Options

What was your best Dr Who Christmas present this year? (Merged)

andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
Forum Member
Ok on a lighter note what was everyone best/favourite Dr Who Christmas present this year. By that I mean something physical rather than the tv special.
Mine was the 12'' radio control red Dalek supreme from journeys end.That makes a full set of the 12'' radio control Daleks.

Comments

• Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i got the Doctor Who annual from my four year old niece, which she had chosen for me herself...:)
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    DW shaker maker, I shall be making them with 7 year old later . The worst was the new TARDIS console which I got for said child, no batteries, no noise. No moving parts, completely rubbish compared to the old one.
  • Options
    saxysaxy Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got my...er I mean... Santa got my other half the DW annual and Calendar.

Annual looks great, looking forward to making our own raggedy Doctor, but the Calendar has no Rory which is pretty disappointing...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got the Brilliant Book of Doctor Who 2011 - highlights include a guide to doing the Drunk Giraffe dance :p A very entertaining read! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not for Christmas, but a couple of months back, my niece had brought (well she got her dad to pay for it!:D) me Doctor Who file book, Tenth Doctor one....never expected that at all....never ever brought those file books, didn't think much of them, but I just love this one because she got it for me!!!!
  • Options
    outsideoutside Posts: 5,610
    Forum Member
    crazzyaz7 wrote: »
    Not for Christmas, but a couple of months back, my niece had brought (well she got her dad to pay for it!:D) me Doctor Who file book, Tenth Doctor one....never expected that at all....never ever brought those file books, didn't think much of them, but I just love this one because she got it for me!!!!

You need to get yourself to the nearest Poundland... the one near me has a lot of them for sale. The 10th Doctor, Rose, Jack and K9 spring to mind. There may be more but I can't get involved otherwise I'll end up with even more Doctor Who merchandise I don't need!

I got the Annual, a Dalek Drone toothbrush, Dalek jelly sweets and a copy of "The King's Dragon" - signed for me by the author - for xmas. From me to me, I got "The Coming of the Terraphiles", the Prisoner Zero toy and (another) sonic screwdriver. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    outside wrote: »
    You need to get yourself to the nearest Poundland... the one near me has a lot of them for sale. The 10th Doctor, Rose, Jack and K9 spring to mind. There may be more but I can't get involved otherwise I'll end up with even more Doctor Who merchandise I don't need!

I got the Annual, a Dalek Drone toothbrush, Dalek jelly sweets and a copy of "The King's Dragon" - signed for me by the author - for xmas. From me to me, I got "The Coming of the Terraphiles", the Prisoner Zero toy and (another) sonic screwdriver. :)

Is it possible to get all that which you got for Christmas from Poundland too...becuase I feel like buying all those those things from the list!!!!!:o Dalek drone toothbrush sounds so cool...

talking about buying presents for self...I got the adipose stress doll....I don't need to to squeeze it...it just makes me smile by looking at it...reminds me of my friend who thinks the adipose are disgusting (well it makes a change from the usual "its childish" criticism;))
  • Options
    outsideoutside Posts: 5,610
    Forum Member
    crazzyaz7 wrote: »
    Is it possible to get all that which you got for Christmas from Poundland too...becuase I feel like buying all those those things from the list!!!!!:o Dalek drone toothbrush sounds so cool...

talking about buying presents for self...I got the adipose stress doll....I don't need to to squeeze it...it just makes me smile by looking at it...reminds me of my friend who thinks the adipose are disgusting (well it makes a change from the usual "its childish" criticism;))

Oh, I want an Adipose of my very own!

A friend of mine got the Desktop Patrol Dalek - it's only about four inches high but I now want one. It's pretty cool - avoids obstacles and strolls to a table's edge then backs away!
  • Options
    ilovedrwho123ilovedrwho123 Posts: 394
    Forum Member
    11 dr sconic scredirver
  • Options
    UrMyStarUrMyStar Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was my sonic screwdriver but my Brother just popped up with my present and it was a boxset of the first four series! So I'd say that now (though I got a weeping angel's standee and I am actually scared of it but I can't put it out of my room cause then I can't look at it, so I've got it right at my monitor lol)
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    i got the Doctor Who annual from my four year old niece, which she had chosen for me herself...:)

Aww that's so sweet.

I got Series 5 on DVD, which I wasn't expecting so I was absolutely made up :) Going to start watching it today.
  • Options
    mousymousy Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    annual
    pjs
    ds slipcase with sonic stylus

oh no that was for my son not me:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the moment it's the Doctor Who calendar, However in a christmas card my mum did there was a "I Ow You" in there.... Which just read "Doctor who Series 5 boxset.... Blu Ray"
  • Options
    Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I wanted the series 5 boxset didn't get it though :(

My mum bought me what she thought was a DVD of Doctor Who (not the boxset though), but it turned out to be the soundtrack. Which I was happy with anyway as it was on my amazon wish list lol.

Now I need to get paid from my job I did over Christmas to buy series 5 boxset.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon87 wrote: »
    Well I wanted the series 5 boxset didn't get it though :(

My mum bought me what she thought was a DVD of Doctor Who (not the boxset though), but it turned out to be the soundtrack. Which I was happy with anyway as it was on my amazon wish list lol.

Now I need to get paid from my job I did over Christmas to buy series 5 boxset.

The problem is that the highstreet I live in they only have an asda and a poorly stocked one to say at lease (I mean they didn't have Assassins creed, Fable 3 or even american dad or family guy DVD's) and with all the problems going on at home she couldn't get into Town to do some hunting around.

However the good thing is I get to do it so i know where to go, but I am more than happy come Jan first to slap up the calendar :D
  • Options
    daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got the Kamelion Tales boxset but there again it's a present I asked for........:D
  • Options
    MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    Desk Dalek!
  • Options
    TimCypherTimCypher Posts: 9,052
    Forum Member
    I was given two Doctor Who related presents this year (both unsolicited, of course... ;) ):

1) A Voc 'action' figure;
    2) A Doctor Who DVD board game

I wanted the S5 boxset...meh, looks like I'll have to pick that up myself...local stores were strangely all sold out. I presume it's been flying off the shelves?

Regards,

Cypher
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because there isn't one.

What who related presents did you get for Christmas? Were they good?

Now here's the place to discuss your presents, review them and share your opinions with other lucky owners.

Alright! I'll start!

Well, to start off. I now have an Eleven Doctors Figure set! Hurrah! How cool is that? Oh, and don't worry, I've inacted an Eleven Doctors episode already :p. Minor hiccups though. Sylvester doesn't have a hat. I always imagine him with a hat. And secondly, David Tennants arms don't swivel. The others all have swirly bits above the elbow but he hasn't. Its a bit of a bother. Oh well!

I also got a Sonic ScrewDriver Wii Remote. How about that? Its pretty nifty. I can play games. As the Doctor! Yay!

Anybody else got anything cool? I know someone has.;) :D
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a very Classic Who Christmas for me as I'd decided months ago to get the Season 5 stuff myself on release date :D

The Revisitations box set and the Bred for War Sontarans box set both found their way under the tree and will keep me busy for a while. Very interesting watching the old stuff with my wife to see the reaction of a non-brit to this stuff. To my surprise (and delight) she's not only enjoying it but actually likes the McCoy era! Though I admit to cheating slightly and starting her at Dragonfire rather than Time and the Rani. Still, can't wait to see her reactions to the TV Movie...
  • Options
    TemporalParadoxTemporalParadox Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    Doctor Who Series 5 Boxset!! Now I have all episodes since 2005 on DVD!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best pressies for my son, the doctor Who tardis playset. Worst was the wii Sonic Screwdriver which took ages to sync properly and runs out of charge too soon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    The Tardis mug with the lid, and the exploding Tardis poster. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    11's sonic screwdriver. It's bloody massive isn't it!

I've been tried to sonic doors and suchlike open all day. I love it!