Options

Will You Be Getting Drunk On Christmas Day?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Well will ya? :p

Comments

• Options
    Tom_BasilTom_Basil Posts: 982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, I am working.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No...
  • Options
    Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't drink much and have never been drunk, so no. I will have a glass or two of wine but that's enough for me. :)
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Christmas is the day we do family things and maybe have an evening drink, But New years eve I shall be absolutely trashed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh ^_^
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Champagne for breakfast. After that though I won't be having any alcohol until after about 6pm. I absolutely love xmas and get so excited...I'm like a child!! I eat and drink like a mad man...I love it!! I'll be drunk on xmas day, but won't start drinking until properly until after about 6pm this year.
  • Options
    vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From breakfast time with any luck.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have had to quit with the devils juice. Although on Christmas day I might make an exception and fall off the wagon. Then again it always lands me in bother, so would be best if I didn't.
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    No...
  • Options
    _Ash__Ash_ Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SJ_Mental wrote: »
    But New years eve I shall be absolutely trashed.

Out of curiosity and as someone who doesn't drink a massive amount, can I ask why?
  • Options
    vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _Ash_ wrote: »
    Out of curiosity and as someone who doesn't drink a massive amount, can I ask why?

I'm supposed to be jumping into the sea on NY's day. For that reason I shall be attempting to have an alcohol induced fatal accident on Hogmanay.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be drinking throughout the day, but won't be trashed. Bucks fizz for breakfast, a few glasses of wine and prosecco with dinner and a few glasses of wine or a cosmopolitan infront of the telly and in the bath before bed
  • Options
    paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    Well will ya? :p

No I hate the feeling of being drunk.
  • Options
    _Ash__Ash_ Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vosne wrote: »
    I'm supposed to be jumping into the sea on NY's day. For that reason I shall be attempting to have an alcohol induced fatal accident on Hogmanay.

Sounds like a good enough reason to me :D
  • Options
    PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am the designated driver on Christmas Day.
  • Options
    trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, yes, and yes.

Will be trying to moderate it until I've cooked the salmon souffle with parmesan crisps, beef en croute, aubergine parmigana (for the pesky veggie) and and endless number of accompaniments.

Loads of wine with lunch as I can't be arsed with dessert - it's a Heston pud with orange that will be bunged in the microwave.

Thereafter oblivion until Christmas 2014.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have had to quit with the devils juice. Although on Christmas day I might make an exception and fall off the wagon. Then again it always lands me in bother, so would be best if I didn't.

How come you've quit?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I will be drunk. I am doing the cooking this year and there is a lot of expectation with my menu, so won't be getting sozzled till later on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How come you've quit?

Because it was interfering with my studies. Spending the weekend hammered meant I was falling behind with my degree. It is last chance saloon for an education for me.

It was also crippling me with hangovers that I no longer have the ability to cope with.

I love getting drunk but it hates me!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because it was interfering with my studies. Spending the weekend hammered meant I was falling behind with my degree. It is last chance saloon for an education for me.

It was also crippling me with hangovers that I no longer have the ability to cope with.

I love getting drunk but it hates me!:D

Haha the joys of getting old! We can't handle it anymore! I remember the day's I could get blotto 5-6 days on the trot, but no more! Anyway glad you're back :)
  • Options
    biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt it. Not this year.

I'll be going to my mum's and helping to cook the dinner.

Normally on Christmas day I get smashed on Martinis while my husband cooks the dinner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha the joys of getting old! We can't handle it anymore! I remember the day's I could get blotto 5-6 days on the trot, but no more! Anyway glad you're back :)

I have not missed it (the drinking) to be honest, although it is early days.

I still have a can every now and again before tea but I have got to apply myself no to my studies.

Also I was drinking far too much. First thing I did was straight in the fridge for alcohol!
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. I tend to eat too much on Christmas Day and when im too full I struggle to squeeze even alcohol down my throat. But - I won't let the side down over the rest of the holidays :-)
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not on Christmas but on New years eve i will.
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _Ash_ wrote: »

Because I am not really allowed to drink for medical reasons, But I am allowed to have rare one offs, So I am looking forward to an evening out with friends where I shall take full advantage of the one off ;-):blush: