What is it with Jake?

Kirsty ScotKirsty Scot Posts: 2,751
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am out of the country so relying on you tube at the moment, from what I can see he is an exceptional dancer yet does not seem to be popular here. Am I missing something?

Comments

• Bigvern04Bigvern04 Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    He is popular. Why do you think he's not popular?
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    He's currently a respectable 5th on this week's favourite poll and it's fair to say it wasn't his best dance.
  • VientreVientre Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always get the impression hes not enjoying the whole experiance even though theres no doubt he is, i think hes one of those people who appears misrable whatever his mood, perhaps people pick up on that?
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vientre wrote: »
    I always get the impression hes not enjoying the whole experiance even though theres no doubt he is, i think hes one of those people who appears misrable whatever his mood, perhaps people pick up on that?

Agree, but it's his "so attractive, sex symbol" tag that I cannot fathom:o Ah well, it's good we don't all have the same taste. He does nothing for me and nor does his dancing.
  • BalthusBalthus Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find him a bit of a cold fish. Good dancer though.
  • Fuchsia GroanFuchsia Groan Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vientre wrote: »

I'd call his demeanour phlegmatic. That's how he comes across to me anyway. :cool:
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He seems to me like a humorist with a lot of reserve and a little menace. Good cool energy. I like him
  • Kirsty ScotKirsty Scot Posts: 2,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bigvern04 wrote: »
    He is popular. Why do you think he's not popular?

I thought his dancing was great then I looked on the poll and he was only fifth, I thought perhaps there was something I missed.

I don't watch East Enders so have no previous experience of him, I certainly would not call him a sex symbol or even attractive I just liked his dancing, can't find this weeks dance on YouTube yet though.
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought his dancing was great then I looked on the poll and he was only fifth, I thought perhaps there was something I missed.

I don't watch East Enders so have no previous experience of him, I certainly would not call him a sex symbol or even attractive I just liked his dancing, can't find this weeks dance on YouTube yet though.

It depends how people define 'favourite'. This week I didn't vote for him in the poll because his wasn't my favourite dance of the night. However, he's probably my favourite overall so far.
  • VientreVientre Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree, but it's his "so attractive, sex symbol" tag that I cannot fathom:o Ah well, it's good we don't all have the same taste. He does nothing for me and nor does his dancing.

Dont knock that sex symbol tag it gives some of us a least a bit of hope :)
  • Bonnie96Bonnie96 Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    This year, I like watching Jake, Sunetra, Thom, Steve and Judy - in that order :)
  • jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Jake. I think he comes across as a bit "cold" because he is quite shy.
  • luigy39luigy39 Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get the impression that Jake and Pixie are getting the most popular votes.
  • dippydancingdippydancing Posts: 9,428
    Forum Member
    I went into the show really wanting to vote for him, but even after re-watching his QS, I found it meh and realised there were at least three other dances I thought were better or I very much wanted to help save other couples. If we still had 5 votes, I'd have included him, but not this week. I bet he'll be good again next week.

But I'm always really interested in him and his dances. And the bookies still have him as favourite to win. Not sure where the OP gets the impression he's not popular.
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jake is my favourite in terms that I think he's very talented & I look forward to his routine every week but he doesn't always get my vote on the poll as its meant to be what was your favourite THIS week. That has been Jake on some weeks but not all. Doesn't stop him being my favourite overall
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you watch ITT I think you'll agree he's coming out of his shell now. :)
  • Kirsty ScotKirsty Scot Posts: 2,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But I'm always really interested in him and his dances. And the bookies still have him as favourite to win. Not sure where the OP gets the impression he's not popular.

I am in Dubai and have been for a few weeks, all I have are the clips on YouTube that don't always have judges comments. I haven't been able to find this weeks yet, so I really only have DS to go by and it just seemed to be a bit meh when it came to him, but good to have it clarified. Thanks all
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,530
    Forum Member
    luigy39 wrote: »
    I get the impression that Jake and Pixie are getting the most popular votes.

Really? possibly Jake - however I can see Pixie possibly being in a shock dance off situation if she has a slightly duff/ just ok dance. I like Pixie, however going by polls and the general feeling on here is that she leaves many cold and she is 'too good'.

Unfortunately I think there is a good case that Allison, Scott and Judy are hoovering up votes at the moment
  • anothermianothermi Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am out of the country so relying on you tube at the moment, from what I can see he is an exceptional dancer yet does not seem to be popular here. Am I missing something?

If you've just started reading DS on this Series you may have missed this thread which got a lot of positive traffic the first few weeks. That might fill in some of the blanks you are drawing right now. It's hidden away on page 3 at the moment.

Things do change from week to week, though, and threads come and go.... and resurface... or get created anew by other posters. :D:D
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,430
    Forum Member
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    He seems to me like a humorist with a lot of reserve and a little menace. Good cool energy. I like him

What a brilliant description of Jake. I agree ;-)
  • Ray_BurnRay_Burn Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    Dancing ability: I think he might have peaked early with his Salsa. His Jive should have been good, as he's evidently good at fast, jolly dances, but for some reason it wasn't up to his previous standard. Same with Quickstep: I expected more somehow. i think he's another Sophie E-B, dancing prowess-wise. I hope I will be disproved, however!

Him: he's a low-key, wry kinda guy whose personality might not click with everyone. He seems like he's probably got a lot on with work/family, isn't the type to declare his utter infatuation with the dahnce (although he clearly enjoys it) and the Strictly experience, and therefore just gets on with it without a lot of fuss. Voters tend to like some kind of drama/narrative to buy into, but he's not really creating one other than 'I trained, some bits were hard I guess, here's my dance: hope you liked it.'

I think he will win if he does some more knock-out dances. He's got no real competition from the other men (Simon and Mark have been in the dance-off; Steve and Tom aren't that good I don't think; Sco-hahahaha) and the good women are all ringahs so he'll win because he hasn't had training.
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is just an introvert. Acting is a strange profession for someone who doesn't show off.
  • via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jake is top of a very short list of those I would like to win this year. :)
  • sey77sey77 Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree with you. He does the steps, but his dances just don't excite me. I really don't see the appeal.
  • Rachel_RyanRachel_Ryan Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    He just seems so moody. I would consider myself an 'introvert' but my gosh, I smile every so often.