Options

Prisoner Cell Block H

Comments

• Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Paul Reid, shame he fell ill so couldn't continue, he was from Hartlepool, up here in the NthEast.

Did anyone notice in episode 512, when Judy was on the piano, she started playing the prisoner theme tune :D
  • Options
    VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lil lexie wrote: »
    Isn't Suzie Numbskull the most tedious character ever to have graced Wentworth?
    Last night she did the air vent escape. As I've mentioned before, I thought she died a horrible death but it appears that was just a case of wishful thinking. :(

On the plus side though, Kate Peterson is giving some wonderfully creepy moments. That confrontation on the stairwell with Winters, with the creepy music and the moody lighting - Hitchcock couldn't have done a better job. :p

Bea (and Doreen) are back off their holiday, lol, I meant stint in the pound and the furs about to fly again over the role of top dog.

Heather's flipped, they say because of her husband leaving but I have my suspicions that it's the fact that she heard Lil Stokes talking that might have sent her over the edge - the womans been in there for 3 years and hasn't uttered a word until now!!:p

Doreen for me. I really felt like throwing stuff at the TV. She was like a horrible spoiled 8 year old! I remember reading that the character started to annoy Colette Mann too.

Kate Peterson was brilliant. I loved the way she talked to Mrs Davidson. And those mad eyes....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Doreen, loved her and Frankie Doyle on the run, dressed as nuns :D
  • Options
    ChuckyBlackhartChuckyBlackhart Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me by far the worst character is Merle Jones.

Absolutely unbearable and ruins every scene she's in.

The end era would have been much better if it wasn't for her. :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    will2510 wrote: »
    Just finished 516 - Bobbie Mitchell gone and Ettie Parslow has arrived :D.

Watched that one last night (was 514), Bobbie going was quick, called into Reno, told someone was coming to see her, who turned out to be Stan The Man, as he'd applied for her to be out on license to him as they'd agreed, then its the board meeting and out!.
  • Options
    will2510will2510 Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    Watched that one last night (was 514), Bobbie going was quick, called into Reno, told someone was coming to see her, who turned out to be Stan The Man, as he'd applied for her to be out on license to him as they'd agreed, then its the board meeting and out!.

Ah, I thought I had got the episode numbers mixed up. :D Up to 520 now, Myra's thrown a hissy fit because everyone isn't speaking to her (or so she thinks) but they've done a surprise party for her 40th birthday(!!):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, I thought I had got the episode numbers mixed up. :D Up to 520 now, Myra's thrown a hissy fit because everyone isn't speaking to her (or so she thinks) but they've done a surprise party for her 40th birthday(!!):D

I thought she was older than that, looks it :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Ettie Parslows a fruit loop, she still thinks WWII is on :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    Voynich wrote: »
    Doreen for me. I really felt like throwing stuff at the TV. She was like a horrible spoiled 8 year old! I remember reading that the character started to annoy Colette Mann too.

Kate Peterson was brilliant. I loved the way she talked to Mrs Davidson. And those mad eyes....

yes, Doreen has been getting rather annoying lately too, mainly due to the fact that she hasn't been given any decent story lines for the past 50 odd episodes, so we're subjected to endless childish tantrums or hilarious:rolleyes: on screen antics, like setting fire to her mattress to get into solitary .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nola McKenzie's at her evil best after killing poor Paddy just so she could stay in Wentworth and avoid the death penalty in Westen Australia. But watch out for Bea and soldering irons! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The soldering iron makes makes a comeback later on! :eek:

Just watched Myras bday party, and poor Sams death :(
  • Options
    Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lil lexie wrote: »
    yes, Doreen has been getting rather annoying lately too, mainly due to the fact that she hasn't been given any decent story lines for the past 50 odd episodes, so we're subjected to endless childish tantrums or hilarious:rolleyes: on screen antics, like setting fire to her mattress to get into solitary .

Luckily, I have just moved past the episodes where Doreen is released and leaves the series.

Unluckily, I am fully aware she does return for a cameo stint in about 50 episodes time and then returns again for a longer stint in the mid 400's (which was actually my first exposure to her back when I used to watch it on ITV about 20 years ago)
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a small question (or rather questions) about this show. As the main prisoners were all housed in H-Block, where was the rest of the prison? Was Erica (later Ann and others) the governor of the whole place, and if so, why were prisoners transferred to other blocks never seen again? Did each of these other blocks have their own laundries, rec rooms, etc?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    I have a small question (or rather questions) about this show. As the main prisoners were all housed in H-Block, where was the rest of the prison? Was Erica (later Ann and others) the governor of the whole place, and if so, why were prisoners transferred to other blocks never seen again? Did each of these other blocks have their own laundries, rec rooms, etc?

They were the Govs of all the blocks, and i think they do have their own rec rooms at least, as later on in the series, they are in another blocks rec room, where we see Dot Farrar for the first time, before shes transferred to H block.
  • Options
    soapboyz2005soapboyz2005 Posts: 5,152
    Forum Member
    A light bit of comic relief.:D
    I loved Agnes, quite a whirlwind and very funny :)
  • Options
    robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »

If you think too much about it - you realise it doesn't make sense
    The show kinda makes out H Block is the whole prison but people are transferred to other blocks but nobody cares about them lol
    It would have to mean all the other blocks eat, shower and have recreation at different times
    At one point Joan talks to Ann about moving a prisoner to "our block" meaning H Block which makes no sense. Suggesting every block has it's own governor and officers etc etc - clearly impossible
    You just have to go along with it
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Ettie! I'm surprised to hear people didn't like her.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you think too much about it - you realise it doesn't make sense
    The show kinda makes out H Block is the whole prison but people are transferred to other blocks but nobody cares about them lol
    It would have to mean all the other blocks eat, shower and have recreation at different times
    At one point Joan talks to Ann about moving a prisoner to "our block" meaning H Block which makes no sense. Suggesting every block has it's own governor and officers etc etc - clearly impossible
    You just have to go along with it

We often got to see the mothers and babies unit and we did see D Block once prior to Dot Farrar being sent to H Block.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Ettie! I'm surprised to hear people didn't like her.

I thought she was great to :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The episodes I'm up to are all very "domestic" at the moment with Colleen having left her husband and moved in with Meg, and now the baby left on the doorstep of the halfway house is Judy's grandson. Not only can her daughter not cope with him because he's deaf, she's probably going round the twist because her husband has a new head. :D
  • Options
    GoldenBoy81GoldenBoy81 Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    I'm up to Ep 672, can't believe I've only 20 to go! Alf Stewart (in his 4th or 5th re-incarnation haha) is one evil baaaaastard. I watched as a kid but only up to some point in the Myra Desmond era, never saw these eps before and I only really remembered Bea/Lizzie/Dor/Judy. I wish I didn't know how Ep 692 finishes up but unfortunately I couldn't help myself and had a sneak peek about 300 eps ago. I have come across an alternative ending online (which I haven't watched yet), it has very good comments so looking forward to seeing that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ms Katt wrote: »
    The episodes I'm up to are all very "domestic" at the moment with Colleen having left her husband and moved in with Meg, and now the baby left on the doorstep of the halfway house is Judy's grandson. Not only can her daughter not cope with him because he's deaf, she's probably going round the twist because her husband has a new head. :D

Totally different bloke isn't it :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mass clearout just happened. Marlene and Matt just got married, Matt and Frank been transferred. Marlene released along with Geoff and Judy.

But wait.... here comes the Barnhurst 5. Vaguely remember these episodes the first time round, so will see what I can remember.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mass clearout just happened. Marlene and Matt just got married, Matt and Frank been transferred. Marlene released along with Geoff and Judy.

But wait.... here comes the Barnhurst 5. Vaguely remember these episodes the first time round, so will see what I can remember.:D

Im not far off those episodes, onto 527. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    Im not far off those episodes, onto 527. :p

Oh, and a certain Ruth Ballinger...:eek: