rest of the HMs with the exception of Speidi to be boring and unpleasant.

Get on, just getting you to promote them is playing you enough.

And they admit its a game.

And you admit they are playing the public.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Get on? :rolleyes:

Just because I support them as HMs doesn't mean I'm promoting them. I find them the only entertaining thing about this series and thankfully see this show as nothing more then a bit of entertainment. So like I said, they are not playing me at all.

And it is about playing the voting public, otherwise they would have been out of there already.
  • Options
    Colbert BumpColbert Bump Posts: 3,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speidi were superb tonight, they are legendary hpusemates.
  • Options
    Colbert BumpColbert Bump Posts: 3,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conehead wrote: »

The same guy who cried when he heard the crowd booing him.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    Dixon wrote: »
    Yes, of course, BB Is a silly, pointless gameshow at the end of the day.
    But in between, the good BB'S were a cross between soaps, panto's and mini dramas.
    All we've got with this is a cold, calculating gameshow.

In the early days it was more about personalities, but people know the format now now, they make alliances Gillian,Clare,Tricia,Razor and Rylan will never nominate each other we know that and they know it, so they're all playing the game, and no matter how hard Speidi had tried with those 5 they would not have been a part of the clique....Ryan's chat with Razor was brought on because he knew they were going to nominate him with Speid it was the only chance he had of staying.

It's a game show like any other, but what the girls have completely forgotten is that they still need to be entertaining and they haven't been, The punishment is harder for them as they thought they were safe....I love the way they blamed Ryan for it, but Razor did answer him and was a part of that conversation, however they all knew Razor was a part of their group and wouldn't have nominated them.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Not playing the public, playing to the public.

Great HM's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jak14 wrote: »
    Not playing the public, playing to the public.

Great HM's.

Playing to the public for what reason and in what way?

To get them to think they're sort of ironic and great baddies?

That them being vile in a game is great strategy and entertainment?

I'm honestly interested, what are they trying to get us to think?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Playing to the public for what reason and in what way?

To get them to think they're sort of ironic and great baddies?

That them being vile in a game is great strategy and entertainment?

I'm honestly interested, what are they trying to get us to think?

When were they vile? they have responded to hearing other people being nasty about them, they talk to each other they never discuss their views of a person onto other HM's.....Their opinion of Rylan was that he was fake, he insisted they tell him, when they did he almost had a breakdown, they had spent 48 hours listening to the other HM's talking about them, and we know Rylan diid/said something that prompted BB to tell him to stop (of course it was Rylan so we didn't get to see that)............Speidi get nominated every time by all the HM's but they take it in their stride, because they know it's a game, it's not about making friends and we know from past BB's that HM's rarely keep in contact after the show..................I though Speidi was spot on tonight when he said how they all say they love everyone, bullsh1t, they don't love anyone, Speidi are the most honest HM's in there, it's not a game of life or death to them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jak14 wrote: »
    When were they vile? they have responded to hearing other people being nasty about them, they talk to each other they never discuss their views of a person onto other HM's.....Their opinion of Rylan was that he was fake, he insisted they tell him, when they did he almost had a breakdown, they had spent 48 hours listening to the other HM's talking about them, and we know Rylan diid/said something that prompted BB to tell him to stop (of course it was Rylan so we didn't get to see that)............Speidi get nominated every time by all the HM's but they take it in their stride, because they know it's a game, it's not about making friends and we know from past BB's that HM's rarely keep in contact after the show..................I though Speidi was spot on tonight when he said how they all say they love everyone, bullsh1t, they don't love anyone, Speidi are the most honest HM's in there, it's not a game of life or death to them.

You just list reasons why they behaved so unpleasantly, not that they aren't horribly unpleasant.

Your'e right about Speidi not loving anyone, they don't even get on, or are fond of anyone apart from each other.

I don't think that being honest about how unpleasant, ill mannered and hypocritical they are makes them decent people.

And I think it is a game of life and death for them, otherwise they would have walked. Heidi said they couldn't walk (they're broke and trying to revive a dead reality career).

I think they want you to think they're great game players, and that everyone is secretly as horrible as them, and aren't they clever to see through it all, and then play it like the pros they are, not giving a damn about anyone else who are sort of stupid compared to the glorious Speidi.

Then their fans can say 'hey, I understand them, they're so clever and such great baddies, love em', and aren't they great at not giving a monkeys that they're unpopular whoo heee, I'm in on it, and I think it's great'.

And they have succeeded beyond their expectations.

They've been sussed as just nasty, weird, publicity **** in America and noone wants to know.

In my opinion of course.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You just list reasons why they behaved so unpleasantly, not that they aren't horribly unpleasant.

Your'e right about Speidi not loving anyone, they don't even get on, or are fond of anyone apart from each other.

I don't think that being honest about how unpleasant, ill mannered and hypocritical they are makes them decent people.

And I think it is a game of life and death for them, otherwise they would have walked. Heidi said they couldn't walk (they're broke and trying to revive a dead reality career).

I think they want you to think they're great game players, and that everyone is secretly as horrible as them, and aren't they clever to see through it all, and then play it like the pros they are, not giving a damn about anyone else who are sort of stupid compared to the glorious Speidi.

Then their fans can say 'hey, I understand them, they're so clever and such great baddies, love em', and aren't they great at not giving a monkeys that they're unpopular whoo heee, I'm in on it, and I think it's great'.

They've been sussed as just nasty, weird, publicity **** in America and noone wants to know.

In my opinion of course.
    When has this actually been said?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've heard such things many times, though not with those words necessarily, the phrases were to give an example of the way I think Speidi want their fans to think.

It's only an opinion you know. Feel free to disagree.

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've heard such things many times, though not with those words necessarily, the phrases were to give an example of the way I think Speidi want their fans to think.

It's only an opinion you know. Feel free to disagree.

:)
    I know :) And I do disagree, because I haven't heard something like that before.
  • Options
    onfencewithrachonfencewithrach Posts: 6,479
    Forum Member

i know i never said the phrase, "give a monkeys".. i've never even heard that said in my entire life. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i know i never said the phrase, "give a monkeys".. i've never even heard that said in my entire life. :p

I've explained above.

Apologies for the ancient phrase, I'm fond of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually that part I have heard before :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually that part I have heard before :p

Thank God for that, I didn't think it was THAT archaic.
  • Options
    Forum Member

In my opinion of course.

I haven't said they are clever, however Speidi and Rylan know reality shows, Rylan is probably cleverer than them as he knows the UK reality audience. Speidi having spent time listening/watching the HM's picked up on Ryland playing up to the mirrors (the cameras) and singing while conversations are going on, knowing that cant be shown on the highlights.

Rylan wants to win so so badly, Speidi will be over the moon to get to the last day...But don't be fooled Speidi and Rylan are the people playing the game, Rylan come over as more likeable, although Rylans comment about everyone in England knowing who he is, showed us what an inflated ego he has. must admit that put me off him a bit, and I have only seen him on BB I knew as much about him as I did about Speidi.