Most beautiful music score from a movie

13»

Comments

• RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Almost anything/everything by the master, John Barry.
  • bluewomble88bluewomble88 Posts: 2,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meilie wrote: »
    The Truman Show

Brilliant suggestion. I've got the soundtrack on cd in my car, it's wonderful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disney's Pocahontas.

I also love the score to The Holiday by Hans Zimmer.
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't pick a favourite, I love pretty much all of John Williams' work but especially for Memoirs of a Geisha and Sayuri's Theme in particular, Howard Shore's scores for the LotR trilogy of films, John Barry's work, Michael Nymen's scores, Hans Zimmer's stuff especially the Crimson Tide main theme and in a similar vein, the Mission to Mars main theme by Ennio Morricone.
  • Rolling StoneRolling Stone Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    I have to agree with a few of the previous posts-for the ultimate evocative, beautiful soundtrack, you would struggle to think of a better example than Once Upon a Time in the West. It's almost operatic in its thematic selection for the characters. Soaring melodies........perfect.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 429
    Forum Member
    After watching Gravity I think the soundtrack to that is absolutely brilliant
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Silent Hill The Movie - Of course takign a lot of it's musical heritage from the games helped the overall feel.

LOTR all films - I adore the soundtrack for these
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Popol vuh's music for Nosferatu, wonderfully atmospheric.
    Richard Rodgers score for Victory At Sea, movie version of TV documentary.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    I loved the soundtrack to Betty Blue, still have it somewhere. And also the music in Moon is lovely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    Almost anything/everything by the master, John Barry.

Walkabout.....hopefully the video is ok to post here...Jenny Agutter swimming naked

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JVdsiwFAcjw

I must have been 12 or 13 yrs old when I first watched the film and I suspect for many guys of my age(50) Jenny Agutter was their first crush....Love the above clip. For many reasons!!...the music being one of course...but also the depiction of sexual naivety which in all honesty I don't believe has been bettered in any other movie I'v seen...IMO of course!,
  • late8late8 Posts: 7,175
    Forum Member
    Anything slow and beautiful by Jerry Goldsmith and James Horner would get my vote.

Came across this on YouTube by Jerry Goldsmith.. a man seeing a sunrise for the first time with his newly given eyesight. ...

simple and nice..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5wrbx07rOE
  • Froggie72Froggie72 Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member
    Ruichi Sakamoto's "Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence" is rather special too... as is the soundtrack to "Japanese Story"
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    Froggie72 wrote: »
    Ruichi Sakamoto's "Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence" is rather special too... as is the soundtrack to "Japanese Story"

Ruichi Sakamoto, ahh that was a great score and he is such a lovely guy! Being a Bowie fan I was really annoyed to hear that he turned down to work on that track with Ruichi. Suppose at that time Bowie had his head up his own bum. So sylvian from Japan did it.

Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence was a sensational track.

I love, James Newton Howard hunger games, so perfect it continued to the next film. Panem Anthem horn of plenty. So imposing with threatening undertones.
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jean de Florette
    Once Upon a Time in America

If I had to choose a single track it would probably be the closing credits of Minoity Report.