Lana Del Rey - So Legit (Lady Gaga Diss)

13»

Comments

• Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouuld say it shows immaturity on the person 'dissing' someone and the people acting like that's fine.

I would say its even more immature, or perhaps just selfish, to say you are against bullying etc yet allow your fans to send death threats, rape wishes, aids on children and so on, to various people who have criticised you without speaking out and telling them to stop it. Even some cases have your friends eg DJ White Shadow and Perez ( before their falling out ) encourage it. What her peeps did with Christina Aguilera was a ****ing disgrace and mass cyber bullying at its worst. They won't get away with that trick a second time. You can see some of them trying to harm Lana now but its not happening despite their best efforts..

Infact it speaks volumes to me and its one of the things I cannot stand about what Gaga has become. The bulk of the trolls doing that really are monsters. The name is so suitable and there is only so much more people will take of this before the camels back is finally broken. Gaga was seriously lucky last summer that the racist abuse some Lil Monsters were giving Madonna's kids didn't hit the main stream press. This is a scandal just waiting to happen.

So with that in mind a diss track is pretty tame in comparison.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouuld say it shows immaturity on the person 'dissing' someone and the people acting like that's fine.

Not really. For all you know, this song could be more than justified. She obviously had some personal issues with her at the time of writing.

I would say boycotting someone's music because they were mean to your "fave" is far more immature than simply not caring about the personal squabbles between people you don't know.
  • MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think you can hold Gaa responsible for a small section of her fanbase that target others. Every fanbase has one - it's an unfortunate byproduct of the internet these days; people hiding whims computer screens and spouting vile things. Gaga has said things in the past to try and stop them and they've ignored her. And in regards to Perez and DJWS, they're adults. They can do, say what they like - gaga can't control them. Of course it taints her by association - but she's distanced herself from Perez and also Laurieann Gibson who were responsible for some pretty horrible things said and posted. She can't fight every battle all the time, she's just one person. But she's doing what she can with the BTW Foundation, and the born brave bus which continued to visit cities even after her tour was cancelled.
    Anyway my point was that you can't hold people responsible for other people's actions. Lana chose to write that song, she felt she should and she did. End of. I'm not up in arms about it - if that's what she wants to do then so be it! Anyway, I thought Gaga liked Lana - wasn't there a pic of then together that she posted? I'm sure Gaga's no angel and I'm not saying she is but I don't think this needs to be made into a big deal!
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would say its even more immature, or perhaps just selfish, to say you are against bullying etc yet allow your fans to send death threats, rape wishes, aids on children and so on, to various people who have criticised you without speaking out and telling them to stop it. Even some cases have your friends eg DJ White Shadow and Perez ( before their falling out ) encourage it. What her peeps did with Christina Aguilera was a ****ing disgrace and mass cyber bullying at its worst. They won't get away with that trick a second time. You can see some of them trying to harm Lana now but its not happening despite their best efforts..

Infact it speaks volumes to me and its one of the things I cannot stand about what Gaga has become. The bulk of the trolls doing that really are monsters. The name is so suitable and there is only so much more people will take of this before the camels back is finally broken. Gaga was seriously lucky last summer that the racist abuse some Lil Monsters were giving Madonna's kids didn't hit the main stream press. This is a scandal just waiting to happen.

i wouldn't say immature or selfish best describes these scenarios. perhaps words like hypocritical or contradictory better suits these apparent double standards. i know she has urged her fans on some occasions to mend their ways, but she still uses public platforms to address criticisms and i am sure she is aware that such comments only fuels more negativity from the less balanced members of her fanbase.

she also does seem to keep pretty rotten company at times. while it is perhaps naive to expect her to have more control over comments made by her friends, it's reasonable to question why she needs such negative influences around her. i do think her attempts at presenting positive messages through her foundation are genuine, but they also seem at odds with her own behaviour at times and the negative company she sometimes keeps.

as for the lana track, its not very good is it?:o some of her leaked demos have been pretty brilliant, but this is dreadful in my opinion. i doubt that the track will kill her career like others have suggested, but the subject matter is rather petty and content is way off par.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am suprised she would do a song like this, but oh well
    I don't dislike Lana, but i don't like dis songs.

I would like Lana to clear this song up in an interview because i find it baffling.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would like Lana to clear this song up in an interview because i find it baffling.

Why has she goes public. she didn't release that song

Has Kanye to explain himself because he joked about Pink in an non public place. Pink thinks not and laughed about it.

All musicians do make jokes about other artists.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A prime time tv public apology should do the trick
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    Plus Lana isn't the one taking out court gagging orders to stop career damaging secrets coming out.

Completely irrelevant.

That makes her neither immature nor selfish.

You know fine well that she has addressed her fans behaviour (whether you think she's spoken out enough is something else) and it's clearly assumption to say that she has her friends encourage it. "Her peeps" cyber bullied (at it's worst?!) Christina Aguilera? Perez and some Gaga stans dragged her, but so did the Britney stans (Christina's all-time biggest haters) and a scattering of everyone when Bionic flopped. Gaga not saying anything does not mean that she cosigned by default.

"You can see them trying to harm Lana now but it's not happening despite their best efforts..."?! Let's not get ridiculous. Stans drag anyone who crosses their fave. It happens EVERY day. There's not a hate campaign against Lana right now. People aren't even really talking about it on ATRL or GGD anymore. They insulted and moved on.

"The bulk of the trolls doing that really are monsters"? No evidence to support this, and people generally do not care enough about popstars to care about how some of her fans act. Folk commenting on DS forums and posts are people of high interest in pop culture, and not GP.

Some of Gaga's stans are vile, but if their actions shock you, I can only imagine what you'd say about the actions of the other artist's crazy stans....but I suppose you neither know or care, because that doesn't fit your agenda.

I swear, only some of you could make Gaga out as the bad guy in a thread about Lana taking the time to create a song to immaturely diss her.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As the saying goes...."there's no smoke without fire". While I'm not condoning her actions, Lana certainly isn't the first to do this, and I doubt she will be the last.
  • SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gaga has new music out soon and is rumoured to be collaborating with some of her "enemies" on some tracks, which will have a "bitchy" vibe.

I therefore think this is a fake feud and marketing ploy (although Lana may well have hated Gaga back when they were Lizzy and Stefani)
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Squatch wrote: »
    Gaga has new music out soon and is rumoured to be collaborating with some of her "enemies" on some tracks, which will have a "bitchy" vibe.

I therefore think this is a fake feud and marketing ploy (although Lana may well have hated Gaga back when they were Lizzy and Stefani)

Hmm. My take on the lyrics - Lana seems to think Gaga
    was a better musician when she was just plain
    Stefani Germanotta, and doesn't like the OTT persona
    she's adopted.

Granted, this is a little rich coming from the former
    Lizzie Grant, but still, it's a valid opinion.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Squatch wrote: »

At last someone else has seen through this nonsense. Congrats. I refer you to post #4 of this thread. ;)
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    I would say its even more immature, or perhaps just selfish, to say you are against bullying etc yet allow your fans to send death threats, rape wishes, aids on children and so on, to various people who have criticised you without speaking out and telling them to stop it. Even some cases have your friends eg DJ White Shadow and Perez ( before their falling out ) encourage it. What her peeps did with Christina Aguilera was a ****ing disgrace and mass cyber bullying at its worst. They won't get away with that trick a second time. You can see some of them trying to harm Lana now but its not happening despite their best efforts.

With the Christina Aguilera situation, probably the most telling thing was that it actually had nothing to do with Lady Gaga. Yet her fans were wanting to take "credit" for her lack of success, and were relishing in their own delusional belief that they caused it. That alone says a lot. They want to take credit for bad things that they didn't even cause.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rbautz wrote: »
    Not real

thanks