Options

Is Cilla Black the most unpleasant person in showbiz?

Comments

• Options
    Blockz99Blockz99 Posts: 5,045
    Forum Member
    Westy2 wrote: »
    His 3 ex wives might agree with you!

you mean his very rich 3 ex wives ;-)
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,016
    Forum Member
    Article and interview in the Daily Mail today explaining how our Cilla is old and "falling apart". A lot of her symptoms might explain her erratic behaviour which has led to her becoming "Most despised":

1. "My hand is falling apart. I can’t shake hands. I had arthritis and I had an operation for it". = "Don't touch me you plebs"

2. Said she is now ‘totally deaf’ = So that's why she will only communicate via her PA on flights!

3. "You see on Britain’s Got Talent and X Factor they all wear ear plugs. But I could not hear myself when I wore them. So that is where the strong voice came from". = "I sound like a fog-horn".

4. Miss Black often spends time in the Caribbean – she has a home in Barbados – but she said she now goes there out of medical necessity. = "Naturally I like to live frugally, and I'd rather spend my summers in Filey, but the weather just isn't there".

5. "I don’t see why I should be a dame for just doing what I always wanted to do." = "Mind you, I am a national treasure. And what's this about Joan Collins getting one?!"

Poor Cilla, she does actually seem quite poorly now. Despite being a grande bitch, at the end of the day she is just an old woman who doesn't seem to know any better after being spoilt and mollycoddled all her life.

What a horribly mean-spirited post from points 1 - 5 (not to mention your "=" observations are laughably inept), especially the part of her talking about it being difficult to shake hands due to arthritis, this is a new low for Cilla hating.
  • Options
    Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    What a horribly mean-spirited post from points 1 - 5 (not to mention your "=" observations are laughably inept), especially the part of her talking about it being difficult to shake hands due to arthritis, this is a new low for Cilla hating.

I know the real Cilla unlike most of the plebs (her words not mine) who defend her and I'm calling the excuses for her attitude and behaviour lies, she is exaggerating her condition as she is quite capable of holding the fizz she likes to quaff without any difficulty and will resort to any excuse to justify her attitude.

In showbiz circles very few people like her, most are pleasant enough to her face but on the whole cannot abide the woman.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know the real Cilla unlike most of the plebs (her words not mine) who defend her and I'm calling the excuses for her attitude and behaviour lies, she is exaggerating her condition as she is quite capable of holding the fizz she likes to quaff without any difficulty and will resort to any excuse to justify her attitude.

In showbiz circles very few people like her, most are pleasant enough to her face but on the whole cannot abide the woman.

I'm not saying she's not horrid, not at all. I believe she certainly can be completely up her own backside, as too many people say so, and I'm not defending that side of her. Holding a glass of fizz and shaking hands with people aren't exactly the same though are they, as far as physical strength goes. Anyway, I just think people can go too far with these things.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    I can't believe anyone is asking this question when you've got Katie Price in the same sub forum!!
  • Options
    Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lilsaz wrote: »
    I can't believe anyone is asking this question when you've got Katie Price in the same sub forum!!

Strangely enough Katie price for all her fault is a really nice person.😧
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    She does seem like the type to be all nice in front of the camera but a complete diva behind the scenes.
  • Options
    jake_moore08jake_moore08 Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    I forbid anyone to dislike Cilla as much when they watch this :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csKSLWtSruk
  • Options
    Forum Member

What in the name of ....??!!! That's hilarious. Her finest Cillagram! I bet there will be a few around here who are thinking it was a shame that young lad didn't land a few punches.
  • Options
    puffenstuffpuffenstuff Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan Sette wrote: »
    In the studio Paul is said to be"dedicated". He knows what he wants and will push to get it. So yes, I suppose in that was he is a control freak - but hey, its his music he should strive to get a sound / performance that he is happy with.

I've had the pleasure (and I mean that) of meeting him several times and he is nothing but a gentleman, generous with his time (when schedules allow) and happy to answer questions and sign things and if things go quiet because of fans shyness (or awe) he goofs around and jokes and keeps the conversation flowing.

He learned his lesson early, before he was famous he would hang out at the Liverpool Empire to get autographs and watched as his hero's either signed stuff or chatted to the fans or brushed passed them being aloof and saw "It's better not to get on the wrong side of the fans".

In the 1970/80s my uncle David Ohanlon was landlord of the Egremont ferry pub on merseyside , on several occasions Paul and Linda turned up for a pint and a lock in at closing time, Paul happily took to the piano to sing song after song, not pop songs either but roll out the barrel type songs, he was genuinely a lovely down to earth happy man
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Knockout, lol! :D
  • Options
    HystericGlamourHystericGlamour Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    tonybwgc wrote: »
    Having liked Cilla since the early days and having seen her at many stage doors over many years, I can assure you that she is, and always has been, a lovely person who really appreciates people coming up to say hello. There are also many TRUE events to recount about good and kind things she has done for others, including fans, but you don't want to hear that do you?

tonybwgc, I would genuinely love to hear to some of these wondeful first-hand tales you and your fellow Cilla fans have, and I'm not being sarcastic, I'm totally serious!
    I even searched the internet a while ago to see if she had a fan forum where like-minded people like yourself could trade happy stories and recollections. Cilla has no such fan forum.

I keep telling myself she can't possibly be as bad as people claim, but I also can't even begin to imagine that many other celebrities could garner 32 pages (and counting) of consistent dislike on Digital Spy.

You mention trying to destroy a decent persons reputation... well as practically everybody I've asked seems to say "Ooh, no... Don't know why, but I can't stand that woman", I would say her reputation doesn't count for much.

Definitely agree with you on the accent. I can never understand why people think she's faking it. I think she's been well-spoken since even the 60s, although she will occassionally play up the Scouse with words like 'hurr' instead of 'hair', but I don't think it's her accent that is disingenuous.

Anyway... Please tell me/us some nice things about Cilla, please.
  • Options
    mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no idea if she is nice or not but the one thing that has always struck me is her downright weird and unflattering sense of style. Awful clothes that seemed calculated to look as ugly as possible.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the answer is obviously she can't be the most unpleasant person in showbiz as she hasn't threatened to sue.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tonybwgc wrote: »

I wish you all very a Happy Christmas - if you have time to enjoy it, in between trying to destroy a decent person's' reputation. Oh and enjoy the rest of your lives too - I am sure you will enjoy getting older and becoming more bitter and twisted.

Merry Christmas to you too :)
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This threads had a good cull today - someone's got the hump ;-)
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This threads had a good cull today - someone's got the hump ;-)

The best one has gone. :cry::cry:

I'm convinced someone (not me btw) had been on the sherry.
    Wish I'd copy/pasted it. :(
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aw, I was enjoying that. No one got hurt and it certainly gave a forthright, to say the least, alternative viewpoint to the majority of posts on this thread. Ah well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best one has gone. :cry::cry:

I'm convinced someone (not me btw) had been on the sherry.
    Wish I'd copy/pasted it. :(

Yes me too, its a disgrace its disappeared, it was a real work of art >:(;-):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes me too, its a disgrace its disappeared, it was a real work of art >:(;-):D

It was. :D:D
  • Options
    Kenny MacleanKenny Maclean Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanx for that. :D

Hope tonybwgc comes back soon. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ooops oh dear a certain person seems to be on a Christmas holiday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay, now I'm confused. I gather they were 'holidayed' for the manner of their posting and not so much for having a different opinion to the majority of us, which was fine in itself?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Okay, now I'm confused. I gather they were 'holidayed' for the manner of their posting and not so much for having a different opinion to the majority of us, which was fine in itself?

I have no idea, it must be about the aggressive way they posted.
This discussion has been closed.