Dodgy toilet flushes

GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have four toilets in my house all with the same type of flush as in the picture and they all pop up like the one in the picture.I push them back down and they stay for a while but then they pop up again.

Is there anything I can do to fix these. Or do I need to buy a new flushes.

http://i59.tinypic.com/34j6fqh.jpg

Thanks!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4 toilets? Wow!
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know... downstairs loo, family bathroom and 2 en suites. Quite common for four bedroom new builds now I think.
  • MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is the button itself faulty or the actual mechanism, remove the top and press what the button would press and see if its fine if so then get another button from a plumbers merchant as they don't seem very well designed to last from what i've seen
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah the actual flush works fine, just seems to be the spring under the button has gone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delete
  • morganb1611morganb1611 Posts: 458
    Forum Member
    I would imagine a bit of plastic has snapped stopping the spring push up to far so replacement is the only option. If it just pushes down two pins underneath the lid then replacements are pretty easy and you can buy a generic one.

If its a cable or tube you will probably need to find the manufacturer and get the replacement push button assembly. If you can't get that it's a whole new flush valve. If you do get a new flush valve just buy a fluidmaster, then spare parts will always be available.