Options

Oscar Pistorius Bail Hearing Begins

Comments

• Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xela M wrote: »
    I admit his story sounds unbelievable, but I want to believe it so badly! It's hard to imagine someone so heroic and distinguished throw away his life because of some fame hungry model he barely knew. :( He could have so easily replaced her with another.

That's the problem: you want to believe it, because you don't want to face the fact that recklessly slaughtering someone is the action of a cowardly maniac, not a hero. She was a far better person than him.
  • Options
    Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1fab wrote: »
    That's the problem: you want to believe it, because you don't want to face the fact that recklessly slaughtering someone is the action of a cowardly maniac, not a hero. She was a far better person than him.

I understand, but he was the role model of so many :( It's very sad.
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Very sad for whom...him or her? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    francie wrote: »
    Very sad for whom...him or her? :rolleyes:

Both, but I'm sure you've guessed that I'm a big OP fan.
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    OP says the bedroom was in pitch black as he had drawn down the blinds or curtains earlier. I don't think he has said anything about how was the light in the bathroom.
    But there is no door from the bathroom to the bedroom is there, so if a light was on in the bathroom, quite a bit would leak into the bedroom meaning it wouldn't be pitch black.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reeva had a law degree and might have become a lawyer. She was not the average bimbo model. Also, 6 years ago she broke her back in a serious riding accident, and had to learn to walk again. She was much more than just a pretty face.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both, but I'm sure you've guessed that I'm a big OP fan.

I daren't tell you what I've "guessed" about you.
  • Options
    NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    saralund wrote: »
    What about the window the intruder supposedly entered through, ie the bathroom window? The one he thought had a ladder outside?

Oh, the only window open in the bathroom/toilet was the bathroom window:).

Calico_pie and I were just considering how reasonable/plausible/understandable OP's thoughts, feelings and actions were on the day, based on what was presented to the court.
  • Options
    LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok... I didn't mean to cause outrage and I realise that a woman is dead, but... We all know her popularity increased by dating OP. No one has ever heard of her before she became his girlfriend and suddenly started getting reality tv contracts. It's just hard to imagine this was true love. They only knew each other for 4 months. What I meant was that it would have been so stupid of him to go into a jealous rage over her. He's the superstar, not her.

So it would have been OK for him to go into a jealous rage over someone who (in your opinion, obviously) is also a "superstar"? Whatever are you on?
  • Options
    LH1LH1 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I admit his story sounds unbelievable, but I want to believe it so badly! It's hard to imagine someone so heroic and distinguished throw away his life because of some fame hungry model he barely knew. :( He could have so easily replaced her with another.

He's far from heroic or distinguished. He's thrown away a young woman's life. He's still here. She isn't.
  • Options
    bollywoodbollywood Posts: 67,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok... I didn't mean to cause outrage and I realise that a woman is dead, but... We all know her popularity increased by dating OP. No one has ever heard of her before she became his girlfriend and suddenly started getting reality tv contracts. It's just hard to imagine this was true love. They only knew each other for 4 months. What I meant was that it would have been so stupid of him to go into a jealous rage over her. He's the superstar, not her.

That really has nothing to do with why people get obsessed. She was quite lovely in the photographs and she could have replaced him.
  • Options
    KathySparkKathySpark Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aggs wrote: »
    Me, for one.

I don't like the light on 'cos it wakes me up. I can get out of bed, use the toilet and be back in bed before my brain has properly come to terms with being awake!

Glad there is somebody else, I was begining to think I was a bit odd, cause I never put the light on when I nip to the loo in the middle of the night.:)
  • Options
    PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    francie wrote: »
    I daren't tell you what I've "guessed" about you.

I too have guessed a lot
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KathySpark wrote: »
    Glad there is somebody else, I was begining to think I was a bit odd, cause I never put the light on when I nip to the loo in the middle of the night.:)

do you lock the door?
  • Options
    PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member

In fact she was a role model , she was getting quite involved in womens rights and speaking up against violence against women .Maybe you should choose your role models a bit better in future .
  • Options
    PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    do you lock the door?

Going to the toilet with the light off? Totally normal.

Going to the toilet and locking the door? Totally normal.

Going to the toilet with the light off and locking the door? Odd.
  • Options
    KathySparkKathySpark Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow some of the comments on the last couple of pages are crazy. It scared me to realise that people still think like that.

:eek:
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Dreadful. You know nothing about the dead woman.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how true this story is, but I read somewhere that OP has threatened to break someone's legs because his 18-year-old girlfriend cheated on him during the Olympics and one of the comments on a forum was: "such a superstar chasing after 18-year-old skirt". Those were kind of my feelings when I read it.
  • Options
    bollywoodbollywood Posts: 67,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nihonga wrote: »
    Oh, the only window open in the bathroom/toilet was the bathroom window:).

Calico_pie and I were just considering how reasonable/plausible/understandable OP's thoughts, feelings and actions were on the day, based on what was presented to the court.

But why was that window open. Did anyone explain it? Not barred and open are too different things.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how true this story is, but I read somewhere that OP has threatened to break someone's legs because his 18-year-old girlfriend cheated on him during the Olympics and one of the comments on a forum was: "such a superstar chasing after 18-year-old skirt". Those were kind of my feelings when I read it.

I think you've made your feelings quite clear.
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there any proof the window was open before the event?
  • Options
    PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KathySpark wrote: »
    Wow some of the comments on the last couple of pages are crazy. It scared me to realise that people still think like that.

:eek:

Don't worry, I think it's only one potty individual. At least everyone now agrees on something!
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    do you lock the door?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no at home. No particular reason why or why not, just how the automatic pilot dictates. If I'm in someone else's house - however well know them - then yes,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oi I'm not alone. My mum and dad, as well as colleagues had the same reaction :o
This discussion has been closed.