Options

My Kichen Rules Australia Season 6

RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
Forum Member
New thread for the new series! Wow see they have been packing the episodes in haven't they but Manu announced this as MKR Aus 2015 so this should bring us bang up to date!

Comments

• Options
    alr837alr837 Posts: 1,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wondered who would cave first and start the thread!

Yes, this one was over not that long ago, which does mean we're going to have to wait ages for the next season!
  • Options
    cikacika Posts: 3,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RFS wrote: »
    New thread for the new series! Wow see they have been packing the episodes in haven't they but Manu announced this as MKR Aus 2015 so this should bring us bang up to date!

Thanks for starting the thread.

Wildly melodramatic introduction! Gives it a lot to live up to.

I love hearing the names of some of these places - I thought Neighbour's had made Mt Isa up. :blush:
  • Options
    clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    A bit of a break wouldn't have gone a miss

This is the 3rd series back to back isn't it?
  • Options
    Tess-gTess-g Posts: 29,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I keep getting the most posts in each thread, there was no way I was starting it as well :-D

Anyone think that lamb rack might have gone in the oven just a tad early?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    clm2071 wrote: »
    A bit of a break wouldn't have gone a miss

This is the 3rd series back to back isn't it?

It is... I feel as though I have had this in my Sky plus for-EVA!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can you believe... This is the first thread I have ever started!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Mazel tov!

Egg in the rosti - controversial. (I'm about 10/15 mins behind atm.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay! Congratulations and thanks for starting this one.

First time we've had a father and daughter team, I think
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we have a C&K lite in Ash and Camilla, I wonder.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cika wrote: »
    Do we have a C&K lite in Ash and Camilla, I wonder.
    Having read a little of what C & K have been through since the last series, that might be a mistake but it certainly seams that way at the moment.

When Jac looks sideways at Shaz she reminds me of someone but I can't put my finger on who.

First course a success by the sounds of it. That rosti certainly had crunch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tess-g wrote: »
    Having read a little of what C & K have been through since the last series, that might be a mistake but it certainly seams that way at the moment.

When Jac looks sideways at Shaz she reminds me of someone but I can't put my finger on who.

First course a success by the sounds of it. That rosti certainly had crunch.

Ohh that sounds intriguing? What have they been through?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty well got a bad reaction from the population of Australia if you believe Kelly. She's had to move back home as she is broke.

"The duo was portrayed as the knifing, bullying pair of this season, with angry viewers threatening to boycott the show after it was revealed they made it through to the highly anticipated grand final. But Ramsay blamed the editing, believing the show portrayed the pair in an excessively negative light.

“I think they took it too far this year with the whole villain thing. All the show is real essentially, it’s a lot of editing and creative characters. Things are often taken out of context,” she said.

“You never saw us cry when anybody left, you never heard anything positive come out of our mouths. We said a lot of positive things and we cried on several occasions when people left the show. By taking that out it made us look like super-negative people”.

Editors can't edit what isn't said but I suppose they can be selective in what they show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ohh that sounds intriguing? What have they been through?

This was the article I read - .http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/the-dark-side-of-my-kitchen-rules-kelly-ramsay-reveals-shes-broke-and-has-been-bullied-since-shows-finale/story-fn8yvfst-1226910404003

I'm sorry for Chloe and wouldn't wish hardship or bullying on anyone but while anything nice she said I'm sure was edited out, she still said the unkind and ungenerous things she was shown saying and behaved badly - they weren't CGI'd in. Anyone going onto a reality TV programme these days must be aware that they'll be edited and that a lot of the public will react to it. They must know to proceed with caution, if they have half a brain.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This was the article I read - .http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/the-dark-side-of-my-kitchen-rules-kelly-ramsay-reveals-shes-broke-and-has-been-bullied-since-shows-finale/story-fn8yvfst-1226910404003

I'm sorry for Chloe and wouldn't wish hardship or bullying on anyone but while anything nice she said I'm sure was edited out, she still said the unkind and ungenerous things she was shown saying and behaved badly - they weren't CGI'd in. Anyone going onto a reality TV programme these days must be aware that they'll be edited and that a lot of the public will react to it. They must know to proceed with caution, if they have half a brain.

Yeah I agree. It isn't as though this is the first series and no-one knows what to expect? We have all seen the cocky pair, the rude pair, the irritating pair and this is their moment of fame isn't it. Life changing prize, and the producers are going to go for people that will pull in ratings, but I can't see that is their issue that Kelly is broke? And if her bosses sack her after agreeing to take her on knowing what she was like from the program, that says more about them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heavens, that's half a lamb on each plate! I'm amazed that it still looks pink inside but will it still be tender after sitting for so long? That amount of food would put me off, I have a small appetite.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heavens, that's half a lamb on each plate! I'm amazed that it still looks pink inside but will it still be tender after sitting for so long? That amount of food would put me off, I have a small appetite.

It's a huge serving - looks really unappetising to me! But I don't really like meat anyway and I particularly dislike lamb - even the smell makes me queasy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They like to serve big portions don't they!

28 from the guests

8, 8 for the entree from Pete & Manu

5, 4 for Mains

3, 3 for dessert. Total 59. Not the worst score we've ever seen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oooof harsh marking - but then again blue cheese is a really acquired taste (for me anyway) ... I remember when my uni canteen decided to cheese on toast with Stilton. It was gross!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooof harsh marking - but then again blue cheese is a really acquired taste (for me anyway) ... I remember when my uni canteen decided to cheese on toast with Stilton. It was gross!!!!!
    Cheers for that thought......I've just lost my appetite :cry:

See you Monday 6.45
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lol - I love it and it does go well with pears but not hot in a sweet crumble! Still, not a lowest of the low for a score so they might be OK.

I enjoyed that more than I expected - I think that by the time we got towards the end of the last series all the teams I liked had gone and the ones left I found either unlikeable or dull. I hope a team or two with more interesting personalities - or indeed just personalities - get through a lot further this time.
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've been having a read round to see how the contestants have been doing too, and came across an interview with Paul and Blair (who thought they'd just go back to normal life after the series and are amazed at how in demand they are) and were surprised at the dislike for C&K when they were eliminated. They then saw what they'd been saying to camera and were appalled. They were both very aware that anything they said about the others could well be televised, and as one of them said, there's a filter between your brain and your mouth and it's best to make use of it!

BTW, both Paul and Blair, and the twins, have cook books out; and the twins have opened a restaurant. They say that MKR has provided them with lots of commercial opportunities and it was a privilege to take part.
  • Options
    triton333triton333 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alr837 wrote: »
    Yes, this one was over not that long ago, which does mean we're going to have to wait ages for the next season!

Yes, this series finished in May,
  • Options
    RedRoseRebelRedRoseRebel Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theyre starting the next season now, Manu posted a pic today on twitter. I kinda like pete a bit ruffled.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=665477120220476

I only found the MKR thread towards the end of last series but didnt post, i hope to this series, although like some of you i am a little fatigued with it, a break would have been nice.

I know its early days but dont think too much of this bunch, hopefully they will grow on me. By the end of yesterdays episode the Mt Isa ladies accents were grating a little,

I love aussie accents dont get me wrong but they were quite high pitched so with that inflection at the end of each sentence i thought that maybe only dogs would hear them if they kept talking for much longer. Preferable maybe to the Jess- ayyyyyyy from Bree
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just want to be able to stop counting how many times they can cram 'beautiful' into a sentence.

(I felt a bit sorry for Chloe at the end last series, Bree and Jessseeeyyy were given the mum slot and how hard it was to leave their children - so her being away from her little boy wasn't really mentioned at all. I soon snapped out of it, though!)
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See you Monday 6.45

:o:o

Hope you'll have sobered up by then ? ..........:p

Just popping in to say Happy Birthday Tess :D

Hope you have a fab day !