Options

Dominic Power shoe in for Villain of the Year?

2»

Comments

• Options
    sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dominic Power made Cameron an amazing character certainly one I would not have liked to come across on a dark night or in a swimming pool come to that !!!..So for me it's definitely Dominic Power to win Villain of the year..
  • Options
    barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    kjg1995 wrote: »
    Viewership doesn't really play much of a part anymore for the viewer voted awards (hence why Hollyoaks won some last year with the smallest viewers) so I don't think Janine will win it just by being in Eastenders.

It also seems via looking on social media that even though Hollyoaks have three up for it a lot of the fans have chosen to give their vote to Anna Passey rather than the other two nominees and in this day and age of young people creating several email addresses to give multiple votes I wouldn't count Anna Passey out just yet.

I think you can, Hollyoaks could never produce something as brilliant as Cameron/Dominic was. Even when it comes to acting too.
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    barrcode88 wrote: »
    I think you can, Hollyoaks could never produce something as brilliant as Cameron/Dominic was. Even when it comes to acting too.

It's not about quality though. Yes, Cameron/Dominic was brilliant. Yes, the Sienna stuff was absolute tosh (tho' Anna's acting was OK). But if a whole bunch of Hollyoaks viewers are creating hundreds of extra accounts to vote for their favourite, possibly thousands, (and I've heard they are), then she'll win.

I wish it wasn't true, because Dominic deserves it, or the actress who played Janine, but it's not about that. It just comes down to numbers and who's most determined to manipulate them. If it was panel-voted, it'd be a different story.
  • Options
    Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janine my fave to win. If not Cameron
  • Options
    foxy23foxy23 Posts: 4,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope so!! He was amazing as Cameron Murray!!!
  • Options
    sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not about quality though. Yes, Cameron/Dominic was brilliant. Yes, the Sienna stuff was absolute tosh (tho' Anna's acting was OK). But if a whole bunch of Hollyoaks viewers are creating hundreds of extra accounts to vote for their favourite, possibly thousands, (and I've heard they are), then she'll win.

I wish it wasn't true, because Dominic deserves it, or the actress who played Janine, but it's not about that. It just comes down to numbers and who's most determined to manipulate them. If it was panel-voted, it'd be a different story.

Hollyoak fan's must be very desperate people !!!
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    I am hoping Cameron wins it - he was seriously desperate and deranged and played by an actor whom I admit I found dull at first, but boy did he surpass any of my expectations!
  • Options
    Ozboz3Ozboz3 Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's between him and Janine. I don't watch Emmerdale so I don't know if his fan base can match Janine's. Hoping Janine will win anyway:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sorrento wrote: »
    Hollyoak fan's must be very desperate people !!!

Determined I guess.

Still want Dominic to win though. Come on Cameron, you amazing psycho! :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member

Hollyoaks vote is split, people may say so and so has agreed whatever, but it still doesn't take away the fact its split.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    barrcode88 wrote: »
    Hollyoaks vote is split, people may say so and so has agreed whatever, but it still doesn't take away the fact its split.

Yep, that's true. We'll see. I've got my fingers crossed for Dominic anyway.
  • Options
    samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If multiple votes allow for the worse villain to win... well, at least we know that Cameron actually deserves it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Janine is the favourite with The Mirror, she was good but a bit panto and not as convincing as Cameron.
  • Options
    wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,774
    Forum Member
    Dominic was robbed last night.
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    wuffles wrote: »
    Dominic was robbed last night.

He did deserve to win :( he was such a terrifying villain.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Emmerdale just can't catch a break can they?