Options

Dexter Season 5 (US Pace) [Spoilers MUST be in tags!]

dannyb0yukdannyb0yuk Posts: 2,939
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Season 5 will commence on September 26th, on Showtime.

Usual rules for these threads, please abide by them out of consideration for everyone else.

All spoilers and spoiler discussions need to be kept within spoiler tags so as not to spoil anyone who doesn't want to be spoiled.

Spoilers are all information about unaired episodes, including promos for the following episode. As soon as an episode has aired (as in the moment it finishes airing in the US), it's fair game for discussion!!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    Really looking forward to an great 5th season after last years amazing stories and characters I am really hoping they keep up the quality this year. Roll on the 26th!
  • Options
    boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    Yep. Can't wait!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only two weeks left come this Sunday! I was hoping the premiere would be leaked as in previous years, but at this stage I'm actually glad it hasn't. I have a feeling this is going to be the penultimate season and expect some epic developments in some of the long-term storylines this year...
  • Options
    SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    I am SO pumped for this. Feels like it's been too long since Season 4 (which I am re-watching on FX as well! Hope I don't get confused watching 2 seasons of the same show at the same time!). The trailer I have seen does look very interesting indeed, and can't wait to see what happens. I think with this season dealing with the fallout of Rita's death and the Trinity murders, it will be very different to anything we've seen in the show before. Cannot wait!!! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    God i was hoping for another pre-air this season like "Weeds"
    Still be on it like a virgin with a nun,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snuffdaddy wrote: »
    God i was hoping for another pre-air this season like "Weeds"
    Still be on it like a virgin with a nun,

It's always the same problem with that though, you see the premiere early but then you still have to wait x amount of weeks for episode 2! At least this way we know it will be 12 continuous episodes with no breaks (touch wood, although that doesn't seem to be Showtime's style and the season will end on December 12th as it is so I can't see them adding in breaks and straddling either side of Christmas.)
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to it. It seems ages since season 4 finished. Hopefully it'll be as good as that season.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really looking forward to this. Probably my favourite show at the moment

Still reeling from the season 4 finale!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only three days left to go!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been shunted! Didn't see this previous thread so posted in the new one.

Hope they've got a good storyline for this season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The wait is almost over! At nine months, the wait for a new season is certainly one of the longer hiatuses that has to be suffered... All I know is that I'll be watching this over breakfast tomorrow!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooooo so close yet far.

Tomorrow evening this time we will have had new Dexter. Woop! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I might stay up and watch it live if I can find a stream. Can't wait!
  • Options
    TribecTribec Posts: 9,331
    Forum Member
    Dexter's back and boy he doesn't make it easy on himself does he!! His behaviour won't help him, but then he is in shock.

Got to say I loved the bit in the funeral home, I think its the first time I've ever laughed during any Dexter seasons. To me anyway that scene felt like a nod and a parody to Michael Hall's previous role.

Still welcome back Dexter, and everyone here's to the next 13 weeks or so of TV magic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mickey mouse hat talking to the kids - classic!

Not bad for a season first.
  • Options
    sandydeesandydee Posts: 1,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great first episode, I especially enjoyed the flash backs esp why Dexter picked the restaurant lol, So did he murder a random redneck? has he stopped following the code or was it his way of grieving, i can't wait for the next episode
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great Season opener. But did anyone find it extremely tough to watch?
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I want Deb to find out so bad. Not Quinn, he is just a copy of Doakes from earlier seasons only less entertaining. Not liking him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Anyone notice how different Quinn looked? Different hairstyle and thinner. Found it very jarring.

Looks like we're in for a much darker Dexter :)
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    mbriody wrote: »
    Anyone notice how different Quinn looked? Different hairstyle and thinner. Found it very jarring.

Looks like we're in for a much darker Dexter :)

Yeah, maybe he was working out inbetween seasons in preparation for the ass shot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want Deb to find out so bad. Not Quinn, he is just a copy of Doakes from earlier seasons only less entertaining. Not liking him.

He hasn't got the presence to be a Doakes.

You'd think a dirty cop wouldn't want to mess with the one guy who knew!

Is Dexter going random on the kills now. or was that just grief anger?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great Season opener. But did anyone find it extremely tough to watch?
    Why tough to watch?

I found it frustrating because Dexter wasn't being his careful self - saying It was me, and missing the FBI meeting. I thought psychopaths were clever.

At least he'd ace a polygraph!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why tough to watch?

I found it frustrating because Dexter wasn't being his careful self - saying It was me, and missing the FBI meeting. I thought psychopaths were clever.

At least he'd ace a polygraph!

He feels responsible and grief-stricken, so he's not really thinking on his feet aswell as he normal does.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really liked the season opener, glad they continued from the end of season 4 and didn't skip forward.

Am intrigued as to where it's all going to go now, I think Dexter coming back is his way of pulling himself together and getting back on track, don't think he'll kill more randoms but who knows.

Can't wait for the rest of the season!
  • Options
    Nicola37Nicola37 Posts: 2,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great first episode I thought, found it really emotional at the end when Dexter finally released his true feelings and realised that he truly did love her.

It was typical Dexter that he delivered the heartbreaking news to the kids whilst wearing a comedy mickey mouse ears hat.

Thought Masuka was just a tad too inappropriate on surveying Rita's body "I always dreamed of her naked but never like this!":eek:

The sexual tension between Debs and Quinn has built for a while but that was very heat of the moment stuff!

Oh and I LOVED the nod to Michael's old Six Feet Under gig with the funeral home scene! The way the guy delivered the 'I'm very sorry for your loss' line was so David Fisher, as was the emphasis on pushing forward the tissues, a familiar Six Feet Under scene.

Great start and I eagerly await more. Apparently a lengthy preview trailer for future episodes aired after but it's missing from my er, copy.
    I tried to search for it on youtube but had no joy. Does anybody have the link or know where I could view it at all?