Rita Ora - ORA (Album Discussion Thread)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 447
Forum Member
I noticed that there isn't a thread for this so I thought I'd make one.

Rita releases her debut album through Roc Nation on the 27th of August.

Album cover:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Rita_Ora_ORA.jpg

Tracklist:

1. Facemelt (Intro)
2. Roc The Life
3. How We Do (Party)
4. RIP (feat. Tiniest Tempah)
5. Radioactive
6. Shine Ya Light
7. Love & War (feat. J Cole)
8. Uneasy
9. Fall In Love (feat. Will.I.Am)
10. Been Lying
11. Hello, Hi, Goodbye
12. Hot Right Now (with DJ Fresh)

Deluxe bonus tracks:

13. Crazy Girl
14. Young, Sexy and Single
15. Meet Ya (Acoustic)
16. ORA Track by Track Interview

Is anyone else excited to hear this? Any track titles that stand out particularly?

I'm mostly looking forward to Radioactive as its written by Sia who I love and Uneasy because it's written by the Ting Tings so it should be quite interesting.

Comments

• BodyElectric.BodyElectric. Posts: 2,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't WAIT for her album, I've been waiting ages! :D
  • benana93benana93 Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really dislike the album cover to be honest, and the album name would be better off being "Aura" instead of Ora I think.
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know this is sort of irrelevant but everything she is doing at present screams Rihanna. When I saw the album cover that just tipped it all! I do like her though and will be getting the album.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    benana93 wrote: »
    Really dislike the album cover to be honest, and the album name would be better off being "Aura" instead of Ora I think.

Its called "Ora" because it means time in the country her family originates from and she's been working on it for 3 years. But I agree, the album cover looks weird with Ora written on it twice so I would have preferred a different title.
  • johnboybetterjohnboybetter Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't like her singles so far.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    That album cover is horrendous!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i feel like pop stars would try to actively stop putting pictures of themselves covering an eye on their albums due to the connotation it represents, but clearly they like rumors about them. I'm not too sure how I feel about her yet. I wish she wrote her own songs, but I guess I can understand taking a hit, but her singles are really bland and boring. Hopefully the album is better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    Is there any need to feature Will.i.am the 40 year old robot man? Oh dear..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The album cover looks really similar to Rihanna's Loud cover except it's in black and white.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    please tell me radioactive isnt a kings of leon cover.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I don't like the album cover either but I'm so excited to hear love & war, I bet hers and J.Cole's voices will match perfectly.

Hello, Hi, Goodbye sounds like an interesting title too...
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will give this album a listen. I'm loving Roc The Life at the minute, RIP was okay but I don't like How We Do at all. I just hope it's not an album full of generic party songs. Rita Ora hasn't really excited me much as a popstar so far.
    sjp07 wrote: »
    i feel like pop stars would try to actively stop putting pictures of themselves covering an eye on their albums due to the connotation it represents, but clearly they like rumors about them. I'm not too sure how I feel about her yet. I wish she wrote her own songs, but I guess I can understand taking a hit, but her singles are really bland and boring. Hopefully the album is better.

Excuse my ignorance, but what connotation does putting your hand over your eye send out?
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will give this album a listen. I'm loving Roc The Life at the minute, RIP was okay but I don't like How We Do at all. I just hope it's not an album full of generic party songs. Rita Ora hasn't really excited me much as a popstar so far.

Excuse my ignorance, but what connotation does putting your hand over your eye send out?

Idiots think you're part of the illuminati.
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Wow that album cover makes her look like Rihanna even more
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WHY IS WILL.I.AM INVOLVED IN EVERYTHING EVER MADE?!

I'm looking forward to hearing the album though, was pretty impartial to RIP, but How We Do, Hot Right Now and Roc The Life are brilliant.
  • tennysonpennytennysonpenny Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    That album cover looks like it was done on Instagram.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm excited for this album! I really like How We Do (Party) and Hot Right Now. Shine Ya Light is a cute song and Facemelt is so intense, really aggressive whoa! Rita's got so many different sounds going on, she's so interesting. I had no idea Radioactive was penned by Sia so I'm majorly excited for that. I'm unsure about will.i.am, but will go into that with an open mind. Not long now guys!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll definitely be listening to it when it comes out, really hoping it's gonna be worth the wait.

I was so excited for the studio version of Roc The Life but I think it's so lifeless compared to the live version. Hopefully the rest of the album is good though. :) The album cover is awful though.
    Forum Member
    shn321 wrote: »
    I'll definitely be listening to it when it comes out, really hoping it's gonna be worth the wait.

I was so excited for the studio version of Roc The Life but I think it's so lifeless compared to the live version. Hopefully the rest of the album is good though. :) The album cover is awful though.

Yeah I was disappointed with the studio version of Roc The Life, I'm hoping it grows on me when I purchase the album
    Forum Member
  • ICON111ICON111 Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She's so basic and boring. All of the hype she had and she brings out that trash of an album. All I can hear is a repeat of words in her songs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I'm bored of her. I know she can sing but she's trying too hard to be different & is always in the media because her people put her out & about so tbh, it makes me want to avoid her music.
    Forum Member
    After listening to the previews a few times I am slightly disappointed, its a bit repetitive but its still a pretty solid debut effort! Looking forward to hearing the full radioactive, shine ya light, uneasy and facemelt
  • troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello Hi Goodbye sounds the best out of those clips I will wait to hear them all in full to make a proper judgement though
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm bored of her. I know she can sing but she's trying too hard to be different & is always in the media because her people put her out & about so tbh, it makes me want to avoid her music.

I'm the same. I really want to get into her as it seems everyone else is but I really don't see the appeal? nothing about her sticks out to me. I will give the album a spin but I don't understand her hype.