Where do you usually pre-order your games from?

InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
Forum Member
Just wondering, as I pre-ordered the recent Pokemon game from Argos and it came on release day but have heard of other people who got it the day before. Just wondering for the future where the best places are to get them before the official release? :p

Comments

• martytartymartytarty Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    Use Shopto.net mate, I always get my order at least 1 day before official release but sometimes 2 days prior to release.

I don't always use shopto for pre-orders but it depends on how much I want the game, price, and bonuses from other retailers, also if I have a bunch of games to get rid off then it's down to the local stores to trade in and swap.
  • Nathers7Nathers7 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've pre-ordered a ton of games from Shopto and it's always come the day before release at the latest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I used to buy physical discs if I was preordering a game I would use shopto.net
  • jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    Origin or Steam. It saves looking for codes and boxes when I do re-installs :).
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Amazon or the US PSN store.

Living in Ireland, I'm very limited on where I can get my games from. I wouldn't dream of buying games from the retailers here as they charge €70 - €80 for games. I get them off the U.S. PSN store for under €45 and Amazon usually comes in at just over €50 so it depends on if I think I'll want to trade it or not.

Also if I download from the PSN store I can be playing it at midnight on the day of release where Amazon can have it on my doorstep anywhere between 2 days and 2 weeks after release so it also depends on how eager I am to play the game.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Usually shopto OR Amazon (for hardware) & US Digital stores (for software) :)
  • MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazon mostly.
  • martytartymartytarty Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    Usually shopto OR Amazon (for hardware) & US Digital stores (for software) :)

How do I buy games from US ps store?

I take it you need a US account (which I have) but don't how how to fund it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    martytarty wrote: »
    How do I buy games from US ps store?

I take it you need a US account (which I have) but don't how how to fund it

pcgamesupply.com sell US psn credit. I buy from them for Xbox One US store mainly but have bought some US psn codes. They are good.
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't really pre order games now, but when I do I use simply games as they're normally the cheapest and good service.

Years ago I used to use shopto but they've got expensive now.
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazon, Zavvi or Shopto mostly, sometimes Argos or Tesco. Depends on who is the cheapest or which one is offering a particular edition of a game.