Dark matter (syfy- US pace)

124»

Comments

• Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty good finale :)

First ep:

So, Wil Wheaton's character created two, only for her to escape and kill several people in the process (twice :D ).

I think Wheaton and co. were missing the obvious as to why she killed people and whether she had a "flaw", though: They saw her as a creation, as a thing, but she is a self-aware and sentient being, who obviously would not have wanted to have been experimented on and be kept imprisoned, so *of course* she wanted to escape.

As for why she was created...

The old man that Wheaton talked to at the end was dying, and was using the latest of a line of short-lived clone bodies.

So, Two was presumably created as a prototype for a long-lived and superior replacement body for the old man.

Perhaps standard cloning tech simply can't make clones that are not short-lived, or perhaps his illness is genetic and so would pass to any clone.

And now the old man and Wheaton are after the crew..

I wonder if we'll see the new prototype that Wheaton mention in season 2?

Second ep:

I liked how it kept you guessing about who the "traitor" was, and I was surprised to see it was Six.

Why did he do it, though? Guilt over the planet that blew up? A deal to get out of his own past terrorism charges?

I wonder if it was Six that Two and Four were discussing killing in Five's recording?
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^when the 'traitor' was revealed I didn't get a sense of "of course it was him, it shoulda been obvious". Maybe it was a fake-Six and next Season will flashback to the point when he was switched - will do a marathon rewatch some time to pin-point when the exchange could've occurred.
  • Oscar_Oscar_ Posts: 3,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good final 2 episodes and Dark Matter has turned out to be one of the highlights of the summer viewing. Better than Killjoys by a nose for me although I hope both get second seasons.

I suppose the only reason not to be surprised that six is the dodgy one is that it usually turns out to be one of those that you suspect the least and he always seemed to be more "cuddly" than most of the others (It was never going to be one or three was it?). Of course it could be some part of a master plan by him to infiltrate the Galactic Authority with the team and launch some sort of attack from the inside.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Pretty good finale :)

Second ep:

I liked how it kept you guessing about who the "traitor" was, and I was surprised to see it was Six.

Why did he do it, though? Guilt over the planet that blew up? A deal to get out of his own past terrorism charges?

I wonder if it was Six that Two and Four were discussing killing in Five's recording?

Back when we got his flashback to when he was with the rebels/terrorists I wondered if Six was an undercover GA agent (must have been in the UK thread) so he was always my top suspect in this episode.

Looks like I might well be right.

If that is the case though I wonder when did he get his memory back?

It could well have been him Two and Four were talking about on the recording but could just as easily be One.

If he is GA I wonder if he'll spend Season 2 hunting the others down (after they escape in s2 ep1) or maybe the GA wants to recruit the whole crew to send them on missions they need deniability on.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good point. I hadn't even thought about him being undercover for the GA.
  • playitagainplayitagain Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    hope this comes back for a 2nd series yes it has flaws but overall thoroughly enjoyable hokum. :)
  • hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    I think he looked on the computer once she fell asleep and maybe contacted them before she woke up.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think those guys are rebels rather than GA and 6 is using them so he can finally kill the general. Once that is sorted he will get his friends back.
  • MaccaMacca Posts: 18,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hope this comes back for a 2nd series yes it has flaws but overall thoroughly enjoyable hokum. :)

You are in luck it has been renewed for a second season.
  • hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    The synopsis reads that one of them turns on the group. I think that is very telling. Why would they put that in the synopsis unless they wanted you to think that? I think he has turned on the group.

Also glad that it has been renewed. I know a few weeks back the actor who plays 3 said he and his agent were trying to get him a bigger role in season 2.