jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly the point I was making...

Older voters will vote the boys, Ben and Jay...
    Younger voters will go for younger people like the boy band, only the young ( groups will cute boys) or Lauren Platt...relatable young girls...

I think the voters who love the urban style of music would vote for her (if she gets through) regardless of her age. She may be the sole representative of that genre looking at the other acts at JH.
  • Options
    ThiswillbefunThiswillbefun Posts: 10,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Generally not the style of music I listen to but I was very impressed by her vocal.
    There was a lot of edge and energy to her performance from the start which caught my attention.

The one question I would ask is when did solo artists suddenly have backing singers at JHs?
  • Options
    wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Generally not the style of music I listen to but I was very impressed by her vocal.
    There was a lot of edge and energy to her performance from the start which caught my attention.

The one question I would ask is when did solo artists suddenly have backing singers at JHs?

They had them for danyl johnsons and ollys year in 2009. It has only ever been simons category that has had the option though.
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even tho I am a metalhead at heart, my tastes vary with a little bit of everything from, Lionel Richie, The Four Tops, Madness, UB40, right through to Lana Del Rey,some of Alicia Keys, and only a couple of Beyonce. But I do like some rap, loved Prof Green Read all about it, but hated the slowed down wrist slitting solo version of it, there are so many rap songs that I love, but all from different artists. So am incredibly fussy when it comes to Urban / R'n'B artists, they are few and far between.

As for X Factor contestants I couldn't stand Misha B, Cher Lloyd, and couldn't wait for Miss Frank or Treyc to get the boot. However Fleur nailed it tonight & will be supporting her in the lives.
  • Options
    benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simon has to put Fleur through :D , Simon's category was shite tonight :o
  • Options
    JavarnJohnsonJavarnJohnson Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has tracks on her current EP where she does'nt rap as well, so it suits both tastes.

That's good; it's not something I'd want to hear every week in live shows for example (even though I did enjoy it). The fact that this is the first time she's done it so far shows that she doesn't have to rely on it.
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    love her, but i see her being out within the first 3 weeks unfortunately.
    the audience will vote for that god awful 8 piece boyband and one of the men who will win never to be heard of again after a flop album.
  • Options
    Starzz123Starzz123 Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon really needs to get behind her, even though she's got star potential she won't naturally be pulling any votes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Assuming Fleur makes it through, which i hope she does, i just hope she is given some decent material to perform, so that she has a decent chance to progress.
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was impressed by how well she meshed with the backing singers, like a true professional as opposed to simply shouting over them like Jay did before her
  • Options
    aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »
    I was impressed by how well she meshed with the backing singers, like a true professional as opposed to simply shouting over them like Jay did before her

Yep i noticed that, they seemed to like her best too :p
  • Options
    chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    I was watching with a 14 and two 17 year old girls....14 year old ...
    "Well she needs a longer t shirt or a tighter belt to hold her trousers up"
    Cue laughter from all

None of them liked her at all....too cocky and hated the rapping...In their opinion
  • Options
    Visitor QVisitor Q Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was good and certainly deserves to go through.

But it all felt incredibly stage-managed. Simon and Sinitta sitting there going "Oooh, they've all been rubbish so far... and as for this Fleur girl I can't remember anything about her...." Then BLAM!

The big performance, the interaction with the backing singers... if it hadn't have been daylight she'd have had smokebombs and a light show.
  • Options
    StociousStocious Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    Well i am 56, and i will defo be voting for her without a doubt.

I'm 64 and thought she was brilliant. My husband thinks I'm nuts!
  • Options
    MilkitaMilkita Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YES, at least she is different from the others in Overs, I love it when she takes a risk and do that rap verse, I hope she keeps it coming in the live show !!!
  • Options
    jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's incredible. I'm sold. That's how to do a Bang Bang.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chloeb wrote: »
    Cue laughter from all

None of them liked her at all....too cocky and hated the rapping...In their opinion

Let's be honest most tennage kids have'mt a clue about what do music is or is'nt.
  • Options
    4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    chloeb wrote: »
    Cue laughter from all

So 3 teenagers speak for the rest of teenagers that watch the show ? :confused: I'm a teenager and loved her !
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Cowell will ruin her in the live shows. He needs to let her take creative control.

X Factor USA proved how useless Cowell is as a mentor
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her and Ben are my stand outs this year and I'm on my 40's.

Last night Fleur was fantastic and, as others have said, how great to see an overs female doing something relevant.

My worry is that the show seems to have no idea what to do with the more urban acts and I hope and prey Fleur doesn't end up in a ballgown doing Whitney ballads
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Her and Ben are my stand outs this year and I'm on my 40's.

Last night Fleur was fantastic and, as others have said, how great to see an overs female doing something relevant.

My worry is that the show seems to have no idea what to do with the more urban acts and I hope and prey Fleur doesn't end up in a ballgown doing Whitney ballads

Agree with what you have said, and i am in my 50s. Hope they will dress Fleur sensibly, and more importantly give her some good material to work with.
  • Options
    Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was amazing. I love her tone and she can rap, damn. I loved her look before this but now I'm 100% sold.
  • Options
    GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aliyah101 wrote: »
    What an amazing performance! I've been waiting for that vocal performance! Adore the rasp in her voice. Def my fave Over this year!

Good vocal, ditch the damn pointless rapping.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really pleased to see Fleur make it through.