Grimmy needs a co-presenter

pjexpjex Posts: 9,371
Forum Member
The show sounded much better this morning during the segment with Vanessa. Those 2 seem to get along very well and they threw in plenty of sexual inuendo to keep it edgy and youthful, despite Vanessa's age I think she'd be popular with the radio 1 audience.

So I think Vanessa should get promoted from her current early breakfast slot to breakfast, as I think it would make the show sound more fun and may help to keep some of the older audience without losing the youngsters, plus the 2 have a brilliant rapport.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    Yes! If you want to attract younger audiences to a show you need to put Vanessa Feltz as a co-host. What a brilliant idea!
  • markmagmarkmag Posts: 3,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No doubt he needs a co-host - but I don't think Vanessa is particularly "target"!

I do wonder if the original plan was Annie Mac to co-present. They worked great together on Sunday nights.
  • pjexpjex Posts: 9,371
    Forum Member
    eigh wrote: »
    Yes! If you want to attract younger audiences to a show you need to put Vanessa Feltz as a co-host. What a brilliant idea!

Did you hear her this morning? She was being quite raunchy, she doesn't appear old at all. Surely it's about how the presenter relates to the target audience rather than their actual age? Grimmy is obviously a big fan of Vanessa and he is the sort of person Radio 1 wants to listen.

I'm not seriously suggesting she could be a stand alone Radio 1 presenter but think having a co-presenter who is a bit different can work, Annie Mac and Grimmy are too similar and it just felt a bit cliquey when they presented togethar where as Grimmy and Vanessa would make interesting and entertaining radio and I think would bring a lot of listners in who would be genuinely intrigued by the pairing, I don't think brining Annie Mac in would raise any interest at all.
    Forum Member
    So if Vanessa isn't popular with the Radio 1 audience why is she even a guest?
  • RadioKnowerRadioKnower Posts: 2,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjex wrote: »
    may help to keep some of the older audience.
    They don't want to do that.
    It's ironic to laugh at 'naff' celebrities. The audience would want her everyday.
  • RadioKnowerRadioKnower Posts: 2,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They don't want to do that.

It's ironic to laugh at 'naff' celebrities. The audience would want her everyday.
    Wouldn't*

Just as they never gave Roy Walker a show because Carpark Catchphrase was popular.
  • Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you believed all you read here she isn't even popular with the Radio 2 audience!:D
  • the teddy bearthe teddy bear Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Find it odd how she takes a week off to go on 'Holiday' from her regular gigs on 2 and London and then magically appeared on Radio 1 this morning? :confused:

Her agent must be Paul Daniels! :D
    Forum Member
    If you believed all you read here she isn't even popular with the Radio 2 audience!:D

I can imagine she is not popular on Radio 2, the way she was speaking today with her inuendos was very much Radio 1 and not Radio 2.

Regarding Roy Walker Chris used tapped clips of him on a short feature he was rarely a live guest, Vanessa is regularly on with Nick often after her Radio 2 show, today she was on for my entire listen on the way to work from 7:50 until at least 8:30 which is the prime part of the show.

I really don't think she was on as naff to be laughed at she is actually very funny if you like that sort of yuonger humour, not Radio 2 material. If she wasn't famous and you didn't know her age she would fit in very well as a co-presenter but I'll admit her age is probably a problem which doesn't seem right in this day of prejudisim being unacceptable.
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Because the show is all over the place. Focussing on the very young one minute, getting Vanessa on the next. The average 12 year old girl wouldn't even know who Vanessa was.

I believe the show is over controlled from on high but not produced well enough on the ground.
  • jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was very funny this morning I really enjoyed her on the show. I thought that it was funny having Carol Vorderman on the show for call or delete /Anneka Rice as an option when they are against the target audience.

I do agree Grimmy needs a co-host to bounce off of so its not him just talking to himself. I think Gemma Cairney could work well with him. He needs someone bubbly that hasn't got a major slot on Radio1 already
    Forum Member
    jonjons wrote: »
    It was very funny this morning I really enjoyed her on the show. I thought that it was funny having Carol Vorderman on the show for call or delete /Anneka Rice as an option when they are against the target audience.

I do agree Grimmy needs a co-host to bounce off of so its not him just talking to himself. I think Gemma Cairney could work well with him. He needs someone bubbly that hasn't got a major slot on Radio1 already

Think they need a big name copresenter to pull in new listeners. Gemma Cairney won't do that which is why my vote goes to Vanessa, who else is well known and would work well, Tulissa? Could be some good jokes around home videos!
  • GenesysGenesys Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    Pjex, well aren't you hilarious......
  • hotmat3khotmat3k Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show sounded much better this morning during the segment with Vanessa. Those 2 seem to get along very well and they threw in plenty of sexual inuendo to keep it edgy and youthful, despite Vanessa's age I think she'd be popular with the radio 1 audience.

So I think Vanessa should get promoted from her current early breakfast slot to breakfast, as I think it would make the show sound more fun and may help to keep some of the older audience without losing the youngsters, plus the 2 have a brilliant rapport.
    No, he needs to be pegged down a notch or two. Then chucked off the radio. He offends the term "radio broadcaster" at best of times. And not having listened to it, it probably just sounded "showbizzy" because that's what they both do and came from.

Neither have a radio background. They're just celebs who talk utter crap.

Get Moyles back until R1 can find a proper radio broadcaster. Actually, Hirsty and his team from Capital Yorkshire should have been given the chance on Radio 1 Breakfast (or at least a day-time slot) at some stage in the past.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing is, as silly as it sounds, radio is becoming a far more visual medium.

Hardly a day goes by without a live Webcam link up to the Studio or the presenters appearing on a new BBC3 show or fronting a festival.

As such I don't think Vanessa's image is one that Radio 1 would wish to embrace.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    Did you hear her this morning? She was being quite raunchy, .

To even slightly imagine that scenario, makes me feel ill...It's just wrong.
  • Hilda_ChimanayiHilda_Chimanayi Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    It's true him alone is a disaster for he does not bring anything good for listeners to listen to. I listened to his show when he was with Annie mac and it was worth listening to, when he started breakfast i gave up listening to him, for he is full of himself.
  • jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should have heard his interview with Kesha this morning. The interview lasted an hour with not one question about her music,career or T in the Park. The bulk of the interview was about Kesha admitting to liking Harry Styles and Grimmy calling up Harry for him to speak to Kesha.

I was shocked!
  • ComputerComputer Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Find it odd how she takes a week off to go on 'Holiday' from her regular gigs on 2 and London and then magically appeared on Radio 1 this morning? :confused:

Her agent must be Paul Daniels! :D

Call or delete is pre-recorded, she could have done it anytime before wednesday; last week, last month..
    Forum Member
    Computer wrote: »
    Call or delete is pre-recorded, she could have done it anytime before wednesday; last week, last month..

So the peak 40 mins of the Radio 1 breakfast show this week wasn't live?

Does Grimmy go out for breakfast during this period?

Did Moyles ever pre-record large sections of his show, I think live radio always sounds better.

I thought it odd Carol Vorderman said she was having lunch. I assume call or delete always recorded so they can check the people they call agree to it being aired after the call. So every Wednesday 8-8:30 is a pre-record or does he record the whole show and not work Wednesdays, would mean only 4 rather than 5 early starts so he can go out with his celeb mates on a Tuesday night.

You'd think they'd only record a day before to keep it up to date but if Vanessa on holiday must have been about a week old.

At least Carol bought some Maths to breakfast so ticked the BBC educational box, always used to enjoy the Maths with Vernon shame Matt doesn't do a similar feature pie tennis a poor replacement. Let's get some more features which use your brain back rather than fill the air with celebrity rubbish.
  • Lee MorrisLee Morris Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi! All
    What about Fearne Cotton as Nick's co presenter meaning Sara Cox could stay on weekday mornings?.
  • markmagmarkmag Posts: 3,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect Fearne was offered Breakfast before Grimmy, but turned it down as she knew she was pregnant. Might be completely wrong, just a suspicion.

I think breakfast might be a tough call for a new mum. The morning slot is going to be better. Also bringing Fearne in as co-presenter will just smack of "Grimmys failed" and that will taint the show. Far better to bring in a relative unknown doing a small bit of the show and them build them up to co-host over time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    So the peak 40 mins of the Radio 1 breakfast show this week wasn't live?

Does Grimmy go out for breakfast during this period?

Did Moyles ever pre-record large sections of his show, I think live radio always sounds better.

I thought it odd Carol Vorderman said she was having lunch. I assume call or delete always recorded so they can check the people they call agree to it being aired after the call. So every Wednesday 8-8:30 is a pre-record or does he record the whole show and not work Wednesdays, would mean only 4 rather than 5 early starts so he can go out with his celeb mates on a Tuesday night.

You'd think they'd only record a day before to keep it up to date but if Vanessa on holiday must have been about a week old.

At least Carol bought some Maths to breakfast so ticked the BBC educational box, always used to enjoy the Maths with Vernon shame Matt doesn't do a similar feature pie tennis a poor replacement. Let's get some more features which use your brain back rather than fill the air with celebrity rubbish.

Call or Delete is always pre-recorded and edited so they can check the content and make sure the person pranked is happy for it to go out. Plus, the game wouldn't work otherwise given people know Nick is presenting a radio show 6.30-10 every weekday. Apart from pre-recorded interviews done at press junkets, this is the only pre-recorded part of the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    Sams83 wrote: »
    Call or Delete is always pre-recorded and edited so they can check the content and make sure the person pranked is happy for it to go out. Plus, the game wouldn't work otherwise given people know Nick is presenting a radio show 6.30-10 every weekday. Apart from pre-recorded interviews done at press junkets, this is the only pre-recorded part of the show.

Did Moyles ever pre record segments for his show?
  • abertomabertom Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There were a few 'Dom/Tina/Carrie meets..... that was prerecorded