Options

Anyone else hate their neighbours?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 254
Forum Member
I decided not to moan about it after all :)

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i don't get on with a few of mine. for some reason they just don't seen to like me :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i love one side but absolutely detest the other:mad:
    the evil side
    they only ever come outside in the summer-like vampires (seriously)
    if they do their gardening, they will take the whole day, and start in the middle of the night:mad:
    they are always screaming and shouting in their own language and then when someoe in our house shouts they come round and say;
    "please, our son/daughter is trying to revise":mad:
    they always come round to have tea at our house but when we go to theirs, they never answer the door and as soon as we leave, they walk out of their front door acting as if nothing happened:mad:
    they act like this after we've known each other for 4/5 years

the not evil side
    they only recently moved in and they came over and gave us two boxes of chocolate. and we gave them tea and had a chat and even helped them move in.:D
    for eid, they gave us a gift, and for diwali we gave them a gift.
    they always invite us around for dinner and we do the same.:D
    they had a huge family party last week and even invited our family.:D
    they always give us discounts if we want to buys something from their many shops or need out car repairing.
    we've only known them for a couple of weeks!!
  • Options
    MadgeMadge Posts: 6,492
    Forum Member
    I have the loveliest neighbours in the history of lovely neighbours :)
  • Options
    GirlfromEireannGirlfromEireann Posts: 4,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both my next door neighbours are fine. I don't hate them. The woman on one side though is a bit annoying and quite snoopy. However, we just don't give her any information, so she hasn't bothered with it.

There are a few people across the road who are rude and inconsiderate. I'm not the kind of person to stand on the footpath and have a deep and meaningful with my neighbourrs - all I want to do is have someone nod and say hello who I am leaving in the morning/coming home in the evening. Others in the park where I like can manage to do it, so why can't a few select people across the road.
  • Options
    comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    нöℓєs wrote: »
    they always come round to have tea at our house but when we go to theirs, they never answer the door and as soon as we leave, they walk out of their front door acting as if nothing happened:mad:

eh? do you invite them - more fool you or do they just turn up?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get along very well with my neighbours.
  • Options
    TanequilTanequil Posts: 367,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't spoken to mine at all, still I have only lived at my address for 15 years, so I suppose no hurry.

Bigger fences make better neighbours.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,543
    Forum Member
    All my neighbours are really nice - apart from the ones two doors down, who are nice, but have chopped down all the trees in their garden which made them bad in my eyes! :mad:

But in fact, most of my street is great. Good country spirit :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to live next door to some drug dealers. the police had to come round most days. the firebrigade about once a week. they left when one of them decided to cut the gas pipe and set light to a trail of newspaper leading to the gas. We were lucky we didnt get blown up.
    Now I hate one side, they hate me, so thats easy. the other side are ok, never going to be best friends, but are reliable and ok to help with things like feeding pets when we go away.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's a nice day so I'm trying not to be too grumpy about it. I won't go into too much detail but our neighbours that annoy us the most thud and bang around a lot which drives me and my partner mad.

There are others which we tolerate. I prefer to keep myself to myself too :)

We like the area as it's quiet and low on crime so we don't want to move yet. I think I need to invest in earplugs.

I used to have the misfortune of living in a bad area with my parents when I was a kid and there was always drug busts early hours in the mornings, some drunk old man singing and shouting outside when the pub closed, couples shouting at each other and even one time an actual domestic when some woman was throwing her cheating partners stuff out of the window. lol
  • Options
    5th Horseman5th Horseman Posts: 10,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like all my neighbours except the ones next door, selfish b*stards the lot of them, constant noise from screaming kids to washing machine banging away at 2 am (although it blew up last week so hopefully they'll have to buy a new quiet one), they built a conservatory that acts like a lighthouse lighting up the whole back of my house so much I had to buy blackout curtains for the bedroom and to top it all they rent out their drive to local office workers and move their cars out every morning blocking other peoples drives and taking up most of the road, it appears they think they own the street.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I like all my neighbours except the ones next door, selfish b*stards the lot of them, constant noise from screaming kids to washing machine banging away at 2 am (although it blew up last week so hopefully they'll have to buy a new quiet one), they built a conservatory that acts like a lighthouse lighting up the whole back of my house so much I had to buy blackout curtains for the bedroom and to top it all they rent out their drive to local office workers and move their cars out every morning blocking other peoples drives and taking up most of the road, it appears they think they own the street.

That happened to one of our neighbours and they dumped the washing machine outside. It's still there and has been for the last 6 months.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    comedyfish wrote: »
    eh? do you invite them - more fool you or do they just turn up?

no, they just turn up...
  • Options
    comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    нöℓєs wrote: »
    no, they just turn up...

how about answering the door and saying

'hi'

don't let them in

if they say we just thought we would pop 'round and say hello

'sorry it's not convenient at the minute - we can pop 'round later though if you like, what time?'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think one of my neighbours is a witch. she has lots of white hair, a crooked nose and cackles at me... however i am still polite to her (i dont want her to put a curse on me!!!):o:D
  • Options
    stormtrackerstormtracker Posts: 1,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madge wrote: »

Those are my sentiments about our neighbours as well :D
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have lovely neighbours on both sides. Hope they never move.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of them are fine. The resident prick across the street is suitably shunned by everyone else:)
  • Options
    nogoodbyesnogoodbyes Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madge wrote: »

Everybody needs good neighbours :D
  • Options
    Lush_LolaLush_Lola Posts: 4,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even know who my neighbours are :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lush_Lola wrote: »
    I don't even know who my neighbours are :o

Me neither :o I've spoken to one of them once, about the traffic or something. Don't know any of their names though.
  • Options
    BigfeetBigfeet Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love my neighbours, and the neighbourhood that I live in :) .
  • Options
    ~*~Jess~*~~*~Jess~*~ Posts: 4,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like my neighbour on the left. He's really nice, and I must admit we can't be the easiest of neighbours sometimes :o however on the right, it's empty at the moment (was a bought to let house but now the owner is selling it) and the owner is a right snob. Turns up in her Porsche 4x4 or whatever and bangs on our door, blaming us for the housing association not fixing our fence, has a go at us for the binmen not putting the bin back where it should be, and absolutely anything and everything, because she can't sell the house. No love, it's not our fault, it's because the house is complete utter shit that no one in their right mind would buy it! (It's the same as ours and it really is horrible)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I live next door to my best mate :) That was the reason why I got this house, because he already had one and we were looking for somewhere else, and they are new houses so were going pretty cheap :p

The other side is your average family who we don't really bother with but say hi if we see them outside.
  • Options
    fat controllerfat controller Posts: 13,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't really know my neighbours that well - there is one old dear in the house that sides onto my driveway who always speaks, she is lovely, and her son has a chat when he comes to visit. The people that live in the flat above hers are fairly new (about a year now) and I've never seen them once.

Next door on one side, is Mr Inconsiderate - has the tendency to throw loud karaoke parties that go on into the small hours, which in itself isn't too much of an issue - the fact that he seems to pick a Monday or a Tuesday night is an issue. :mad:

On the other side, there is a young woman (not too hard on the eye ;) ) who has a young child. Allegedly she is a single mum - not that surprising given the procession of men that come and go. Thankfully the wee one hardly seems to be there, and is usually seen with granny.

And in the next flat along, there is an old fat bloke, who has really let himself go - I am certain he is an alcoholic, and his health obviously isn't good (the crutches, and the home carers that come sometimes tell me that); to speak to he is a really nice guy, and will happily spend the time of day with you - that is if you can stand the smell! He has the worst BO problem I think I have ever encountered. I'd hazard a guess that he hasn't washed in months (or more).