Playback Prob;ems

stairwaystairway Posts: 1,500
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have several videos on my hard drive, and to create more space, i moved them to a SD disk, and flash drive..
i use the GOM player to view them, when played from the hard drive, no problems,but from the other ones i get a " Codec is missing " message, and the same when i try other medid players, where before they played fine. Any ideas what's wrong?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stairway wrote: »
    I have several videos on my hard drive, and to create more space, i moved them to a SD disk, and flash drive..
    i use the GOM player to view them, when played from the hard drive, no problems,but from the other ones i get a " Codec is missing " message, and the same when i try other medid players, where before they played fine. Any ideas what's wrong?

The files on the SD card or flash drives are probably corrupt if they won't play in anything.

Reformat the removable media and copy the files again, after the copy process, safely remove or eject the media.

If the files still won't play from the removeable media in GOM player, change to a more well known player such as VLC Media Player.

If they don't play after trying this, it's possible there is DRM in the files on your hard drive and they're locked to playback from the drive containing the licence files. Not sure how I'd approach this any further without knowing more.