Options

Marine Le Pen and the rise of far-right parties

2»

Comments

• Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    barrcode88 wrote: »
    One things for sure, centrism is dying, as the people want more radical change, left or right.

l hope you don't think that's a good idea.
    Jol44 wrote: »
    Scary.

The BNP lasted only one term here after greater public exposure and the same might happen to the vichyste Sea Slag's lot.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barrcode88 wrote: »
    One things for sure, centrism is dying, as the people want more radical change, left or right.

I don't know about that. I just think people want more political engagement with 'elites.' People don't like to be dismissed by those in the echelons of power time and time again.
    I personally don't think someone has to be white to be English, but people can't have their cake and eat it either. If they maintain a connection to their ancestors foreign culture, or country, then they are British and not English. Many ethnic minorities choose to do this because they don't want to give up their historical cultural identity.

France is a country which has had high immigration but little integration. Most migrants seem to be trapped in council estates, in no go areas, rejected by the mainstream part of the country for jobs etc. It's similar in Sweden, where they welcome asylum seekers, but once their settled, they ignore them and wonder why they riot.

This is about firstly prioritising multiculturalism for years and secondly not linking immigration to integration, never mind infrastructure or resources. The government lets them in, does not have the consent of the people, then gets upset when the people just ignore them or move away, because they were not asked.

As for Europe being for whites, I am of a view that the whole world can mix up if it wants, but that is not what is happening, either racially, religiously or ethnically. London is about 40% ethnic group white English British i.e. the native ethnic group in England. The cities migrants come from are not any thing like as multi ethnic.

The solution to all this is to reduce immigration, spread it over a much greater period of time and be far more equal and selective. We should ditch the EU free movement rules, forget our historic link with the commonwealth and have a global immigration policy with every country capped for more diversity. Every one should be judged on merit although more weight should be given cap wise to countries where Britons have migrated too, Balanced migration is an important factor.

If I was French I would probably consider voting for Front National, simply because I would want to protect the cultural identity, traditions and history of my country, not because I dislike foreigners. How can migrants criticise me when the cultural identities in their home countries are not under threat? If the mainstream parties made me a better offer I would vote for them. People vote out of desperation when ignored. Calling them racist is pointless as that is not their motivation, it is the failure of the mainstream parties to manage immigration and integration in a proper way.

I'm second-generation British born (my grandparents are from the Caribbean) - our family like to eat West-Indian food; I wouldn't say this one factor makes us (or me) 'having our cake and eating it' (for a start I also eat British food, and I'd identify as English first and foremost). However, I do think there are certain cultural issues that have arisen with immigration in the last decade or so that have made integration (along with the pace and degree of immigration) difficult.

I agree on your assessment of France - I've heard of the riots in Clichy, and the infamous 'Banlieues.' I wonder why France has had so many issues with integration - both they and the UK have obviously had high levels of those from former colonies coming in; but despite the UK's issues with immigration the situation (to me) seems worse in France.