Options

Insufficient credit left on your viewing card

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
Forum Member
I have ordered a film every few months through a telephone line on my sky+hd box.

I tried to box green zone tonight and for some reason the message of Insufficient credit left on your viewing card.

I do not want to have to ring sky to book it as i will have to pay a quid more which i then think £4.99 a movie will be too much.

Can someone tell me what is wrong and how to fix it?

Comments

• Options
    BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    Lowery8888 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me what is wrong and how to fix it?
    You need to let the STB phone Sky to upload all of the PPV events stored on it - this also resets the balance!

If you have NOT been actively preventing this you may need to phone Sky for them to send an engineer to investigate a phone line fault.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    thankyou for the quick response

Can you give me instructions on how to do that
  • Options
    davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Is the Sky box connected to a phone line? If it is check the connections ( both on the box and telephone socket). Do you have ADSL broadband - if so is the telephone connection from the Sky box plugged into the correct phone socket on the ADSL filter. Until the box calls home your credit limit will not be reset and even then may take a couple of days (sometimes even longer). If it is not connected then get it connected. If it is connected then try an Interactive function such as Sky Active, My Account and Manage my account to view your bill it should go online - if it doesn't then call Sky to get your box checked out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,004
    Forum Member
    How much credit will be on the card and how do we find out?

I ask because we are in dispute with our telephone company over an very large bill and they have put a block on outgoing calls.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    How much credit will be on the card and how do we find out?

I ask because we are in dispute with our telephone company over an very large bill and they have put a block on outgoing calls.

Hi, if theres a block on outgoing calls how can the box call sky?. chris.
  • Options
    jon41jon41 Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The credit limit can differ depending on what package you have and also if you've paid your bills late - typically it's £28.

Can you make freephone calls on your landline or have they totally blocked outgoing?
  • Options
    Mr.BMr.B Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i had a similar issue

my box is connected to a socket and in the menu it said "line connected"

when i tried to do a call back (new box), it failed, i discovered the wall socket was faulty
    so i temporarily plugged it into another socket (which worked) and completed the call back
    this also uploaded all the box office charges i had accrued on the card over the past 18 months (only about £20, i think the limit is/was £50)

also if you have a privacy function (number withheld) on your phone line, you need to enter a prefix in the installers menu
  • Options
    michael37michael37 Posts: 2,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I use BO a fair bit and have this occasionally. It seems that sometimes the box just does not clear the BO bookings off the card.

If you phone Sky and select the box office help option they will send a signal to the box to get it to call back and clear the card. The reason to phone them (rather than trying to do it yourself) is that the box office support folks often give a free movie credit to folks who experience this problem. They will not charge you any extra as you have been having problems booking via the box.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jon41 wrote: »
    The credit limit can differ depending on what package you have and also if you've paid your bills late - typically it's £28.

Can you make freephone calls on your landline or have they totally blocked outgoing?

Totally blocked outgoing calls - can not even call the telephone company to discuss this matter further. Any number we try to use routes us to their automated payment line.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

lol that's priceless!!!!

sorry thought u where the original poster :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi, if theres a block on outgoing calls how can the box call sky?. chris.

It can't; which was why I was asking about the credit limit.
  • Options
    davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It can't; which was why I was asking about the credit limit.

It is totally variable and depends on your previous payment record with Sky, length of time you have had the account and can be anything up to an absolute max of £50.