The Ratings Thread (Part 46)

Comments

• ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mlt11 wrote: »
    Per Charles Sale in the Daily Mail:

"The launch of Channel 4’s new racing coverage has been so underwhelming since the start of the year that the viewing figures for the live racing, and preview programme The Morning Line, are down by 12 per cent on the corresponding 2012 shows."

NB. Doesn't say where the figure comes from but it's a very specific number so it must have come from somewhere!

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2281983/David-Gill-wants-UEFA-executive-role--Charles-Sale.html#ixzz2LUnRQoRA
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Any story with Charlie Sale's name on it is almost certainly wrong:eek:
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Any story with Charlie Sale's name on it is almost certainly wrong:eek:

of more interest is this
    A football feast
    Soccer Saturday, Sky Sports’ cult programme presented by Jeff Stelling, is to become more high profile next season. The plan is for Sky to incorporate their new package of 5.30pm live games into the show, with Stelling the anchorman throughout. It will also save Sky the costs of a full production from a stadium on Saturdays.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2281983/David-Gill-wants-UEFA-executive-role--Charles-Sale.html#ixzz2LWKKTi8q
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

will make for a long show from 12noon to 8pm every Saturday for Stelling if he does the full gig. Its also going to give Sky Sports a very strong all day rating most Saturdays
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Daily Express reports that Julian Fellowes is developing a new series for NBC and may hand writing Downton Abbey over to others.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    BBC One inc HD
    Pointless - 3,749,133 (23.2%)
    The One Show - 4,199,518 (18.6%)
    Holiday Hit Squad - 3,376,783 (14.4%)
    Meet The Izzards - 2,617,225 (10.9%)

BBC Two
    Hairy Bikers - 1,767,092 (7.5%)
    Brain Doctors - 1,630,308 (6.8%)
    The Culture Show - 511,850 (2.6%)

ITV inc HD exc. +1
    The Chase - 3,415,655 (22.3%)
    Emmerdale - 7,059,420 (32.1%)
    Coronation Street - 8,531,400 (36.6%)
    The Brit Awards - 6,286,881 (26.8%)

Channel 4 inc HD exc. +1
    Obsessive Complulsive Cleaners - 1,521,800 (6.5%)
    One Born Every Minute - 1,758,000 (7.3%)
    Derek - 929,520 (4.7%)
    8 Out of 10 Cats Uncut - 601,856 (4.6%)

Channel 5 inc HD exc. +1
    Killers Behind Bars - 874,917 (3.7%)
    NCIS - 1,508,210 (6.3%)
    Law & Order: SVU - 831,490 (4.5%)
  • SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    The chase was very low yesterday in the ratings, over 1million behind pointless.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SamuelW wrote: »
    The chase was very low yesterday in the ratings, over 1million behind pointless.

typo I'd said based on the share %. Hold off on the champagne for now!
  • SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    The brits done well. Uktvratings say its Best in 7 years. Probably helped by being shown after Coro St whereas last few years it wasn't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably helped by being shown after Coro St whereas last few years it wasn't.

but but only pensioners watch CS dont they? thats what you keep telling us!
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent for the Brits.
  • ScoreScore Posts: 17,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Obviously a typo - look at the share.

Terrific for The Brits. They always skew really young too so ITV will be delighted. Shame it was such a dull affair though. The other channels didn't do much, with Meet The Izzards flopping on BBC1.
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,974
    Forum Member
    Brilliant for the Brits, I wonder what the demos were like.
  • rr22rr22 Posts: 7,618
    Forum Member
    The Daily Express reports that Julian Fellowes is developing a new series for NBC and may hand writing Downton Abbey over to others.

Yes was reading this. The pilot for the us show has not yet even been written though. It would need approval before then being turned into a series. By then downton could be at around series five anyway. Fellowes says that series like downton have a shelf life. They can run to twenty years but he doesn't see that happening to his series. I agree with him. He did write it originally as a three year series. But then itv will simply employ someone else if fellowes doesn't want the same kind of involvement. It was a great first series but I think became a victim of its own success and a parody of itself.
  • ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brits peaked with 7.5 million during the performance of One Direction.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    NeilVW wrote: »
    17:15 – The Johnny and Inel Show: 169k (1.1%)
    17:45 – My Life: 326k (1.8%)
    18:15 – Help! My Supply Teacher Is Magic: 253k (1.3%)
    18:45 – The Owl: 176k (0.8%)
    18:50 – Newsround: 102k (0.5%)

Johnny and Intel doesn't seem to be doing very well..gone down throughout the series...

Anyone know the slot averages for 5:15, 5:45 and 6:15 on a Tuesday?
    Forum Member
    The brit awards were helped by such a poor night from bbc one. I didn't expect the channel to drop as it did. They should have stuck a big movie on. Only 2 million for eddie izzard. The brit awards had it easy in terms of competition and it was very dull. Corden is an irritating presenter too. The one show was itv s only real competition by the looks of the figures. Bbc one seem to give up on wednesdays until its time for the apprentice again
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnnymc wrote: »
    The brit awards were helped by such a poor night from bbc one. I didn't expect the channel to drop as it did. They should have stuck a big movie on. Only 2 million for eddie izzard. The brit awards had it easy in terms of competition and it was very dull. Corden is an irritating presenter too. The one show was itv s only real competition by the looks of the figures. Bbc one seem to give up on wednesdays until its time for the apprentice again

Anything with Eddie Izzard is bound to be rubbish.
  • ServalanServalan Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes was reading this. The pilot for the us show has not yet even been written though. It would need approval before then being turned into a series. By then downton could be at around series five anyway. Fellowes says that series like downton have a shelf life. They can run to twenty years but he doesn't see that happening to his series. I agree with him. He did write it originally as a three year series. But then itv will simply employ someone else if fellowes doesn't want the same kind of involvement. It was a great first series but I think became a victim of its own success and a parody of itself.

I agree with your critique of DA - but it's often forgotten that the first series did take on other writers to work alongside Fellowes ... but they didn't work out and were overwritten by the man himself, leading to him writing the following two series entirely on his own.

So bringing in other writers would mark a major culture change for the show. It might, however, be the shake-up it badly needs if ITV wants it to run beyond five years. Whether Fellowes himself wants that too is another matter altogether, mind - after all, it's not like he needs the money ... ;)
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even I watched The brit awards last night as TV was a bit crap.
    Maybe next year they might try and change some things and make it better with that rating?
    Forum Member
    NeilVW wrote: »
    All Over the Place: USA is doing pretty well; at least the shares look healthy to me:

Mon 07:45 - 207k (3.7%)
    Tue 07:45 - 212k (3.8%)

Averaging a 16.7% share of the child audience so far. As for CBBC last night:

17:15 – The Johnny and Inel Show: 169k (1.1%)
    17:45 – My Life: 326k (1.8%)
    18:15 – Help! My Supply Teacher Is Magic: 253k (1.3%)
    18:45 – The Owl: 176k (0.8%)
    18:50 – Newsround: 102k (0.5%)

I think 200k in the early morning is rather healthy. As for the early evening, Johnny & Inel aren't doing as well as expected. Maybe they need to reach out to a larger audience as at the moment, their material is aimed at a younger audience. My Life, as a documentary did very well. As for onwards, a slight rise for Help! My Supply Teacher Is Still Magic but it's down still on the 500k+ audience that saw the series launch last year.

Their best ratings are usually achieved on Friday, especially with The Dumping Ground. Once they begin showing new episodes of Chucklevision, the channels ratings are bound to rise. 4 O'Clock Club, given the amount of talk on Twitter and it's aim for an 'urban' audience with the use of rap, should be doing a lot better. But, the new project with Dani Harmer, Dani's Castle has been doing OK, launched with a good 400k+ audience but has gone down a bit.

Do you know how 'Deadly Mission Madagascar' at 16:30 has been doing so far (since last Monday)? As well as Sparticle Mystery, All Over the Place and Sadie J yesterday? Thanks.
    Forum Member
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    Brits peaked with 7.5 million during the performance of One Direction.

Do you know what the peak share was?
  • RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only 2 million for eddie izzard.

2.6m in fact for Izzard.

I really did think it would be sub 2m. So that's not a bad figure at all for something that should have been on BBC2 or BBC4.

OK for the Brits. But frankly, what else would anyone wanting to watch telly have watched last night if not that?

BBC1 didn't turn up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC1 didn't turn up.

You can only beat the team the opposition puts out. Looks good for Liverpool tonight. Eddie Izzard is the performer who keeps on giving. :D
    Forum Member
    Servalan wrote: »
    I agree with your critique of DA - but it's often forgotten that the first series did take on other writers to work alongside Fellowes ... but they didn't work out and were overwritten by the man himself, leading to him writing the following two series entirely on his own.

So bringing in other writers would mark a major culture change for the show. It might, however, be the shake-up it badly needs if ITV wants it to run beyond five years. Whether Fellowes himself wants that too is another matter altogether, mind - after all, it's not like he needs the money ... ;)
    I agree that perhaps a brand new writer would create something new to downton.

I hadn't noticed the other writers on series one. I enjoyed it so much then had to give up a few eps in to series two. The last one I watched was at christmas which seemed more in line with the first series but I've watched the comic relief sketch of downton now too and alot of it seems like a director is wating in the background just to say cut! It was a wonderful first series without any knowing or self conciousness but it just became a victim of its own popularity in a sense.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how long it takes Lord Fellowes to write one episode of DA ? Every time I see articles about him he's in the States attending various functions and lunches:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how long it takes Lord Fellowes to write one episode of DA ? Every time I see articles about him he's in the States.

Perhaps he writes on the plane? I'm sure he turns left at the doors.
This discussion has been closed.