Options

Grimmy Nicked Moyles Idea....( Radio One )

occyoccy Posts: 65,190
Forum Member
✭✭
BBC Radio 1 breakfast presenter Nick Grimshaw has just announced he’s taking the show on the road in the run up to Radio 1′s Big Weekend.

He’ll visit Bangor, Maidstone, Swindon and Derry~Londonderry with a number of artists and special guests for his first ever Radio 1 Breakfast Show Tour.

During the four date UK tour Nick will broadcast special shows from previous Big Weekend host cities, with 2012 X Factor semi-finalists Union J set to perform at the first date in Bangor. Other guests set to make an appearance appear during the tour will be announced in the coming weeks.

Grimmy will be going back to the class-room and presenting his show from local schools, in front of an invited audience on the Bangor, Maidstone and Swindon dates. The final show in the tour will come from Radio 1’s Academy in Derry~Londonderry, which is opening its doors from 11th – 17th May.

Nick Grimshaw said: “I can’t wait to go wild on tour with some of my favourite popstars and it’ll be great to meet the good listeners of Radio 1!”

http://radiotoday.co.uk/2013/04/nick-grimshaw-takes-radio-1-show-on-tour/

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's probably a Radio 1 idea.

I'd be more irritated if Grimmy was doing Car Park Catchphrase and Lets Get Ready To Ramble.
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Typical that he is doing a tour of SCHOOLS

The breakfast show targetting the youngest part of the target audience yet again, it's embarrassing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    I suppose it's a good idea, if they get school kids to know about his show. Yes, Radio 1 are targeting the lower age...but they want them to stick around - so why not?

Was the imaging of the show updated today? I didn't hear much...but I swear the "Radio 1 Breakfast Show With Nick Grimshaw" was only a female voice (when previously male and female).
  • Options
    dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the original idea this is "nicked" from even pre-dates Moyles' birth. Radio 1 Club?
  • Options
    james_watersjames_waters Posts: 1,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I saw it was doing schools I said "well that is me well & truly out of Radio One" they don't want me no more. Fair enough. It is like a split with a girlfriend. We were still mates. I even thought we could sort things but now. Now she has moved on. I will always remember her. The good times we had. I am going to Radio 2. We have a mutual friend in Sara Cox.
  • Options
    simon243simon243 Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »
    The breakfast show targetting the youngest part of the target audience yet again, it's embarrassing.

No it's not, it makes perfect sense.

The BBC Trust has ordered Radio 1 to lower the average age of its listeners.

Aiming much younger is the only way to achieve that - they finally succeed in alienating most of the 30 and 40-somethings who refuse to give up on their youth and at the same time attract a new generation of kids who could stick with the station for the next decade or more.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    j10cool10 wrote: »
    I suppose it's a good idea, if they get school kids to know about his show. Yes, Radio 1 are targeting the lower age...but they want them to stick around - so why not?

Was the imaging of the show updated today? I didn't hear much...but I swear the "Radio 1 Breakfast Show With Nick Grimshaw" was only a female voice (when previously male and female).

As far as I remember it was only ever a woman before? It's a new woman now though, they talked about it a bit this morning.
  • Options
    Station IDStation ID Posts: 7,411
    Forum Member
    I'd like the op to explain how this was a Moyles udea. Radio statiobs have been doing things like this since Moyles was at school himself.
  • Options
    jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame they are not live from one location for a week. When Moyles and the team were live from the manors in Bangor, Swindon... it was my favourite week! I would watch the webcam the whole show and the whole day- eg waking Dave up, when they did the mid-week chart once they wrote the brand SKY on their jackets and it was very funny and the whole radio1 team came and joined in the fun and you almost felt part of the team and the jokes