Lana Del Rey - So Legit (Lady Gaga Diss)

Comments

• WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess by the timing of this leaking the Lana collab with Gaga recorded in 2012 "Princess Die" has been ditched from ARTPOP.

A very, very strange thing to do to leak this; as it will harm Lana's reputation a hell of a lot more than it hurts Gaga's.

Still this will be a storm in a teacup compared to the imminent Azealia Banks diss after being ditched from "Ratchet".

I doubt it will effect Lana at all to be honest. Most 'little monsters' wont appreciate good lyrical music.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess by the timing of this leaking the Lana collab with Gaga recorded in 2012 "Princess Die" has been ditched from ARTPOP.

A very, very strange thing to do to leak this; as it will harm Lana's reputation a hell of a lot more than it hurts Gaga's.

Still this will be a storm in a teacup compared to the imminent Azealia Banks diss after being ditched from "Ratchet".

How exactly will it harm Lana?

You sound like one of those Little Monsters who would post hate under Lana articles because of this. Fact is no one outside of Lil Monster world gives a toss.

Plenty people within the industry slagged off Gaga.

Plenty of other pop stars diss other artists.
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Azealia Banks diss after being ditched from "Ratchet".

hahaha really? :D
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member

You sound like one of those Little Monsters who would post hate under Lana articles because of this. Fact is no one outside of Lil Monster world gives a toss.

Yeah. It'd be different if Lana slagged off Taylor
    Swift- she'd have to go into hiding from all those
    aggressive fans. ;)
  • maninthequeuemaninthequeue Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How incredibly naive. You don't bite the hand that feeds. What do you think would happen if James Arthur came out and slagged off Simon Cowell & X-Factor?

A lot of "Little Monsters" pressed for Lana and bought her album after she got slaughtered for her Stateside near career wrecking SNL debacle as Lady Gaga was one of the artists who came out and publicly supported her and praised her album in that aftermath.

http://s6.favim.com/orig/65/lady-gaga-fashion-lana-del-rey-terry-richardson-Favim.com-605986.jpg

Just ask Lily Allen what happened to her website in her early outspoken days after she said Mark Chapman killed the wrong Beatle when harshly criticising Paul McCartney.

More pertinently just ask Keri Hilson where her career went after she dissed Beyonce.

The backlash has begun:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BP0fcs9CcAAS5pi.png

Lana has lost 50K twitter followers in 24 hours.

And you don't think this will do Lana's career any harm. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How incredibly naive. You don't bite the hand that feeds. What do you think would happen if James Arthur came out and slagged off Simon Cowell & X-Factor?

A lot of "Little Monsters" pressed for Lana and bought her album after she got slaughtered for her Stateside near career wrecking SNL debacle as Lady Gaga was one of the artists who came out and publicly supported her and praised her album in that aftermath.

http://s6.favim.com/orig/65/lady-gaga-fashion-lana-del-rey-terry-richardson-Favim.com-605986.jpg

Just ask Lily Allen what happened to her website in her early outspoken days after she said Mark Chapman killed the wrong Beatle when harshly criticising Paul McCartney.

More pertinently just ask Keri Hilson where her career went after she dissed Beyonce.

The backlash has begun:

LOL

This will cause Lana's career zero harm as her next album sales will prove. For a start they are aimed at two very different sets of music markets.

We can discuss this then.

:cool:
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member

And you don't think this will do Lana's career
    any harm. :(

2,450,730 followers to go then....:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha ^^^

and as for Keri Hilson. She was never going to make it. She never had what it takes.

And Lilly Allen seriously? she is massive success story.

If you were going to use examples you should have chose better.

Lana isn't exactly in the league of Azealia Banks and anyone saying otherwise is deluded.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The backlash has begun:

Lol, Liam Gallagher is the greatest nitwit that happens to be in the music scene, but if a song like Wonderwall comes a long it doesn't matter.
  • maninthequeuemaninthequeue Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha ^^^

and as for Keri Hilson. She was never going to make it. She never had what it takes.

And Lilly Allen seriously? she is massive success story.

If you were going to use examples you should have chose better.

Lana isn't exactly in the league of Azealia Banks and anyone saying otherwise is deluded.

You are either being dense or are a WUM.

In history popular music has always had a large degree of tribalism about it since the days of Mozart and Salieri; and Beethoven and Haydn.

Fans of one act who like another will end up refusing to support the act they like the least if that act has dissed their favourite act. That has especially happened in popular music.

Using the example of my favourite act of all time (David Bowie) the rivalry between former roomates Mark Feld (Marc Bolan) & David Jones (David Bowie) led to a rather public slanging match between them (although Bowie was typically more pretentious and oblique and easily won the battle) as he had the better tunes; imagery and constantly upgraded his music. Yet Bowie was also ridiculed by Elvis Presley in his Las Vegas concerts; Paul McCartney who regarded him as all gimmicks and lacking in substance; and most viciously by Frank Sinatra who mocked his Life On Mars song on a number of occasions and referred to him as "that alien Limey ****".

Later on when he had earned his stripes he was naively attacked by "Teenage Wildlife" by the likes of Gary Numan & Adam Ant. Something the likes of Bowie fans Boy George (Culture Club); Duran Duran; Spandau Ballet; Robert Smith (The Cure); etc. As whenever Bowie was asked what he thought of acts he praised the acts that had praised him and he trashed the acts that had disliked him. Funnily enough he has always treated Bowie fan Madonna the way Madonna treats Lady Gaga but that's another story...

The point is even though David Bowie's career is 30/40 years past its peak there are still Bowie fans who dislike the same acts who have fallen foul of Bowie's wrath. After all 40 years ago Bowie had his "Spiders"; just as Gaga has her scary "Monsters".

And many Bowie fans are protective of Gaga because she was (pre fame; and pre Fame) an (annoying) regular on a well known Bowie fansite for a few years and admire the way she has clearly been inspired by the master Chameleon, Corinthian & Caricature to simulate a successful career in music..

As for Lana not being in the same league as Azealia Banks..... I agree, at least Azealia Banks is great live (even if her PR skills are atrocious bordering on career suicidal); and if I wanted to listen to a Nancy Sinatra meets Nico tribute act then I'd rather listen to the likes of "Summer Wine"; "Sugar Town"; "You Only Live Twice"; "Some Velvet Morning"; "Jackson"; "How Does That Grab You, Darlin'?"; "These Boots Are Made For Walking" ... and "Femme Fatale"; "These Days"; "Frozen Warnings"; "All Tomorrow's Parties", "Chelsea Girls"; "I'll Be Your Mirror"; "Camera Obscura"; "Lawns of Dawns"; "Mütterlein" than the former Lizzy Grant's output.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL

This will cause Lana's career zero harm as her next album sales will prove. For a start they are aimed at two very different sets of music markets.

We can discuss this then.

:cool:

I actually think looking at various forums there does seem to be a decent amount of people who are fans of both Lana and Gaga. I do agree that it won't do any damage to Lana's career though. You'll likely get some stans from both artists posting bitchy comments on each artists videos and then after a couple of weeks they'll likely forget about it and move on. Since like you said I doubt many people really care.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In history popular music has always had a large degree of tribalism about it since the days of Mozart and Salieri; and Beethoven and Haydn.

Fans of one act who like another will end up refusing to support the act they like the least if that act has dissed their favourite act. That has especially happened in popular music.

Using the example of my favourite act of all time (David Bowie) the rivalry between former roomates Mark Feld (Marc Bolan) & David Jones (David Bowie) led to a rather public slanging match between them (although Bowie was typically more pretentious and oblique and easily won the battle) as he had the better tunes; imagery and constantly upgraded his music. Yet Bowie was also ridiculed by Elvis Presley in his Las Vegas concerts; Paul McCartney who regarded him as all gimmicks and lacking in substance; and most viciously by Frank Sinatra who mocked his Life On Mars song on a number of occasions and referred to him as "that alien Limey ****".

Later on when he had earned his stripes he was naively attacked by "Teenage Wildlife" by the likes of Gary Numan & Adam Ant. Something the likes of Bowie fans Boy George (Culture Club); Duran Duran; Spandau Ballet; Robert Smith (The Cure); etc. As whenever Bowie was asked what he thought of acts he praised the acts that had praised him and he trashed the acts that had disliked him. Funnily enough he has always treated Bowie fan Madonna the way Madonna treats Lady Gaga but that's another story...

The point is even though David Bowie's career is 30/40 years past its peak there are still Bowie fans who dislike the same acts who have fallen foul of Bowie's wrath. After all 40 years ago Bowie had his "Spiders"; just as Gaga has her scary "Monsters".

And many Bowie fans are protective of Gaga because she was (pre fame; and pre Fame) an (annoying) regular on a well known Bowie fansite for a few years and admire the way she has clearly been inspired by the master Chameleon, Corinthian & Caricature to simulate a successful career in music..

As for Lana not being in the same league as Azealia Banks..... I agree, at least Azealia Banks is great live (even if her PR skills are atrocious bordering on career suicidal); and if I wanted to listen to a Nancy Sinatra meets Nico tribute act then I'd rather listen to the likes of "Summer Wine"; "Sugar Town"; "You Only Live Twice"; "Some Velvet Morning"; "Jackson"; "How Does That Grab You, Darlin'?"; "These Boots Are Made For Walking" ... and "Femme Fatale"; "These Days"; "Frozen Warnings"; "All Tomorrow's Parties", "Chelsea Girls"; "I'll Be Your Mirror"; "Camera Obscura"; "Lawns of Dawns"; "Mütterlein" than the former Lizzy Grant's output.

Mütterlein

Is a good one :p
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or2I0QEQnzs

Edit
    "tribalism about it since the days of Mozart and Salieri"

That was a fabrication from Alexander Pushkin ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

LOL I'm being dense you say!

Ok that along with the rest of your post confirms it. You're a little monster who obviously has a problem with Lana prior to this song .

This will not harm Lana at all. You're just hoping it will because you are one of these fans who believes any artist who says a negative word against Gaga isn't allowed to have a career!

Come back to me in six months and we will see how exactly this harmed Lana.... :cool:;)

And Bowie fans and Gaga?? I must have missed that as on his main forum they don't like her. That's another discussion though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DJames99 wrote: »
    I actually think looking at various forums there does seem to be a decent amount of people who are fans of both Lana and Gaga. I do agree that it won't do any damage to Lana's career though. You'll likely get some stans from both artists posting bitchy comments on each artists videos and then after a couple of weeks they'll likely forget about it and move on. Since like you said I doubt many people really care.

Yep

No one cares except as I said. Little Monsters who believe anyone who criticises Gaga isn't allowed to have a career!
    madness.
    rbautz wrote: »
    Lol, Liam Gallagher is the greatest nitwit that happens to be in the music scene, but if a song like Wonderwall comes a long it doesn't matter.

Not to mention The Wanted guys who have slated just about everyone, including 1D, since the start of their career yet still manage to have hits. However to diss Gaga is totally off limits!! lol
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    DJames99 wrote: »

^^This. Cut through all the drama and got to the correct conclusion. :)

PS I would put money on the vast majority of those 50,000 Little Monsters who immediately stopped following Lana were part of the 32 million of Gaga twitter followers who don't seem to buy owt put out by their 'idol' anyway :p
    Forum Member
    2,450,730 followers to go then....:D

2,455,045 now :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    ^^This. Cut through all the drama and got to the correct conclusion. :)

PS I would put money on the vast majority of those 50,000 Little Monsters who immediately stopped following Lana were part of the 32 million of Gaga twitter followers who don't seem to buy owt put out by their 'idol' anyway :p

:D:D :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lana's career will be just fine. Katy Perry "dissed" Lady Gaga back in 2010 and it did her career no harm at all.

Besides, if anyone decides to stop buying her music just because she expressed an (old) opinion on another artist it just shows their immaturity.
  • my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    people always say this nonsense about some comment an artist makes about another artist ruining their careers, i think the most recent was Jake Bugg after he criticised 1D. I think his album subsequently plummeted back UP the charts and hasn't budged since.

It's actually important to criticise artists you're contemporary with, it helps define you in opposition and it makes you less bland.

That said it would be nice if Lana's and Gaga's careers both went down the pan...bloody useless the pair of em;)
    Forum Member
    konebyvax wrote: »
    2,455,045 now :D

:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    people always say this nonsense about some comment an artist makes about another artist ruining their careers, i think the most recent was Jake Bugg after he criticised 1D. I think his album subsequently plummeted back UP the charts and hasn't budged since.

It's actually important to criticise artists you're contemporary with, it helps define you in opposition and it makes you less bland.

That said it would be nice if Lana's and Gaga's careers both went down the pan...bloody useless the pair of em;)

I agree. Its natural for artists to say things about other singers and its refreshing when its not always positive ''we love each other'' bollox which just makes you want to be sick as you know in most cases they are lying just to look good.

Some artists cross the line like The Wanted or Azealia but there is nothing wrong with this Lana diss as she is clearly addressing a real situation that occurred between the two of them. So its not an off the cut attack. It has foundation and gives her more character for being honest and real. Its not like Lana goes around slating everyone and everything.

Plus Lana isn't the one taking out court gagging orders to stop career damaging secrets coming out.
    Forum Member
    Invisipost....
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    mmeister2 wrote: »
    Lana's career will be just fine. Katy Perry "dissed" Lady Gaga back in 2010 and it did her career no harm at all.

Besides, if anyone decides to stop buying her music just because she expressed an (old) opinion on another artist it just shows their immaturity.

I wouuld say it shows immaturity on the person 'dissing' someone and the people acting like that's fine.
    Forum Member
    Invisipost...
    Forum Member
    ebony and ivory come together in perfect harmony :(

why can't we be friends why can't we be friends :(