2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Button62 wrote: »
    Yes, I love Mr Robinson.

A friend told me that one of the books is being made into a drama with Stephen Tompkinson in the lead role.

NO NO NO No No No No and again, NO !!!!!

That is just so wrong! Banks is far too cerebral to be played by Tomkinson. And it needs someone better looking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    II am also a fan of Inspector Tom Thorne in the Billington novels and am looking forward to seeing how David Morrissey portrays him when the series is aired.

Oooh, that's something to look forward to! I was thinking of suggesting Morrissey for Banks, but decdied that my Insp Banks is better looking than Morrissey.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    too tall
    too young
    too fair

just wrong.

Who would play Banks do you think?

Nathaniel Parker is too posh, but is along the right lines imo. What about that actor who played Sam Strachan in Holby, I can't recall his name?
  • Options
    Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    Isn't it strange how we all differ. I have only recently read my first Lee Child 'Reacher' book as I usually prefer British crime writers. I did quite enjoy it but my mental characterisation of Reacher was nothing like I imagine Tom Thorne to be.

Lee Child is a british writer !

I think you misunderstood my meaning earlier .... what I meant was that I like to picture all my favourite characters in my head and try not to put any actor in the role.