Options

French Actresses...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I hate to start a thread based mainly on the way people look, but the GF and I were watching 'Blue Is The Warmest Colour' earlier with Léa Seydoux (who is apparently the new Bond girl…) in and it dawned on me that not only are most French actresses decent actresses, they’re also extremely attractive and I’m not talking about your Hollywood style of attractiveness, I’m talking natural beauty.

You have the likes of:
- Léa Seydoux
- Marion Cotillard
- Audrey Tautou
- Sophie Marceau
and me personal favourite Eva Green to name but a small few.

Anyone else agree? Anyone disagree? Don't get me wrong I think there are some fantastic actresses (and some attractive ones) in Hollywood too, but there is something naturally beautiful about French actresses.

Maybe I'm just mental....

Comments

• Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good-looking actresses find it easier to get work, then?

Especially in Bond films, as several of those you named indicate.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I think there is a lot of natural beauty there. I have wondered if many of them having mixed race heritage makes a difference.

They have the western bone structure with some of the latin curves and darker skin. Or whatever other mix they are. For whatever reason it seems to highlight the best of each race.

Another thing is that they don't seem to have a problem getting their kit off.
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't watch much French film, but their performers stand out to me. And, are indeed very attractive. They're good at portraying emotion in a very raw state. I like that about them. Plus, just being French (in my eyes) gives them an elegance.
  • Options
    Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Need to mention the Three Colours actresses:

Juliette Binoche
    Julie Delpy
    Irene Jacob (although she's technically a bit Swiss-y)
  • Options
    boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    Audrey Tautou is adorable in Priceless. I love that film :blush:
  • Options
    Flying4XFlying4X Posts: 469
    Forum Member
    To me Audrey Tatou is the loveliest of all.

Charlotte Gainsboug is amazing too and she was wonderful playing Jane Eyre. Compelling and enigmatic.
  • Options
    timebugtimebug Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emmanuelle Beart was superb and beautiful
    as Manon,in 'Manon Des Sources'
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree that French actresses when they're very good looking are absolutely stunning. They even seem to have a sort of 'Frenchness' about their looks if that makes any sense.

I also agree that in films Sophie Marceau and Emmanuell Beart were drop dead gorgeous.
    Not forgetting famous French actresses going back further such as Catherine Deneuve and Brigitte Bardot.
  • Options
    PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emmanuelle beart was stunning i think she may have ruined her face with surgery now though..?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Olga Kurylenko :p
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd say Emmanuelle Beart too. In her younger days, she was astonishingly gorgeous.
  • Options
    bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'd probably like Virginie Ledoyen, she's like an amalgamation of all those you mentioned. And since no one's claiming them, I'll take Adjani and Seigner. :kitty:
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flying4X wrote: »

Charlotte Gainsboug is amazing too and she was wonderful playing Jane Eyre. Compelling and enigmatic.

I once had a dispute on IMDB when I pointed out she was born in London so could equally be considered a British actress. She speaks English with an English accent and usually plays British characters in her english language films.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isabelle Huppert is yet to be mentioned - a fantastic French actress who has been in countless brilliant French films over the last 35 years. Jeanne Moreau is another, one of the great actresses of the French New Wave, along with Anna Karina (though she was born in Denmark).
  • Options
    QuixoticQuixotic Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Audrey Tautou is adorable in Amélie.

Mélanie Laurent and Clémence Poésy are both cute.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    I once had a dispute on IMDB when I pointed out she was born in London so could equally be considered a British actress. She speaks English with an English accent and usually plays British characters in her english language films.

Her mother Jane Birkin is British and her grandparents were British, which makes her British.

Well, technically, she is British-Russian as her father, Serge Gainsbourg (real name: Lucien Ginsburg), was a French-born son of Russian refugees.
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Sandrine Bonnaire who was in Intimate Strangers.
  • Options
    montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, mate most French actresses are munters. Delphine Chaneac, Isabella Adjani, Astrid Berges-Frisbey, Elodie Bouchez, Carole Bouquet, Sara Forestier, Adèle Exarchopoulos, Marion Cotillard, Julie Gayet, Marina Hands, Claire Kiem and Virginie Ledoyen are all uggos.

;-)
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Catherine Deneuve it has to be for me, stunningly beautiful, fantastic actress.
  • Options
    spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    having watched quite a few of them ....... where is the armpit hair ?
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rfonzo wrote: »
    I like Sandrine Bonnaire who was in Intimate Strangers.

Oh, I loved Sandrine Bonnaire, which reminds me to mention Romane Bohringer, Fanny Ardant and Anouk Aimee. I adored all those as well as Charlotte Gainsbourg during the 1980s and 1990s.

Sophie Marceau, Emmanuelle Beart and Isabella Adjani were too out-of-the-world for me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bluefb wrote: »
    You'd probably like Virginie Ledoyen, she's like an amalgamation of all those you mentioned.

^^ Oh bugger yeah I forgot about her! Yeah, I'd add her to me list too. ;-)
    Flying4X wrote: »

^^ I have a bit of thing for Eva Green, but hell Audrey Tatou is gorgeous! She looks amazing in that Chanel Advert..... I don't usual watch the adverts, but if that one is on I will watch the whole thing. I saw Audrey being interviewed on British TV a while back and her English is adorable... ;-):D
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I'll throw in what might not be a well known name.

Vanessa Demouy.
    She was the Lara Croft model for a while.

I remember her most from some French show in the mid/late 90s when I could pick up the foreign channels.

http://www.listal.com/vanessa-demouy/pictures
  • Options
    nightporternightporter Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cecile de france - Around the World in 80 Days, Switchblade Romance/Haute tension

Ludivine Sagnier - Swimming Pool
  • Options
    AdamskAdamsk Posts: 1,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some good picks here some of mine.

Clotide Hesme.

Virginie Efira.

Julie Depardieu.

Jenna Thiam.

Yara Pilartz.

Anna Mouglaslie