Sony TV now available on TalkTalk Youview

Just noticed while browsing the TalkTalk Player that Sony TV is now available as an internet channel

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Nice to see a new channel hope we get few more in the next months like Nat Geo wild, CI, History, sky Atlantic, Lifetime and CBS be good aswell.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But what are the implications of setting it up? Is it something you will be charged for? I clicked on it, then became worried and switched the TV off before it could complete (I hope).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    barbeler wrote: »
    But what are the implications of setting it up? Is it something you will be charged for? I clicked on it, then became worried and switched the TV off before it could complete (I hope).

This channel is now available as part of the entertainment and entertainment extra boost packages.

More info can be found at this link http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2014/01/sony-entertainment-television-inks-carriage-deal-talktalk/
  • tallguy9tallguy9 Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »

No implications at all. Its just that (as its a new channel) the epg isn't recognizing it as part of your subscription. When the epg asks if you want to set up the channel, say yes and it will open the talktalk player to add it to the epg as part of your current subscription.
    If you aren't subscribed to the correct boost the TalkTalk player tells you what the cost will be and asks for your pin before doing anything else. If you don't want it just exit the player at that stage.
    Either way it will update the list of channels in the subscribed filter in the epg
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks - I'll delete it from the EPG then :D
  • AmaraAmara Posts: 5,376
    Forum Member
    tallguy9 wrote: »
    No implications at all. Its just that (as its a new channel) the epg isn't recognizing it as part of your subscription. When the epg asks if you want to set up the channel, say yes and it will open the talktalk player to add it to the epg as part of your current subscription.
    If you aren't subscribed to the correct boost the TalkTalk player tells you what the cost will be and asks for your pin before doing anything else. If you don't want it just exit the player at that stage.
    Either way it will update the list of channels in the subscribed filter in the epg

Thanks for that I was under the assumption that if you said yes you will get charged. I have a few other channels that I think I should be getting free but haven't dared say yes for fear of getting charged and then having a nightmare job deleting them. Its very misleading.
  • MKS_56MKS_56 Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    I received an email from TalkTalk informing me that Sony TV And Sony TV Asia have been added to the Entertainment boost but they haven't yet appeared on my EPG.