Options

Does Helen have a kid ?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    wotnot wrote: »
    Irrelevant, if she's to be judged on leaving her 10 year old, supposedly with people that she trusts to care for him then shouldn't all hm's, past and future, come under the same scrutiny, particularly those who have left very young children to enter the house?

There's plenty to judge Helen on aside from this. How about being a mother and selling your body for sex for example?

Another example of someone not reading through the thread before posting. If you read through you would learn that I haven't once judged her on leaving her son and only on her behaviour and her lack of self awareness so I suggest you quote that message to someone who has continuously mentioned her leaving her son
  • Options
    wotnotwotnot Posts: 9,565
    Forum Member
    MissPGC wrote: »
    Another example of someone not reading through the thread before posting. If you read through you would learn that I haven't once judged her on leaving her son and only on her behaviour and her lack of self awareness so I suggest you quote that message to someone who has continuously mentioned her leaving her son

Oh please don't try to pull me into this, I've been reading through the silly arguments on here and I am not interested. I was responding directly to your post and the words in your post that quoted mine - nothing more. I didn't say you were personally judging her, I was defending my opinion.
  • Options
    slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    Some sweeping statements in this thread

even though I have three grown children who went to uni, have good jobs and lovely families and also love me I am by reading this thread a very bad mother because I left my children for a number of months while I had to work

There are some very judgemental people on this forum
  • Options
    Forum Member

even though I have three grown children who went to uni, have good jobs and lovely families and also love me I am by reading this thread a very bad mother because I left my children for a number of months while I had to work

Your not at all a bad mother.. you was working n i respect you. My mum went to work as an English teacher in Italy.. but that was to WORK not for fame & not to tryyy prove a point to the nation
  • Options
    eva_prioreva_prior Posts: 2,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well bullies need to be addressed and not going on the show because of the threat of children being bullied would be tantamount to allowing the bully to win.

You are completely right but only in principle.

In practise, Helen is doing the choosing, whilst her son ( without making the choice or being allowed to decide that he wants to be an anti- bully person) will most likely have to cope with the bullies.

I was only able to make the distinction when I became a parent. I then realised I had my own principles, beliefs etc. but should not force my kids to promote them at personal cost to themselves.
  • Options
    slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    Your not at all a bad mother.. you was working n i respect you. My mum went to work as an English teacher in Italy.. but that was to WORK not for fame & not to tryyy prove a point to the nation
    Doesnt matter if its for fame and the money that comes with it or a pay packet at the end of the month if it makes a better life for your children

and if I had a good body and a face and not much else going for me I may have considered a different route if it ment a better life for my children

I will not call anyone a bad mother who does whatever they can to improve their childs life
    its a dammed sight better than living from hand to mouth
  • Options
    BaconAndEggsBaconAndEggs Posts: 9,526
    Forum Member
    gilliedew wrote: »
    It is for his mother to stop her loose ways, not for anyone else, the child is her responsibility.

Aww! I was thinking the good folk of DS had adopted a new outlook on life and embraced the idea that it takes a village to raise a child and were fervently going about their moral duty of care to someone elses. Doh! ya got me.

So you don't care to moderate yourself in order to take a responsibility in the matter and so i can only conclude this condemnation is less about the kid and more about hating Helen by way of bringing a kid into the argument. Disgusting, really.
  • Options
    StrawberryLacesStrawberryLaces Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eva_prior wrote: »

In practise, Helen is doing the choosing, whilst her son ( without making the choice or being allowed to decide that he wants to be an anti- bully person) will most likely have to cope with the bullies.

I was only able to make the distinction when I became a parent. I then realised I had my own principles, beliefs etc. but should not force my kids to promote them at personal cost to themselves.

Absolutely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Doesnt matter if its for fame and the money that comes with it or a pay packet at the end of the month if it makes a better life for your children

and if I had a good body and a face and not much else going for me I may have considered a different route if it ment a better life for my children

I will not call anyone a bad mother who does whatever they can to improve their childs life
    its a dammed sight better than living from hand to mouth

Meh.. I didnt say she was a bad mother anyway I just feel as a parent you should have respect for yourself and the child yu bring into this world.. & not to put that child in certain situations

So are you saying if you had the body you would sell?
  • Options
    zazayazazaya Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh no, let's please not bring her kid into this. Don't like it.
  • Options
    Forum Member

↑ THIS
  • Options
    gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    Bacon&Eggs wrote: »
    Aww! I was thinking the good folk of DS had adopted a new outlook on life and embraced the idea that it takes a village to raise a child and were fervently going about their moral duty of care to someone elses. Doh! ya got me.

So you don't care to moderate yourself in order to take a responsibility in the matter and so i can only conclude this condemnation is less about the kid and more about hating Helen by way of bringing a kid into the argument. Disgusting, really.

I am not the OP, try having a go at all the posters why don't you
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    roseblue1 wrote: »

There - over there.
    Their - belonging to them
    They're - they are.

Anyway, were these brave soldiers forced into serving their country, or did they voluntarily apply to become members of the armed forces?

If they had children, don't you think it was rather selfish of them to choose a career which meant not seeing their children for long periods? Surely they could have chosen a more normal job, just in case they missed a call from Casualty or some other child based disaster waiting to happen. Isn't that what caring parents do? Not go a day without seeing their children?

Except the main concern is the backlash her son will inevitably get from other youngsters who are not mature enough to rationalise the full facts.

For children of armed forces personnel, there will generally be masses of positivity, and goodwill from others, as it's deemed a selfless act that their parents are doing.

Helen's son will be severely taunted, ridiculed and generally bullied for his mother's choice and actions.

It's not a moral issue about Helen's past or present choices, it's just the sad pragmatic facts of reality for her young son.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wotnot wrote: »
    Oh please don't try to pull me into this, I've been reading through the silly arguments on here and I am not interested. I was responding directly to your post and the words in your post that quoted mine - nothing more. I didn't say you were personally judging her, I was defending my opinion.

Good for you love & as everyone on here I am entitled to my own opinion so if you dont like what im saying & have no valid response to me then simply don't reply.
  • Options
    StrawberryLacesStrawberryLaces Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Except the main concern is the backlash her son will inevitably get from other youngsters who are not mature enough to rationalise the full facts.

For children of armed forces personnel, there will generally be masses of positivity, and goodwill from others, as it's deemed a selfless act that their parents are doing.

Helen's son will be severely taunted, ridiculed and generally bullied for his mother's choice and actions.

It's not a moral issue about Helen's past or present choices, it's just the sad pragmatic facts of reality for her young son.

Exactly :(
  • Options
    dog_eat_dogdog_eat_dog Posts: 3,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Children can be bullied for many things - fat parents, old parents, gay parents, poor parents, posh parents, single parents - unfortunately bullies are equal opportunity gits when it comes to taunting their peers. You can't live your life purely to please other people.

That said, I do think there's merit in the point that minimising the chances of putting your children in the firing line is preferable, however more preferable still is bringing up your children not to bully others for things they have no control over.

Besides, my posts were aimed more at the perfect parent brigade who judge other parents by how much time they spend with their children, as if that is some sort of love barometer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Children can be bullied for many things - fat parents, old parents, gay parents, poor parents, posh parents, single parents - unfortunately bullies are equal opportunity gits when it comes to taunting their peers. You can't live your life purely to please other people.

That said, I do think there's merit in the point that minimising the chances of putting your children in the firing line is preferable, however more preferable still is bringing up your children not to bully others for things they have no control over.

Besides, my posts were aimed more at the perfect parent brigade who judge other parents by how much time they spend with their children, as if that is some sort of love barometer.

Yet spend plenty of their time fighting on forums about reality tv shows ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it funny those who come on a thread and start posting before reading what was previously said. Someone else tried to make out if it was a father it would be a different situation or no one would react the same.. a parent is a parent.. man or women.. mother or father.. regardless should always have their child in mind while doing/saying certain things on television.

The reason why no one has mentioned a father ex housemate is cause we are discussing this series of big brother and until another series comes out n shows a father with a horrible past acting in such a way on big bro then we can all jump on DS and discuss.

Yeah whatever. Women are judged more harshly than men - see it all the time.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member

So is just Helen that shouldn't go on BB or all mothers :confused: and what about fathers if they are looking for fame.

This would only work if Helen knew that her son will be bullied as a result of her being on BB. I imagine that like you she thinks she is making the best decisions for her child.
    zazaya wrote: »
    Oh no, let's please not bring her kid into this. Don't like it.

:D The thread is entitled 'Does Helen Have a kid'? Maybe you shouldn't have clicked on it ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Perfect post except your last paragraph!

We've all dovetailed into one point of agreement - aaaah nice!

Life's hard enough for young souls, why would a parent do things which have a seriously high potential to make their own child's life even harder?

I must admit, I'm kinda seeing the same message from most of the posters you have been counter-viewing on this thread.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »
    It's embarrassing to see how desperate some people are to put her down
    You're right, this thread is embarrassing.
    Especially the part where a parent leaving their child to go on a reality TV show was likened to a parent leaving their child to go and fight on the front line in Afghanistan.
    I still can't get away with that. Utterly ludicrous.
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member

I think the problem is that being a parent and making the right choices can be difficult and nobody wants to think that their way is not the best, but different things work for different people and most children do well either because of or in spite of the parents choices, proving that there is no "right" or "wrong" way.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's the difference though. You had to work.
    It's not as though you left them to join a tacky reality show and be filmed acting like an aggressive, bullying tart for your kids to see.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Addisonian wrote: »
    You're right, this thread is embarrassing.
    Especially the part where a parent leaving their child to go on a reality TV show was likened to a parent leaving their child to go and fight on the front line in Afghanistan.
    I still can't get away with that. Utterly ludicrous.

But isnt that judging how the parent makes a living? A young child isnt going to know the difference between being left by a soldier, air hostess, oil rig worker or prostitute.
    Some might say it is irresponsible to risk death when you have a child. (just for arguments sake.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Addisonian wrote: »
    That's the difference though. You had to work.
    It's not as though you left them to join a tacky reality show and be filmed acting like an aggressive, bullying tart for your kids to see.

I suspect that she acts like a "bullying aggressive tart " all the time, filmed or not. :D