2»

Comments

• Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    keicar wrote: »
    Mavis?

Not according to IMDB, maybe she is working under her married name?

Maggie Ollrenshaw
  • Options
    keicarkeicar Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was Maggie Ollerenshaw, I'm talking about 'Stephanie' in the episode the OP is talking about, played by Julie Shipley who also appeared with Ray Winstone in That Summer in 1979.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Did anyone else quite fancy the milkwoman, or was that just me?

Wasn't it the georgeous Barbara Flynn? It wasn't just you :)
  • Options
    essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,210
    Forum Member
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Wasn't it the georgeous Barbara Flynn? It wasn't just you :)

yes,it was Barbara
  • Options
    steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was Maggie Ollerenshaw, I'm talking about 'Stephanie' in the episode the OP is talking about, played by Julie Shipley who also appeared with Ray Winstone in That Summer in 1979.

Havent a clue. She was a bit mean in being a bit gullible.
  • Options
    greygrey Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    steven1977 wrote: »
    Id of liked to have seen that work. My idea would of been Granville just inherited everything after Arkright dying and coping with life, deciding whether to run the shop or party with girls.

Just bumping a few years
    Granville is now the owner of the shop
    And I watched the first few minutes of both episodes and was saddened that David Jason was hopeless in the roll
    Granville he was excellent
    Darling buds of May excellent
    Bit of a do excellent
    Frost , magnificent
    Del Boy ,probably the best ever sitcom
    The Royal Bodyguard, the silliest programme ever
    Is he doing it just for the money?
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe it would have been more interesting if Gladys had married Arkwright and inherited the shop and let Granville run it and turned into a tight fisted business woman who wanted it to make money and she kept butting into how Granville and Leeroy ran it.

Would be funny to know it arkwright snuffed it when he finally got into Nurse Gladys' mystical boudoir and his heart couldn't cope with it.
  • Options
    Hyram FyramHyram Fyram Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In Graham McCann's excellent book on the show, he reveals that the little boy in the pilot episode, who was uncredited, was actually Ronnie's son, Adam.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Everyone forgets Granville got his end away in the first episode when he got dragged into the house of the woman who answered the door naked at 87 Lindley Road.

He didn't. If you watch it again, he comes back crestfallen, intimating he'd been too scared to, er, cope with the opportunity.
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In Graham McCann's excellent book on the show, he reveals that the little boy in the pilot episode, who was uncredited, was actually Ronnie's son, Adam.

Pity he turned out to be a pervert. I think that revelation destroyed poor Ronnie at the end of his life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He didn't. If you watch it again, he comes back crestfallen, intimating he'd been too scared to, er, cope with the opportunity.

yes he he says "When it came for me to G-Giggle it a bit I found. I hadn't had enough experience".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    Pity he turned you to be a pervert.

I'll take that as a typo! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll take that as a typo! :D

Yes altered. ;-)
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Barbara Flynn. Sigh. Granville's only true love, the Milkwoman. Don't know whether she's been name checked in SOAH?

I think I saw her in The Beiderbecke Affair before OAH. Wonderful series, and she is *gorgeous*. Great actress too, so as not to appear quite so shallow! But I am.
  • Options
    greygrey Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    Barbara Flynn. Sigh. Granville's only true love, the Milkwoman. Don't know whether she's been name checked in SOAH?

I think I saw her in The Beiderbecke Affair before OAH. Wonderful series, and she is *gorgeous*. Great actress too, so as not to appear quite so shallow! But I am.

You're right she is a fine actress, good looking , very fanciable
    You can also watch her in "A Very Peculiar Practice" on Youtube:D
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grey wrote: »
    You're right she is a fine actress, good looking , very fanciable
    You can also watch her in "A Very Peculiar Practice" on Youtube:D

Great series. Remember it well. Ta for that! And Beiderbecke's on there too! Haven't seen either in years, so that's my weeks viewing sorted. :)

Honestly, if anyone out there hasn't seen The Beiderbecke Affair or AVPP do yourselves a favour. Bolam and Flynn are brilliant together in the former, and the latter is surreal brilliance IMO.
  • Options
    DaveinLeedsDaveinLeeds Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enough of all this Peter Kay stuff, what happened to the lovely Julie Shipley who played Stephanie?

She was in a lot of things late 70's/early 80's but seems to have disappeared from our screens since 1987.
    I've been watching the film "That Summer" featuring Julie Shipley, but know nothing of her whereabouts now.

However, I used to work for the Midland Bank, and a female colleague who lived in Gomersal, West Yorkshire, told me that Julie had become licensee of a pub there called The California.

However, this information isn't probably too much newer than 1987 and the pub shut down a long time ago!

The other "chambermaid" in the film, Emily Moore, according to IMDB, disappeared off our screens before Julie Shipley, as long ago as 1984.