Your All Time Ranking of Contestants 2012 [Results Thread]

Comments

• spindiddlyspindiddly Posts: 4,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First of my top 20 gone with Nicholas who was my #19. :)
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,499
    Forum Member
    73 [65] = Ray Quinn (Series 3) = 2949pts
    Ranking History (13-22-29-35-45-65-73)
    Ranking Performance (+0.32%)

Ray stands still in the rankings and due to staying put means he is no longer the lowest ranked 16-24 of Series 3. Ray was a bit of a marmite character and never really stood a big chance going into the final against the favoured Leona. Considering that though he did manage to secure 40% of the final vote. Since leaving the comp he has appeared on and won Dancing on Ice and is now appearing on stage.
  • marsha_Cutiepiemarsha_Cutiepie Posts: 9,721
    Forum Member
    Only need Ray, Austin, Cher and James to get rid of my bottom 24!

19/20 of my top 20 still left minus Nicholas too!
    Forum Member
    72 [66] = Lloyd Daniels (Series 6) = 3078pts
    Ranking History (X-X-X-36-50-66-72)
    Ranking Performance (+2.19%)

After a tumble last year, Lloyd takes a slight climb up the rankings. He survived 2 sing offs and managed to get to the top 5 of Series 6 before being eliminated. Personally I didn’t mind Lloyd and really got chosen some awful songs to sing which weren't really in his range at all. He released an EP last year called , which didn’t chart – however I guess shows that there is life after the XF.
    Forum Member
    71 [NE] = District 3 (Series 9) = 3113pts
    Ranking History (X-X-X-X-X-X-71)
    Ranking Performance (N/A)

Next up is the 3rd New Entry and the second of the groups to make an appearance. District 3 lose out in the boyband stakes as in the main show. They managed to last until the final 7 in the last series before both boybands found themselves bottom 2 and Nicole and Gary knew what needed to be done. I think District 3 were slightly screwed with a couple of their song choices particularly Dynamite, however IMO in the sing off UJ were better. Anyway they debut just below the mid point of the rankings.
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tragedy to see Diva Fever so low. :(

Also, so much for Wagner being this guy who y'all worship. Thank god he flopped.

Cher/Rylan ftw.
    Forum Member
    70 [NE] = Kye Sones (Series 9) = 3135pts
    Ranking History (X-X-X-X-X-X-70)

Following on from District 3 is another new entry and the next of the Overs to make an appearance; Kye. Kye was a bit of an odd one for me, I thought he was a lock on for the final in a Steve Brookstein vein, however found himself bottom 2 in week 3 and was eventually eliminated in the final 8 against Rylan. Kye did give a couple of good performances before going down the karaoke route with Let Me Entertain You and You Get What You Give.
    Forum Member
    69 [42] = 2Shoes (Series 8) = 3194pts
    Ranking History (X-X-X-X-X-42-69)
    Ranking Performance (-18.94)

Next up are one of the Week 1 culled acts from Series 8; 2Shoes They were the only group to make the lives who weren’t put together by Tulisa, however they gave a bit of a ropey performance of Something Kinda Oooh and were subsequently eliminated from the show. 2Shoes got some very high rankings however unlike last year there just wasn't enough to really make an impact. They take the second biggest fall year on year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D3 lose out to UJ. Outrage!
  • RodRuby93RodRuby93 Posts: 1,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to see Ray, Lloyd, the demonic rap duo MK1, and the odious District 3 within the subordinate pack. Hopefully Cher Lloyd will ensue them swiftly.
  • Dreammaster695Dreammaster695 Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no one that good has been eliminated yet, i wish i could change my rankings though i dont know what i was thinking when i wrote them :P
    Forum Member
    Sorry - Internet connection went... will post some more now + then the rest tomorrow :)
    Forum Member
    68 [64] = John Adeleye (Series 7) = 3195pts
    Ranking History (X-X-X-X-43-64-68)
    Ranking Performance (+3.72%)

After a big hit last year, John takes a climb up the rankings. IMO John got a bit of a rough deal on the show – not featuring until judges houses then being given a couple of duff song choices by Louis. I think he was quite lucky to survive until week 3 to be honest. I thought John came across well and seemed like a nice bloke – however Series 7 was all about being media hungry and sadly John got ate up in all that and was seen as cannon fodder.
    Forum Member
    67 [54] = Danyl Johnson (Series 6) = 3259pts
    Ranking History (X-X-X-29-33-54-67)
    Ranking Performance (-5.30%)

Last Year Danyl took a big fall and the slide down the rankings continues this year as he falls again. For a 4th consecutive year, Danyl is the lowest ranked Over 25 from Series 6 (with both Jamie and Olly ahead of him). He had quite a tough time on the show and faced quite a lot of personal criticism – however he managed to stay in the competition for a long time, just missing out on a place in the final behind Joe, Stacey and Olly.

Lowest Ranked Over 25 of Series 6
    Forum Member
    66 [61] = Robert Allen (Series 3) = 3284pts
    Ranking History (03-13-25-27-54-61-66)
    Ranking Performance (+2.50%)

After the big fall two years ago, Robert continues to climb slightly (as last year), however again is a far cry from the top 3 finishing back when this first began. Robert gave some great performances throughout his time on the show however was bottom 2 every other week and was eliminated from the competition against Eton Road in the final 5 and finished 2nd in the Overs for that year behind Ben.
    Forum Member
    65 [47] = Dionne Mitchell (Series 3) = 3291pts
    Ranking History (10-19-26-32-51-47-65)
    Ranking Performance (-10.47%)

After last years big climb, Dionne takes a tumble in the rankings and out of the top 50. There is no denying that Dionne had a good voice, however everything she did didn’t really seem to work for her – outside of DS she didn’t seem that popular and once it came to the double elimination, Dionne had the least votes and swiftly exited the competition – not even getting to be able to be saved by the judges.
    Forum Member
    64 [45] = Johnny Robinson (Series 8) = 3294pts
    Ranking History (X-X-X-X-X-45-64)
    Ranking Performance (-11.58%)

Johnny continues our run of Overs on the rankings and after his debut in the top 50 last year, Johnny takes a big fall in the rankings (as alot of Series 8 seem to have done this year). I really liked Johnny and it was a shame that Louis was trying to turn him into so much of a joke act as he could actually sing very well. He was eliminated in the double elimination alongside the Risk after a sing off against Kitty.
    Forum Member
    63 [59] = Journey South (Series 2) = 3310pts
    Ranking History (08-07-22-33-36-59-63)
    Ranking Performance (+3.16%)

Journey South took a huge hit last year and this year manage to make a slight recovery. They remain as the highest ranked Group from Series 2 and this is the first category to be completed on the rankings this year and this category are now all out. Journey South are in fact an act which I personally couldn’t see the appeal off and I found them slightly dreary, however they managed to achieve a top 3 finishing and released a couple of albums post XF.

Highest Ranked Group of Series 2
    Forum Member
    62 [58] = Voices with Soul (Series 1) = 3312pts
    Ranking History (14-20-35-42-49-58-62)
    Ranking Performance (+3.04%)

Taking a climb up the rankings is Series 1 Group; Voices with Soul. They've finished in 2nd place in front of 2 to Go and behind G4 every year of the rankings (same as on the show). They put in some great performances on the show including Lady Marmalade, however nothing they did seemed to work in terms of popularity. After appearing for the 3rd time in the bottom 2 they were eliminated against eventual runner ups G4.
    Forum Member
    61 [NE] = Lucy Spraggan (Series 9) = 3321pts
    Ranking History (X-X-X-X-X-X-61)

Debuting just outside the top 60 is the first of the 16-27 Females from Series 9 and the third and final act to withdraw from the competition. Lucy is a bit of a marmite act and received a number of top 10 rankings, she also received quite a fair number of bottom 10 rankings. The result is she appears in the middle section of the rankings this year. Lucy performed her own songs throughout the show and her exit on the show was a bit of a mystery as no one really gave the real reason as to why she withdrew. As it was by the 4th week Tulisa was down to 1 act.

Lowest Ranked 16-27 Female of Series 9
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely loathed Danyl.

Another one of my top 20 gone with Journey South.
    Forum Member
    60 [49] = Craig Colton (Series 8) = 3329pts
    Ranking History (X-X-X-X-X-49-60)
    Ranking Performance (-4.11%)

Taking a dive in the rankings is the 3rd Highest ranked 16-24 Male of Series 8' Craig. . I thought Craig put in some good performances; however a lot of them were a bit samey. In the end Craig lasted until the final 6; however lost out in a deadlock vote against Amelia Lily. I was surprised last year that Craig ranked so highly and again am surprised he managed to maintain his position this year as he usually gets labelled with the boring tag; however he must have a quiet support group out there.
    Forum Member
    59 [NE] = Rylan Clark (Series 9) = 3419pts
    Ranking History (X-X-X-X-X-X-59)

Next Up is the first of the Boys from this Series; Rylan, who manages to debut inside the top 60. Rylan is the definition of a maramite act; he received huge support and also a whole load of bottom rankings. He last until the final 5 before losing out to Union J in the sing off. In the last few votes Rylan really leaped up the rankings and before was down with Kye and District 3. Despite some good placings, he does end up as the lowest ranked 16-27 Male of Series 9 and the lowest Ranked Nicole Scherzinger Act.

Lowest Ranked 16-27 Male of Series 9
    Lowest Ranked Nicole Scherzinger Act
    Forum Member
    58 [53] = Beverley Trotman (Series 4) = 3423pts
    Ranking History (X-16-17-37-44-53-58)
    Ranking Performance (+1.60%)

Beverley takes a slight climb in the rankings, however remains outside the top 50 for a second consecutive year. Beverley had quite a good voice, however never seemed really popular with the voting audience. Beverley was in the sob-story obsessed Series 4 where she was eliminated after the first deadlock vote of the judges against Hope. Sharon had criticised Hope, yet decided to take it to deadlock by eliminating Beverley – I think she probably thought Hope were bottom, however The Trots was booted instead.
    Forum Member
    And with Beverley, that's exactly the halfway spot of the 2012 rankings; tomorrow I'll reveal the top half and which act has reigned supreme this year :)

Acts Still in the Running....

One
    G4
    Tabby Callaghan
    Rowetta Satchell
    Cassie Compton

Two
    Shayne Ward
    Andy Abraham
    Brenda Edwards
    Maria Lawson

Three