Options

What have the housemates taught you?

planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
Forum Member
i have found them to be very educational here's what i have learnt:
1. if a man can't decide what marital status he is, odds on he is in a relationship (or two ...or three)
2. if a woman says "i love you to bits but..." run for the hills or you will never get out alive
3. if a man grabs you by the face and tells you to "soar" run for the hills but introduce him to the "i love you to bits" girl before you go.
4. if someone says "lower your tone and strengthen your argument" insert earplugs as they will not stop for breath and will incrementally get louder and louder until your brain haemorrhages.
5. if someone stops breathing but then starts breathing again and continues breathing for many years they are not dead.
6. too much Jazz Hands can damage your health.
7. tattooing your face isn't a good idea.

what have you learnt from this year's housemates?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    How false people are.
  • Options
    KDDS07KDDS07 Posts: 5,861
    Forum Member
    How easy it is to manipulate people and how evil it is to use the power of manipulation.
  • Options
    rachael7rachael7 Posts: 1,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Number 5 - brilliant :D

This years HMs have taught me that weirdo's come in many guises and also to not waste time watching the drivel in the first place.
  • Options
    ZadethZadeth Posts: 5,450
    Forum Member
    Not all rich people are stuck up bitches.
    Keep crisps in the fridge to seduce the ladies.
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Nature knows best - stick within 3 or so shades of your natural hair and skin tone..

Tact and lying are not mutually exclusive - it is possible to tell the truth without being obnoxiously rude.

Telling it how it is/speaking your mind/being honest are not excuses to belittle, insult or offend.

An alternative take on a situation is not necessarily a lie, it could just mean the other person has different information to you.

Maintain good dietary habits - 3 balanced meals at intervals throughout the day should suffice. If nocturnal peckishness does occur a snack rather than a pasta meal is enough.

Old jam jars don't make very good drinking vessels; even if you attach a handle.
  • Options
    Pimlico_PassPimlico_Pass Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That real friends are hard to make.

None of this lot remotely like each other at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    rachael7 wrote: »
    Number 5 - brilliant :D

This years HMs have taught me that weirdo's come in many guises and also to not waste time watching the drivel in the first place.

never a truer word spoken.....
    Zadeth wrote: »

i missed that bit!!! who taught you that??!
  • Options
    ZadethZadeth Posts: 5,450
    Forum Member
    planets wrote: »
    i missed that bit!!! who taught you that??!

Dexter.
  • Options
    BlomkvistBlomkvist Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Insects know f**k all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Blomkvist wrote: »
    Insects know f**k all.

And even if they did they can't talk!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nature knows best - stick within 3 or so shades of your natural hair and skin tone..

Tact and lying are not mutually exclusive - it is possible to tell the truth without being obnoxiously rude.

Telling it how it is/speaking your mind/being honest are not excuses to belittle, insult or offend.

An alternative take on a situation is not necessarily a lie, it could just mean the other person has different information to you.

Maintain good dietary habits - 3 balanced meals at intervals throughout the day should suffice. If nocturnal peckishness does occur a snack rather than a pasta meal is enough.

Old jam jars don't make very good drinking vessels; even if you attach a handle.

BIB what about gone off chicken half cooked and put in the fridge hot? ;)

on a more serious note, Callum did crystalise for me, behaviour i have experienced but never been able to pick up warning signals for....watching him with charlie (especially the long dark night of interminable circular instruction) actually clarified red flag/alarm bell type behaviour!

i agree with everything else, especially those ugly glasses
    Dexter.

:D i should have guessed really :D
    That real friends are hard to make.

None of this lot remotely like each other at all.

completely agree Pimlico
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BIB what about gone off chicken half cooked and put in the fridge hot? ;)

on a more serious note, Callum did crystalise for me, behaviour i have experienced but never been able to pick up warning signals for....watching him with charlie (especially the long dark night of interminable circular instruction) actually clarified red flag/alarm bell type behaviour!

i agree with everything else, especially those ugly glasses

I had forgotten about that chicken. Its a miracle they didn't spend the next two days in the loo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not learnt but had reinforced:

The ugliness of a woman is almost always directly proportional to the amount of metal they voluntarily embed in their face.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charlie Travers really likes Matt Bianco.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I had forgotten about that chicken. Its a miracle they didn't spend the next two days in the loo.

how strong the digestive system is when you are young!....that should definitely have been my number 8!!!!
    Blomkvist wrote: »
    Charlie Travers really likes Matt Bianco.

and morcambe and wise :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Talking sh*te does not constitute a deep conversation. It's amazing how many things happen to certain people esp' the "victims" & drama queens hmmm. Yeah, Yeah poor you - you must have been through sooo much OMG. Hair- straighteners are really important. Shouting,screaming & finger pointing will usually win you an argument. People with bags of money can be o.k. Dexter's mum is beautiful inside & out. Bitchy tattooed types are not marriage material. Make-up is a great way of hiding spots. Even women don't get on with women. It's always somebody else's fault. If they're gonna fake it do you think they might fake orgasms? Females do not mature quicker than males. Trust no one, question everything, believe nothing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yours is better. :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    When you're in love or really attracted to someone that gives them a position of power. If you wanna judge someone watch what they are like at work & play. Actions speak louder than words. Never take anyone at face-value even if they are good-looking. Women really take the P & will lap up all the nice things you say to them even if they don't give a **** about you. Attention-seeking is a major biological function of certain types. Friends are hard to find. Gambling is only good if you win. Champagne is really expensive. Some people are really thick.
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've taught me nothing at all. Sorry!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They've taught me nothing at all. Sorry!

not even the thing about the crisps in the fridge being a lady magnet?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not even the thing about the crisps in the fridge being a lady magnet?!

Why would anyone put crisps in a fridge ???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Manipulation is insidious. Lie to me once - shame on you. Lie to me twice - shame on me. If you walk into a room & it goes quiet it means they've been bitching about you. If there's an evacuation - they don't like you. If you wanna impress someone - namedrop. Money is a great way of getting women. Fame is an aphrodisiac.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    They've taught me that BB hms are all self centered!!
    And they have the table manners and sounds of chimps (sorry chimps)
    And I'd be better off watching something else.

So...... Bring on CBB, they will surely be a nice wholesome group 😄
  • Options
    Forum Member
    redex wrote: »
    Why would anyone put crisps in a fridge ???

i have no idea!!! but Zadeth said it was something he learnt,

i missed it, i've been wondering how it would work!!!:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And they have the table manners and sounds of chimps (sorry chimps)

Are you honestly saying it's like watching a David Attenborough docmentary where the animals have the ability to speak??

If so, I agree wholeheartedly :D
    So...... Bring on CBB, they will surely be a nice wholesome group 😄

Yes that's the spirit, keep up the BB optimism :D