XF: UK vs US Series 1: Live Show #6

Comments

• yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,527
    Forum Member
    You know what I mean. :p

I'm looking forward to both of their next performances. :)

Ha - I can see them being criticised by Judges Grim... like everything else this evening that hasn't been in their category
  • jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naruto's comment
    I quite enjoyed that performance Paige. It was a perfect suit and i enjoyed it. For me this has been my favourite performance from you. Although, it was predictable i thought you did good.

Pingu's comment
    Paige you really brought it tonight. It was quite upbeat and you showed off your amazing vocals, and I just could not take my eyes off you. After tonight I could really see you winning this competition!!
    Forum Member
    Paige Thomas
    Paige I think that song choice and arrangement was a lot better than your first performance; you've always got such a great tone and always give a good vocal to your performances. However whilst both performances were solid from you tonight, I feel we haven't had a WOW moment from you. Having said that you have a fantastic voice and you are a great vocalist, I just don't want you to get lost in the voting tonight. I hope you come back next show fighting with a song whereby you can set this competition alight once more.
  • ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paige, that was absolutely brilliant. You have produced two contrasting performances this evening and that song suited you down to a tee. I wanted to see this fierceness come out from you this week and you have truly delivered tonight. The vocals were strong and you rocked that stage! Lastly, it wouldn't be a performance of yours without Naruto saying it was predictable. If I gave you Black Sabbath, he'd say it was predictible (just kidding) :p
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    didn't realize we were back. give me a min to type my comment
    Forum Member
    Jack - I'km going to have to go...

Will PM you my comments + Vote

Wont be back until 9 (sorry)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked that performance, I didn't love it and I cant really put my finger on the actual reason, I guess it just wasn't special for some reason, if you know what I mean. Nevertheless, I think you hit the notes comfortably and confidently, you are like a completely different person when you get on that stage. wish you luck tonight
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry about that folks. Back for good now. Onto our next act, it's Union J!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fomvApObpkM
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David's comment
    I think that was a brave song choice for you to be honest; not only because it is such a big song by Leona Lewis, but because you’ve performed it on the actual live show. As such I can’t really help but feel it was a slightly odd song choice. It would be good to see you come out and do something that we haven’t seen you do before.
    The arrangement was also exceedingly dull, I don't see how Pingu can comment about Adam's, Diamond's and Carolynne's performances being dull when this one just didn't go anywhere at all. I think your first performance was definitely better than this performance and hopefully people will focus more on that than this performance. Jaymi; the vocals were fantastic as ever, however I wanted you to come out and surprise me, however there wasn’t a surprise as you’ve done it before.

Naruto's comment
    It did not work for me guys. You have sung this song before on the real show so singing it now was a safe, predictable choice. The fact you have sung it before is a big no no in my eyes. Apart from that, i did not like it i am afraid. It was quite dull at times with average vocals. Overall, i think you might be in trouble tonight guys.

Pingu's comment
    Union J that was simply AMZING!! Tonight you have showed two completely different sides to you. An upbeat and fun song, and then the slower song. With these performances I really hope the public saves you, because you really deserve to be here next week!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erm? Very very lazy song choice from your mentor this week. He surely can't have forgotten that you already performed this on the real X Factor? Union J, I was very dissapointed with this performance as the vocals were quite weak, and it was a step down from your previous performance. You can work as a group but tonight hasn't been your best. Also, picking a song you have already sang on the real show isn't the best thing to do I'm afraid. It was safe, dull and predictable. I wish you good luck in the voting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought your first performance was great, but that one was average at best when it comes to the vocal suiting you. Boyce avenue have a sorta baritone type of voice, and your are quite high and I've come across a few group arrangements that suited this theme, and although that was Boyce Avenue, I did not hear one harmony which I'm quite disappointed about if I'm honest. Your first song, great.. this one, not so sure
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A generally poor response for Union J's second song. To keep them safe, make sure you vote for them when the lines are open.

The next act is from the Overs, it's Carolynne Poole performing her version of a Diana Vickers song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03gGVpkBFOg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David's comment
    Another brilliant performance from you tonight and that's what's good about having two songs; being able to show off different sides to you as an artist. I think you've given us two fantastic performances this evening and you simply have to be through to the next round. You always give such beautiful and heartfelt interpretations of the songs and you have been Miss Consistent throughout this entire show. Everyone please Vote Carolynne tonight + help her through to the next show.

Naruto's comment
    I loved your earlier performance but on that one i am not convinced. Yes it was nice to see you doing uptempo but it just was not you and it didn't feel like you at all. I thought the song choice could have been better to be honest.

Pingu's comment
    Carolynne, I said to you that you really needed to bring it back for the second song. Did you??? Yes you completely did, I thought the vocals were incredible and it was livlier than your last song. I still don`t think you are safe because of your 1st song, but I hope you are safe because I want to see more from you!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that was a colourful performance babe and you totally delivered! It was fun and upbeat, the song is stuck in my head now that's how catchy it was and im quite impressed to be honest
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carolynne, I'm not completely over won by this performance but it was reasonably good. It was great to see you do something more uptemp but I don't feel the tone of your voice was that suited to the style of Diana Vickers. However, you sang it nicely and it was a very sweet performance. Good luck this evening.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A fantastic song from Carolynne Poole, but with some contrasting opinions. However, that doesn't mean that she's safe so make sure you vote for her when the lines open very soon.

Next, it's the second of the Boys & Young Adults, it's Adam Burridge with UK X Factor Series 2 winner Shayne Ward's Foolish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7lkHtnBsAY
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David's comment
    Wasn't expecting that from you this evening and certainly a departure from what you've done before, it also completely contrasts your first performance. I actually think you've been the best act overall from your category and one of the absolute strongest of the evening. Connor picked 2 songs which weren't in your comfort zone, however they both completely worked for you and I think after those performances we will definately be seeing you back next show. Excellent Stuff, well done to you and to Connor.

Naruto's comment
    I thought it was a solid performance from you Adam. I was not totally convinced by the song choice as it did not suit you, but i thought it was a ok performance. At times, it was a bit dull but your vocals were good. Overall, it was not my favourite performance from you.

Pingu's comment
    ADAM, that is what I have been looking for. It was INCREDIBLE!! The chorus is what really did it for me. I thought it was the best performance you have ever given in this competition, and I really hope if you stay till next week, you give more performances like that!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, I owe you an apology cause Im so guilty of underrating you as an artist in this competition. your two performances have really raised a bar from what I've seen you do before. I wasn't sure about the key in which you sang the song., but I think you did it fantastically tonight!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where did that come from? That was completely different from anything you have done before and it was incredible. You nailed the vocals and that was another strong performance. Adam, you have had two strong performances this evening and make me very proud to be your mentor. I took you out your comfort zone this evening and I hope it pays off. I really hope the public save you tonight. Great job mate.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great feedback for Adam there but he still needs your votes if he's going to be back for the next show.

Into our last few performances now, it's Diamond White with a Leona Lewis classic, Happy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZSCjhkmwGc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David's comment
    I'm going to be completely honest with you Diamond, I think that song was too similar to your first song/ performance and was a poor song choice for you. Two songs should give you the opportunity to show us what you're made of, however tonight we got 2 songs which were pretty similar. You sung both well and your vocals cannot be faulted, however I just wanted more out of you and because you went bottom 2 last time I expected you to come out fighting more. It was good, but too similar to your first performance to me and I think with only 1 act Naruto would've done more to try and make you stand out in this competition.

Naruto's comment
    You are a powerhouse and i wanted to show that with this song. The song choice was great and you delivered to the maximum. Everytime you step on the stage, you give 110% and you deserve to be here. I think you have a lot more to give so please vote for Diamond!

Pingu's comment
    Diamond, I said you had to bring it back for the 2nd song, and I don`t think you did. Even though the vocals were good, I really wanted to be wowed, but you really did not wow me. I think you are definitely going to be in the bottom this week Diamond!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diamond, I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with David there that the two song choices are too similar. Tonight was the opportunity for you to show some versatatily within your two performances and that just didn't happen this evening. Both were quite predictable and very both quite limp. Seeing that you were in the Bottom 2 last week, I'm dissapointed with tonight's performances as they have haven't been that good. I think you could be in trouble tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diamond, I love you okay? and I like that song and you sounded amazing singing it. To be constructive, I think you need to get the right balance between mature songs and fun songs because you're only 13, not 30.. and I just feel that 'young' factor is missing from you. I don't know if your taking this too seriously or what, I want to see a different, energetic and charismatic side that I think suits your personality
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like Diamond is going to be in trouble tonight! If you don't want this to be the case make sure you vote for her once the lines are open!

Our penultimate act this evening is Jahmene Douglas, back with Rebecca Ferguson's Teach Me How To Be Loved

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8UWa_I8vX0
    [Note: Imagine this in Jahméne’s voice and tone]
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David's comment
    That song and arrangement was so much better than the first performance and I was wanting you to give more. I was expecting you to build the power and strength of the song to give a big ending and it didn't happen. However that minor disappointment aside I think it was a brilliant performance, in your comfort zone but putting that Jahmene spin on it. I actually think you've been the most experimental in your category in terms of song choices and styles and whilst a couple didn't work I thought that was a brilliant performance and expect it to see you through to next show.

Naruto's comment
    I didn't like it as much as your previous performance but it was still a good performance. You are all about the vocals and it is amazing when you do sing as you emotionally connect. I think yiu have had a great night tonight.

Pingu's comment
    Jahmene I could just listen to your voice all day. That wa just beautiful. The vocals were beautiful, the staging was beautiful. I just loved everything about it, and guess what?? You are not in trouble tonight!!