Options

How is this working?

timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
Forum Member
✭✭✭
If this appears stupid then I apologise but I don't understand how this is working.

I have Sky, DVD/Stereo, GC and a DC.

My TV only has one scart so I bought a 5 way scart adaptor, not a switcher one though, I need to switch the other bits off so that the specific one I want works without a rolling picture.

My GC is hooked up to the stereo so I can use it an an aux output for sound as my TV sound is pretty crappy.

I was watching Sky today and accidently switched on my stero and it was on aux as I was playing my GC last night and the Sky sound was coming through my stereo?!?!?

The stereo isn't connected to the Sky box directly in any way, only the GC is, so how is the sound coming through my stereo?

I'm not complaining as it is much better than my TV but I'm just puzzled.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by timboy
    If this appears stupid then I apologise but I don't understand how this is working.

I have Sky, DVD/Stereo, GC and a DC.

My TV only has one scart so I bought a 5 way scart adaptor, not a switcher one though, I need to switch the other bits off so that the specific one I want works without a rolling picture.

My GC is hooked up to the stereo so I can use it an an aux output for sound as my TV sound is pretty crappy.

I was watching Sky today and accidently switched on my stero and it was on aux as I was playing my GC last night and the Sky sound was coming through my stereo?!?!?

The stereo isn't connected to the Sky box directly in any way, only the GC is, so how is the sound coming through my stereo?

I'm not complaining as it is much better than my TV but I'm just puzzled.

i think its because all the scarts are in one

e.g it goes to the cube then goes to the stereo

but i aint sure ??

it does seem weird tho
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it must have something to do with the scart but I thought that they would have been one way only?

For this to work the signal is going into the scart block and then into the GC and then into the stereo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by timboy
    I thought it must have something to do with the scart but I thought that they would have been one way only?

For this to work the signal is going into the scart block and then into the GC and then into the stereo.

this is indeed very strange

but if its better for you just let it be :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    SCART is generally two way so it is most likely that the sound is being transmitted via the SCART to the GC and then out to the stereo.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wish that would happen to me!
  • Options
    hogpoghogpog Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what's a GC ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by scottcreaser
    what's a GC ?
    Nintendo Gamecube ;)
  • Options
    hogpoghogpog Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally posted by CrystalAvenger
    Nintendo Gamecube ;)

i feel so.....
  • Options
    dodgygeezadodgygeeza Posts: 6,350
    Forum Member
    Exactly how is your GC connected to your stereo?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by dodgygeeza
    Exactly how is your GC connected to your stereo?

On the scart for the GC there is a small box about half way down the cable with the usual red, white and yellow outputs. I just use normal cable like http://www.richersounds.co.uk/index.php?f=itemdetl.php&p=100708 to connect to the aux input on my stereo.
  • Options
    dodgygeezadodgygeeza Posts: 6,350
    Forum Member
    Ah I see, it's a third party cable. Mine's an official model, but luckily my TV has phono audio outs :)