Stolen toasted teacake

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
Forum Member
✭✭
So me and me ma goes into this cafe, and I orders a small coffee for her, a large one for me, and a toasted teacake to share between us. So we gets our coffees and we drinks them, anticipating we get our teacake soon. But five minutes pass and there's no teacake. So I goes to the counter and points out to the woman serving we ain't got our teacake yet. But then she says they definitely made the teacake and put it on the counter. But I says I ain't never had it. Then they looks around the cafe and asks who's stolen the teacake. But no-one owns up. So then she agrees to get another teacake done, and then a minute later we has it. I mean, who would steal someone else's teacake in a cafe ?

Comments

• georgetheaspiegeorgetheaspie Posts: 1,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A starving homeless person? Or a dog? The shop owner's cat? :D
  • queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They probably never put it out in the first place.

And share a teacake...really...
  • Lickerty SplitLickerty Split Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    what? .... I....errr... ok, fair enough
  • shantomshantom Posts: 2,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chav!
  • 44444444 Posts: 1,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    queenshaks wrote: »
    They probably never put it out in the first place.

And share a teacake...really...

I thought that was quite sweet. :o
  • missy83missy83 Posts: 14,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm very sorry but it looked so tasty and I couldn't resist.
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I ordered a prawn salad with Mayo from the batch shop today and got a prawn salad with Marie rose sauce!!!! I returned the roll to them and they apologized and replaced the roll with the one I ordered.

Scandalous really.
  • WombatDeathWombatDeath Posts: 4,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petertard wrote: »
    So me and me ma goes into this cafe, and I orders a small coffee for her, a large one for me, and a toasted teacake to share between us. So we gets our coffees and we drinks them, anticipating we get our teacake soon. But five minutes pass and there's no teacake. So I goes to the counter and points out to the woman serving we ain't got our teacake yet. But then she says they definitely made the teacake and put it on the counter. But I says I ain't never had it. Then they looks around the cafe and asks who's stolen the teacake. But no-one owns up. So then she agrees to get another teacake done, and then a minute later we has it. I mean, who would steal someone else's teacake in a cafe ?

You have a very unusual writing style. Have you modelled it on Gollum?
  • embyemby Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    Haha, this thread made the DS forums twitter >> http://twitter.com/#!/digitalspyforum/status/1077491670188033
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shantom wrote: »
    Chav!

why's that?
  • spotyspoty Posts: 11,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reading this has made me go out and buy some, along with the Sunday papers .Lot's of Lurpack on top and it is so good to eat.

As for yours getting pinched? NO they just forgot to make it.
  • Achtung!Achtung! Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So then...