Kolkata with Sue perkins

BhaveshgorBhaveshgor Posts: 9,312
Forum Member
Lol the woman got so angry at sue for mucking up the clay.
Sue got lucky the translator wasn't translating everything to her.:D

Comments

• A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ghost moment.
  • towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm quite enjoying this, pioniant moment between Sue and the homeless people living at the side of the road.
  • Clarkie66Clarkie66 Posts: 5,892
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed that. I've rarely seen anyone on TV who could get on so well with such a broad range of people and seem to have such genuine conversations. The little girl offering her toy and Sue's reaction was really touching.
  • BhaveshgorBhaveshgor Posts: 9,312
    Forum Member
    Surprised they dropped the cricket segment.
    Sue Perkins went and saw an ipl game in Kolkata she tweeted about it during the game.
    Believe she even done some interviews with ganguly on it.

Very good show.
  • howard hhoward h Posts: 23,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clarkie66 wrote: »
    I really enjoyed that. I've rarely seen anyone on TV who could get on so well with such a broad range of people and seem to have such genuine conversations. The little girl offering her toy and Sue's reaction was really touching.

Yes, that was clearly genuine and unscripted, well done all concerned.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she's better at this kind of documentary than anyone else on television. I feel that the secret is that apart from the very short segues between different sections, it appears to be entirely unscripted; simply Sue giving her off-the-cuff but also very acute observations. Her impromptu interactions with people also come across as very genuine and she simply has the knack of making these enjoyable at the same time as being very educational. People just seem to enjoy her company and it makes it a very enjoyable hour's viewing.
  • enna_genna_g Posts: 2,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't too sure about Sue Perkins doing this to be honest but she was very good. She kept her good humour and down to earth style in all the situations and she was also so genuine with the children.
    She seemed to get on with everyone almost seamlessly. I loved the bit where she was with the laughter group and genuinely couldn't stop laughing - it made me laugh too.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,544
    Forum Member

I just wrote about this in another thread titled (To much Sue Perkins (OWTTE.)

That was so moving and like another poster said she conversed well with everyone she met.

That was a fantastic hours viewing for me.
  • toofasttoofast Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watch sue with Lisa Tarbuck on their Dangerous Roads journey. Excellent chemistry and funny to watch. I think sue got this type of gig off the back of that programme.
  • zsazsazsazsazsazsazsazsa Posts: 667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think she carried off this show very well, she came across as being very warm, genuine and fun. I think the scenes with the kids was very touching too.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    toofast wrote: »
    Watch sue with Lisa Tarbuck on their Dangerous Roads journey. Excellent chemistry and funny to watch. I think sue got this type of gig off the back of that programme.

Yes, she did two of those 'Dangerous Roads' shows. She was also very good with all types of different people in her 4 part series shown earlier this year on BBC2 'The Mekong River with Sue Perkins'

I really enjoyed this programme. She is so natural. The way the children were drawn to her was really nice to see. She's a very open person.

Apparently she has another new series later this year 'Himalaya with Sue Perkins'
  • kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, she did two of those 'Dangerous Roads' shows. She was also very good with all types of different people in her 4 part series shown earlier this year on BBC2 'The Mekong River with Sue Perkins'

I really enjoyed this programme. She is so natural. The way the children were drawn to her was really nice to see. She's a very open person.

Apparently she has another new series later this year 'Himalaya with Sue Perkins'

Sue seems like a very natural and friendly person. I enjoyed this immensely and enjoyed her Dangerous Roads trips too. Looking forward to Himalaya now.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoy most of Sue's programmes, with the exception of Bake off, and love Sue's ability to interact with people from all walks of life, and all parts of the globe, in a way that seems so natural.

I was surprised to read in the paper this week that apparently she has a benign brain tumour, which gives her various problems. You'd never know it from her tv performances.
  • kaob82kaob82 Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed this show, I loved Sue on the supersizers program with Giles always made me laugh
  • saralundsaralund Posts: 3,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed this even more than her Mekong programme. She's very good at engaging people - you can see that they're interacting happily with her rather than being aware of the camera and thus self-conscious. She moves easily between larky fun, and serious discussion. She comes across as a warm, caring and very intelligent person.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,544
    Forum Member
    toofast wrote: »

I will have to watch that. Love Lisa Tarbuck.
  • eluf38eluf38 Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »
    I enjoy most of Sue's programmes, with the exception of Bake off, and love Sue's ability to interact with people from all walks of life, and all parts of the globe, in a way that seems so natural.

I was surprised to read in the paper this week that apparently she has a benign brain tumour, which gives her various problems. You'd never know it from her tv performances.
    It also means she can't have children, which made her meeting with the street children more pogniant. You sense she'd be a great mum.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eluf38 wrote: »
    It also means she can't have children.
    I can't quite see the logic in that.
  • SadeyedSadeyed Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »

Apparently the growth affects the production of reproductive hormones.
  • eluf38eluf38 Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »

Something to do with her pituitary gland and her hormones being affected by the tumour. There was an interview in the paper this week.