Fleur's won this no question?

sorrellsorrell Posts: 603
Forum Member
✭✭
After watching last night's show, it stood out more than ever. I know she's been primped and pimped from the word go, but last night she took the reins for herself and totally ran with it!

Looking at the last night's show, the other performers were simply mediocre and lacklustre, especially Ben who has been my absolute favourite throughout.

Fleur = Star, the rest are just the rest. I think Ben and Lauren will be bottom two tonight and more than likely it'll be Lauren that will go, however at the end of the day who ever's in the final with Fleur will only be there to make up numbers!

Comments

• collide101collide101 Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    I agree with you, she has all the momentum built up now. But I really hope Andrea is in the final two with her
  • JavarnJohnsonJavarnJohnson Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorrell wrote: »
    After watching last night's show, it stood out more than ever. I know she's been primped and pimped from the word go, but last night she took the reins for herself and totally ran with it!

Looking at the last night's show, the other performers were simply mediocre and lacklustre, especially Ben who has been my absolute favourite throughout.

Fleur = Star, the rest are just the rest. I think Ben and Lauren will be bottom two tonight and more than likely it'll be Lauren that will go, however at the end of the day who ever's in the final with Fleur will only be there to make up numbers!

I disagree with this. She got barely any exposure in the early stages, and was still flying under the radar for the first few weeks.

I agree with the rest though, she definitely stood out last night and made the rest look like, well, amateurs. I still think that Ben will go on to win it, but they're the only two who stand a chance. As far as I know, their odds of winning are really close too. Ben's my second favourite after Fleur so I won't be disappointed with either outcome.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has a great chance, but there's a little way to go yet.
  • CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will never be a true victory unless you have won fair and square and I am afraid Scowell has made this girl look like she has won in very iffy circumstances.

She will be signed to him already, he has her loyalty to promote the XF brand and the rest were just props all along.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CARA2000 wrote: »
    Will never be a true victory unless you have won fair and square and I am afraid Scowell has made this girl look like she has won in very iffy circumstances.

She will be signed to him already, he has her loyalty to promote the XF brand and the rest were just props all along.

The fact is that many people happen to like Fleur, and realise what a good artist she is. Nothing to do with any iffy circumstances i am afraid.
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,527
    Forum Member
    I disagree with this. She got barely any exposure in the early stages, and was still flying under the radar for the first few weeks.

I agree with the rest though, she definitely stood out last night and made the rest look like, well, amateurs. I still think that Ben will go on to win it, but they're the only two who stand a chance. As far as I know, their odds of winning are really close too. Ben's my second favourite after Fleur so I won't be disappointed with either outcome.

From the Judges Houses edit onwards she been stood out and pimped - eg the overs being thought a strong category, everyone being crap until she comes out completely different and drew mass praise from Sinitta and Simon.

From Bang Bang to every edit the show has to the song choices and positioning onwards she has been pimped to the max. It's basically the same tactic as Little Mix had 3 years ago
  • iluvdanniiiluvdannii Posts: 3,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't agree with her being pimped at all. The reason she stood out at judges houses was because everyone else's performances in that catergory were forgettable and she gave a killer performance. Shes had to work hard to build and fan base and she's the one That's done that. Not cowell or anyone else
  • dia6olodia6olo Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think many people conveniently forget that Fleur & indeed one or 2 others have been doing this trying to break into the industry for a long time with no joy, that alone should tell you all you need to know!

If you are genuinely good you don't need scowel!
  • hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ben will win but I predict it will very close between him and Fleur
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hannah wrote: »

It would actually not surprise me to see them both in the bottom 2.
  • ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CARA2000 wrote: »

Agree. Had not realized that she is already a seasoned recording artist and it was her on the Drumline and Base song One In A Million. This show seems to be just a promotional tool for record companies.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hannah wrote: »

I agree. I think it's a 2 horse race but it's far too close to call between them.
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Ben will edge it, as much as Fleur is a better all rounder.

Ben is a loveable good looking housewives favourite - people will think he deserves it more as Fleur will have a career regardless.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still not convinced the voters will be comfortable with allowing a younger woman to win as opposed to an older one as last year.

Esapecially when a traditional type male winner will be in the final
  • hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I agree. I think it's a 2 horse race but it's far too close to call between them.

But I do have to say though if Ben makes it to the final I can see them sabotaging him with a bad duet and getting someone brilliant for Fleur
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Surely Fleur will get a lot of Lauren's fans when she gets booted off tonight? I imagine a lot of Lauren's fans are young, and her performance last night would have connected with them (it even connected with my Mum who is 60 lol). I think as long as she does the same style next week, being singing and dancing, she will win.
  • JavarnJohnsonJavarnJohnson Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the Judges Houses edit onwards she been stood out and pimped - eg the overs being thought a strong category, everyone being crap until she comes out completely different and drew mass praise from Sinitta and Simon.

From Bang Bang to every edit the show has to the song choices and positioning onwards she has been pimped to the max. It's basically the same tactic as Little Mix had 3 years ago

Ben also received mass praise from Sinitta and Simon, and other acts in other categories also received strong praise from their mentors.

As for the first few weeks, her reaction from the judges was hardly outstanding, getting accused of cheating in Week 2 and having both her singing and dancing criticised by Mel in Week 4. Her running slot wasn't particularly good either, performing 6th out of 14 in Week 2 and 3rd out of 11 in Week 4. A lot of people were actually criticising her song choices during Week 1, since apparently the message of the song didn't apply to her, and Week 2, since it was relatively unknown. Hardly pimping.
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dia6olo wrote: »
    I think many people conveniently forget that Fleur & indeed one or 2 others have been doing this trying to break into the industry for a long time with no joy, that alone should tell you all you need to know!

If you are genuinely good you don't need scowel!
    Well that would apply to every act who enters The X Factor and in that instance nobody should win, so silly point really.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Well that would apply to every act who enters The X Factor and in that instance nobody should win, so silly point really.

How would that apply to young acts who haven't been around long enough?

I think that makes your reply the silly one!
  • babygerlebabygerle Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    dia6olo wrote: »
    It would actually not surprise me to see them both in the bottom 2.

VERY POSSIBLE:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    Well pimped the show is only about two people and has been from the start just look at the staging and songs chosen for them!!! Farcical !!!
  • sorrellsorrell Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really don't think Ben will win. There's going to be a shock then Andrea will do it, but no, Fleur's got it in the bag. However, I would LOVE to see the look on Scowell's face if neither one of his acts win!
  • AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely should be fleur, but I think it will be close between her and Ben. Hard to call.
  • sinbad22uksinbad22uk Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    Agree. Had not realized that she is already a seasoned recording artist and it was her on the Drumline and Base song One In A Million. This show seems to be just a promotional tool for record companies.

You hit the nail right on the head with that post. Some people may like her as someone said earlier but alot of people are "convinced" to like a particular act by selective overhyping of some performances coupled with subtle negative comments to others, anyone who has studied psychology knows that this is a proven technique and people are led by it. If Fleur was negatively critiqued every week a large proportion of her supporters would dislike her. It is the leader follower technique and unfortunately there are more followers in this world than leaders.
    She is what she is in my opinion, a solid backing singer / dancer, she is nothing new or unique and just does not have the X Factor
  • LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, no point even watching the final. Yawn!!!