i think my cat is slipping away.....

annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
Forum Member
what do i do? he seems peaceful and not in any distress and i have him in a quilt on my lap, he`s 15 and was a runt so i think it probably is his time, he hasn`t been ill.

i really don`t want to take him to the vet because the journey would really make him distressed, but obviously i will if that`s what seems best [when everything is open].

i don`t know what to do.

just to add, he`s been "old-cat-thin" for about a year and a half so i know it`s on the cards.

Comments

• annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    never mind, he`s just died.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Condolences, Annette. Seems like he had an easy passing and a good life so you can take comfort in that.
    RIP little fellow.
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to hear that Annette :(

Sometimes they do just go peacefully & that's the best way I think. Much better than a distressing Vet's trip if they aren't suffering.

Take Care xx
    Forum Member
    thank you lovelies, you`re all very kind.

i`m away to an animal loving friend`s soon for a bit of a wallow and wail.
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annette, just seen this. Take care of yourself. xxx No consolation, but that is the best end possible - at home, peacefully and with the person he loved.
    Forum Member
    thank you hogz.

i think he waited for me to get him up [as it were] to say goodbye because i`ve had to take to shutting out of my room when i`m sleeping because he`d gone a teeny bit senile and taken to pissing on my quilt, clothes and furniture when he got the urge.
  • SmithmanSmithman Posts: 6,184
    Forum Member
    Sorry to read this Annette - as Hogzilla has said, the best way to go was peacefully at home with you :(
  • CRTHDCRTHD Posts: 7,602
    Forum Member
    Sad news Annette. Hugs all-around.

News like this always serves as a kick up the backside, not to take our pets for granted.

Take care.
  • wildpumpkinwildpumpkin Posts: 1,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIP puss :kitty:

Thinking of you Annette
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about your cat Annette it sounds as though your cat had a good life at 15, glad there was no suffering.

Hugs.:kitty:

Richard.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

At least he went peacefully and at home with you and knowing he was loved , what more could anyone ask for.,

My thoughts are with you , not that that helps much at these times as the little buggers leave their paw prints on our hearts don't they.
  • MuzeMuze Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sorry to hear that x

Sounds like he had as peaceful a passing anyone could hope for.

Look after yourself xx
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh how sad! My sympathies Annette. However, that is a much much nicer way for him to go - relaxed and asleep with the human he loves, at home, warm and comfy. It sounds like you have him a lovely life and he wasn't scared or in pain, which is probably all we can do.
  • snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,103
    Forum Member
    aw thinking of you, RIP puss
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    I found you post very upsetting ..... so please find my best wishes at this terrible time....

I have two cats who I love dearly .... there is an age gap and I don't know how I would deal with their loss.

Please find comfort in the fact that your cat felt loved and cared for by being in your presence. Best Wishes.
    Forum Member
    lovely words, all of you thank you so much.
  • nobodyherenobodyhere Posts: 1,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really sorry
    Sometimes they do just go peacefully & that's the best way I think. Much better than a distressing Vet's trip if they aren't suffering.

I can vouch for the above having just made such a trip

Your pal (pet) went peacefully with family (thats you) in their favourite place and (one would hope) with very little suffering that may had only been prolonged by him clinging on until becoming poorly enough to make that visit to vets.

Much better to remember the little one fondly than to go through them being poorly for a prolonged period while the inevitable looms
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,622
    Forum Member
    A page of posts have disappeared. :confused:
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sorry to hear that - but his passing was very peaceful. That is something to be very thankful for.
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sorry for your loss Annette, I think we all know how it feels but rarely have a peaceful passing like that, cannot imagine a better way to go than at home with the person they most love in the world.
  • owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    daisydee wrote: »
    A page of posts have disappeared. :confused:

You may be confusing this thread with the one that was in GD (or Advice, can't remember which now).
  • OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Belated condolences about your cat passing away... :(

It sounded completely peaceful and I suppose you couldn't ask for more than that.
  • wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,773
    Forum Member
    You have my heartfelt sympathy Annette. It's a horrible feeling and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Take care and RIP puss.