Windows MiniPod

Is the Apple MiniPod compatible with Windows ME? Also, can I change the earphones and use my Sony earphones (3.5mm)?

I've heard you can't do a SEARCH for tracks on the MiniPod. Is this true? What about on a normal iPod?

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the earphones are compatible, yes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seven wrote:
    Is the Apple MiniPod compatible with Windows ME?

Take a look at the apple web site.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take a look at the apple web site.
    I don't know if you're trying to be cheeky, but that's the first place I checked. It doesn't mention Win ME either way, so I thought I'd asked the people that could best answer my query; the users.

Thanks Telly_Man, what about the search function? And no OpiumDe1er, it doesn't say on the Apple Website!
  • LemonadeLemonade Posts: 4,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it should be compatible with Win Me.
  • TheCableGuyTheCableGuy Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    Regarding the search:
    Do you mean type in a word and it will find it? If so then no, this is not how the iPod family works. If all of your music is well tagged (ID3 tags for MP3) then iTunes will take these details (such as Artist, Title, Album, Year, Composer) and will allow you to browse on the ipod/mini using these variables.
  • squawkBOXsquawkBOX Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that the iPod is able to run on WinME but the main problem is the software. Apple's iPod software will only run on Win2000 and Windows XP. However that doesn't mean that you can't use any form of iPod on WinME, as you can use other programs to transfer music.

www.iPodlounge.com is the site that you should look over, as it has listings of software that can be run on WinME.

There is a program that run alongside WinAmp (free) and there is another called XPlay ($30). I think XPlay is generally the one that is seen to be the best but at a cost...

There are others, just browse that site.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you use iPod while they're charging from an AC outlet? I think you can when you charge via the PC.
  • DingerDinger Posts: 2,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the apple ipod mini is NOT compatable with windows me, the minimum is windows 2000 with service pack 4 installed.

Dinger :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    Can anyone tell me please which, if any of the older generation ipods are compatible with Windows ME? I'm sure I read somewhere that 3rd generation ones were.
    thanks very much
  • AbitAbit Posts: 3,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do your best to upgrade to XP as ME is a horrible operating system with alot of bugs.
  • dslrocksdslrocks Posts: 7,207
    Forum Member
    Abit wrote:
    Do your best to upgrade to XP as ME is a horrible operating system with alot of bugs.

I'd recommend Windows 2000 SP4 instead - much more stabler I find and a little less 'nannying' than XP.

If you like to be reminded every 5 minutes that your disk is low on space even though you have quite a bit free, then do upgrade to XP. But I promise you, it will drive you round the bend, because it certainly did with me!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Remember that you'll also need iTunes 4 (or above), which only runs on Windows XP and 2000.