Options

Have they been working for Sugar

trebanostrebanos Posts: 523
Forum Member
✭✭
In the past, the finallists have worked for Sugar for around 6 months before the final. Have this pair been working under his roof for the last 12 months or still working at their former jobs?

Comments

• Options
    slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trebanos wrote: »
    In the past, the finallists have worked for Sugar for around 6 months before the final. Have this pair been working under his roof for the last 12 months or still working at their former jobs?
    No. There's a period of about 4 or 5 months after the tasks are finished (I'm not sure exactly how long, but the country show task was the last weekend of May) which gives Sugar enough time to perform the due diligence on the finalists' business plans before making his final decision.
  • Options
    The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a fair old wait for the contestants
  • Options
    totalwisetotalwise Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no, because it will reveal the winner and then some idiot is going to reveal the winner to the nation.

This is because the winner forms a company with Lord Sugar and all these records are filed with companies house which is publicly searchable.

I rememebr initially the apprentice was hot topic and there was a lot of buzz about it. I think it's lost it's shine and I doubt journalists will be bothered to leak the winner now - i wouldn't be surprised if the show gets shelved to bbc3
  • Options
    ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lord Sugar did file climb online months ago - it wa in the spoiler thread.

I don't think they work for him in the interim anymore since the prize changed to a business investment - that was only in the old format where he gave them a job and had to assess them as employees before he made his final decision.
  • Options
    slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    totalwise wrote: »
    no, because it will reveal the winner and then some idiot is going to reveal the winner to the nation.

This is because the winner forms a company with Lord Sugar and all these records are filed with companies house which is publicly searchable.

I rememebr initially the apprentice was hot topic and there was a lot of buzz about it. I think it's lost it's shine and I doubt journalists will be bothered to leak the winner now - i wouldn't be surprised if the show gets shelved to bbc3
    No chance. While the show is past its peak, for sure, it's still pulling in 6-7 million viewers every week and wiping the floor with the competition in its time slot. It will stay on BBC1.

Journalists work on the unwritten principle that you keep stuff like this quiet because your newspaper/website/whatever benefits from getting information about the outcome in advance, invites to press screenings etc. So, as a TV reviewer, I get access to every episode 5 days in advance (except the final, where I got the first 55 minutes of the episode and had the result confirmed to me via an embargoed press release two hours before the finale).
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Character assassinations.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No chance. While the show is past its peak, for sure, it's still pulling in 6-7 million viewers every week and wiping the floor with the competition in its time slot. It will stay on BBC1.

Journalists work on the unwritten principle that you keep stuff like this quiet because your newspaper/website/whatever benefits from getting information about the outcome in advance, invites to press screenings etc. So, as a TV reviewer, I get access to every episode 5 days in advance (except the final, where I got the first 55 minutes of the episode and had the result confirmed to me via an embargoed press release two hours before the finale).

Not a good way to be told! You know the result but didn't get to watch it unfold.
  • Options
    nattoyakinattoyaki Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    Shappy wrote: »
    Lord Sugar did file climb online months ago - it wa in the spoiler thread.

I don't think they work for him in the interim anymore since the prize changed to a business investment - that was only in the old format where he gave them a job and had to assess them as employees before he made his final decision.

But it's a long time to keep them hanging about after an already lengthy process, it's not like they can definitely get good temp jobs :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nattoyaki wrote: »
    But it's a long time to keep them hanging about after an already lengthy process, it's not like they can definitely get good temp jobs :confused:

Quite a few of them take (unpaid) leave from the current job so I assume they just return to that while they wait for the series to be aired. I think they're contractually obliged not to tell anyone they're in the final/have won so they probably don't tell their employer until it's time to resign.