Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Freesat, I have been the victim of 2 armed robberies and I hate balaclavas, so I wasn't best pleased with this ad
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    James Villas with the Kermit feet song! Used to annoy me before when there was only ONE advert, with ONE earcurling song.. now there's two. (songs!)

And the Andrex(? I think ?) washlets! One woman there actually smells one of them. And they are, if memory serves me correctly, taking about wiping their ass(es)

Also, not an advert that I saw on TV so perhaps doesn't count, but there was an advert in the window of the local butchers this morning saying "Sells GUILT FREE, SIN FREE sausages here!"
    I was, and still am, slightly puzzled.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AngiBear wrote: »
    The obnoxious little girl who talks then sings and every word is indistinguishable from the next?

That's the one. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    And now Farmfoods have that guy with the green freaky puppet bird thing on their adverts! >.<
  • elgransenor1elgransenor1 Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ladies and gentlemen we have a winner!!!

that godawful subway advert featuring those olympic athletes.
  • humanracerhumanracer Posts: 1,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its DFS sale time and it means 'And my heart goes boom, boom, boom' every ad break on Sky. With a numpty in a brown duffle coat.

Also probably not popular but I hate the Oxfam one....'I'm just a normal housewife...' I don't donate so she can go on an all expensives paid trip to see what Oxfam do. We could find out what Oxfam do, without her little trip, show us a photo!

Hi
    I like that one. I had to look up who sang that boom boom song. It was some Swedish singer.
    There is another AD with a nice song, something like "my heart skips a beat"
  • andydipandydip Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    The Sun newspaper one with that awful child trying to sing, thank god for the mute button!
  • Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,128
    Forum Member
    j22kh wrote: »
    The new, annoying Sun newspaper advert. :mad::mad:

oh...

and the MAGNET ADVERT WITH THE TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE MUSIC SUNG BY A WOMAN THAT CAN'T SING. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

If you think that the snippet of the song used in the Magnet ad is bad, just check out the whole song and video:eek:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhywGQ99LdI

I'd like to add the Windows 8 advert featuring the girl painting. It's on nearly every ad break and that shitty Neptune-esque cover of "Express Yourself" is beginning to grate:yawn:
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    If you think that the snippet of the song used in the Magnet ad is bad, just check out the whole song and video:eek:

I'd like to add the Windows 8 advert featuring the girl painting. It's on nearly every ad break and that shitty Neptune-esque cover of "Express Yourself" is beginning to grate:yawn:

:eek::eek:... better than that tk maxx advert
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bondgirl1 wrote: »
    I see the ryvita advert with those women dipping their ryvitas into their colleagues soup is back. Cretins!

Oh don't. I could lob a brick through the telly when that comes on.
  • RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BT ads are getting worse

"No mom......please don't think that I'm banging the hot chick who's living with me!"

The mum in that is Samantha Bond who used to be Miss Moneypenny to Pierce Brosnan's Bond. I hope we get Pierce Brosnan next!
  • DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twimp2 wrote: »
    And now Farmfoods have that guy with the green freaky puppet bird thing on their adverts! >.<

That's so disrespectful to so many of our childhoods! Are you young per chance? ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just seen the Sun advert with that CREEPAZOID toothless little girl and the doll like something out of the sodding Shining.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhh!

And the Subway advert!!! Are we really meant to believe these top athletes eat that rubbish? Do they really think we are that thick??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twimp2 wrote: »
    James Villas with the Kermit feet song! Used to annoy me before when there was only ONE advert, with ONE earcurling song.. now there's two. (songs!)

And the Andrex(? I think ?) washlets! One woman there actually smells one of them. And they are, if memory serves me correctly, taking about wiping their ass(es)

Also, not an advert that I saw on TV so perhaps doesn't count, but there was an advert in the window of the local butchers this morning saying "Sells GUILT FREE, SIN FREE sausages here!"
    I was, and still am, slightly puzzled.
    syn free sausages are the ones you can eat freely on the slimming world diet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    The Microsoft Advert where people dance around to really annoying music whilst they click their keyboards on and off their tablets. Get a life!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    THE BRITISH GAS TEAM! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Bore off! Go away!! :mad:
  • RednellRednell Posts: 2,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The jobsite ones with Max what's his face. So patronising and grr.

The Microsoft one

The Diet Chef one. I'd hate to think how much that would cost, but considering the lass they're using to front the advert seems to be in the gossip rags going on about her weight troubles an awful lot, I'm not convinced she's the right person for the message they're trying to convey. :confused::o

I haven't been unlucky enough to see the Sun or Magnet adverts yet. I'm sure I'll be back on here as soon as I do by the sounds of how bad they are.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Saga advert with the twee cover of "I'm Just A Lucky So And So". ENOUGH ALREADY!! :mad:
  • Madmissi12Madmissi12 Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    I saw one earlier with Kerry Katona advertising one of those money lending sites. Is having her do it actually supposed to convince us to use this site? :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member

That ad was litterally on as I read this so yes your absolutely right. I don't find it that annoying yet but it's certainly on an awful lot.
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,667
    Forum Member
    andydip wrote: »
    The Sun newspaper one with that awful child trying to sing, thank god for the mute button!

Was just going to post that. You can't actually understand a word she's singing so it doesn't even have the cute factor.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    I'm listening to the song right now, and yes it has twee vocals, but the song itself is actually quite nice :):o
  • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madmissi12 wrote: »
    I saw one earlier with Kerry Katona advertising one of those money lending sites. Is having her do it actually supposed to convince us to use this site? :eek:
    Someone with a great track record of sensible money management, yep good idea to have her as your spokesperson :rolleyes:

Considering the f**kwits that love her will probably use this service. Come to think of it. Thats the target demographic I guessing.
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate the advert for shampoo or hair dye or whatever it is where the smug t*at gives us a list of what he and his wife have been through including "Two newborns"
    NEWBORNS ??
    Do you mean BABIES ?
    Who says "NEWBORNS" FFS ??
    :mad:
  • Sam SolitudeSam Solitude Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    The holiday one with Jim Hensons nasal warbling of 'Happy Feet' from The Muppets.
    I have to switch the sound off when that annoying advert comes on.
This discussion has been closed.