I really don't like the fact that Len gets the deciding vote

Comments

• nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »
    Do you really need me to spell it out?

The judges supposedly get paid over £100,000 per series - so by having 3 judges instead of 4, they save £100k.

Many fans may also accept a 2/3 decision to vote off their favourite better than a 2/2 decision.

Personally, I would prefer them to knock £50K off Tess's salary and £50K off Claudia's and get a 5th judge.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    It's funny how the judges mentioned Pixie's legs last week and suddenly the forum experts have picked up on this without ever noticing anything wrong with her legs prior to this. All these people do is quote everything the judges say verbatim when trying to justify their opinions. No mention of any pigs passing through her legs, so not sure what that's all about, but Craig said her legs were too straight. What exactly does that mean then experts as it makes no sense to me?

I'm sad to see Jake go, but he did struggle for a couple of weeks.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im sorry but Kevin's crying shot crack me up everytime :D:D:D

He is so OTT :blush::D
  • Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    [QUOTE=Tejas;76046499]Do you really need me to spell it out?

The judges supposedly get paid over £100,000 per series - so by having 3 judges instead of 4, they save £100k.

Many fans may also accept a 2/3 decision to vote off their favourite better than a 2/2 decision.[/QUOTE]

BIB don't be rude.

To the BBC £100,000 is chicken droppings, not a small fortune.
  • redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone else not like I think that needs to be changed now if it's 2 votes each then it returns to the public vote and the person with the least votes goes home.

Yes I agree with this. What is the point of the other judges even voting if Len's overrides them?
    Forum Member
    redcherry wrote: »
    Yes I agree with this. What is the point of the other judges even voting if Len's overrides them?

You've hit the nail on the head. Don't ask the others, just go straight to Len. Job done.
  • daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When tied .. perhaps they could phone Donny ... let him decide :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Len is The Man.
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,618
    Forum Member
    Make one for me too then please! Worst mistake of the series for me, no contest that Jake was in a different league all series. What was Len thinking. It's obvious he likes Mark and he's one of his favourites but it should be about the best dancer and that is definitely Jake!

Biggest shock of the series for me! First time I hadn't looked at the spoilers this week too!

Jake was in a different league for the last 7 weeks . Mark got a higher mark in 5 of his last 8 dances and they tied in one.

Jake also can't have been that popular. Pixie was in the position of being second that week - which left her looking safe but not getting the vote for being best of the week, or most at risk. Jake was clearly at risk and still didn't get the voter turnout that saved Mark the previous week.

Jake was the comedy act , but thats not a reason for Len to prefer him for the final. Indeed it makes it more likely that one of the best two may not win.
    Forum Member
    petertard wrote: »
    Len is The Man.

Yes, Mr Strictly: a man and his ego.
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    ilovesooty wrote: »
    It isn't "simples" . Whoever votes last gets the casting vote if there is a deadlock.

It isn't really a deadlock though with an odd number. Heck, they could have the judges choose in a different order every week for variety... the point is, no judge would have more power than the others.
  • NosaerNosaer Posts: 3,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jake was in a different league for the last 7 weeks . Mark got a higher mark in 5 of his last 8 dances and they tied in one.

Jake also can't have been that popular. Pixie was in the position of being second that week - which left her looking safe but not getting the vote for being best of the week, or most at risk. Jake was clearly at risk and still didn't get the voter turnout that saved Mark the previous week.

Jake was the comedy act , but thats not a reason for Len to prefer him for the final. Indeed it makes it more likely that one of the best two may not win.

Jake could have topped the public vote and still been in dance off with last nights leaderboard.
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    natalian wrote: »
    Personally, I would prefer them to knock £50K off Tess's salary and £50K off Claudia's and get a 5th judge.

No thanks... Dancing On Ice used to have 5 judges and it was rare for there to be enough time for them all to have a say on each performance. We get enough of the judges hogging the limelight with their attention seeking and awful entrance without another one!
  • Vir CottoVir Cotto Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Tejas wrote: »
    It isn't really a deadlock though with an odd number. Heck, they could have the judges choose in a different order every week for variety... the point is, no judge would have more power than the others.

My point exactly Tejas
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A fifth judge wouldn't make any difference as if tied with two each they'd still come to Len for his vote to decide.
  • Vir CottoVir Cotto Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    daziechain wrote: »
    A fifth judge wouldn't make any difference as if tied with two each they'd still come to Len for his vote to decide.

One judge one vote - agreed it would still come down to Len (or whoever was the last judge to chose).
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just toss a coin and be done with it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alan29 wrote: »
    Just toss a coin and be done with it.
    .. this forum would implode :D
  • mandyxxxxmandyxxxx Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    natalian wrote: »
    Why on earth would they do that. It isn't exactly a model system on X Factor. "Oh, Dermot, it's so hard, I don't know what to do (even though I am paid zillions of pounds because I am supposed to know what I am doing), I am just so torn....let's take it to deadlock" (which happens every week regardless of the huge gulf between the contestants. At least on Strictly we have judges who can make a decision and Len is the most qualified of all of them to make it. Jake was the worst dancer last night and he was eliminated on merit (or lack thereof).

Exactly. Given how rapidly X Factor viewing figures are declining then I don't think changing Strictly to work more like X Factor is a good idea at all.
  • tawnytawny Posts: 1,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Changed to the public vote deciding

Two weeks running Goodman has played God and made entirely the wrong decision based on his petty prejudices - Mark Wright isn't in the same league as Jake Wood

In your opinion - not in everybodys - I think he made right decision both weeks & I'm probably not alone
  • davegolddavegold Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tawny wrote: »
    In your opinion - not in everybodys - I think he made right decision both weeks & I'm probably not alone

... and there are probably plenty more people who think that the results could have gone either way so there's no point blaming the judges for doing some judging.
  • Phil AnderPhil Ander Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's all a matter of opinion.

The rules when there is a tied vote are made clear at the outset and please remember all you Len critics that at least one Judge has to agree with him. With Pixie it was Darcy and with Jake it was Craig. There has been at least one occasion this series when Len disagreed with the other three and he had to go along with the majority decision.
  • youngthing12youngthing12 Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jake should still be in the final
    He was stitched up from the start
    of the show, they made out his
    dances were not that good so they
    could get rid of him later... Len should
    not get the deciding vote!!! This is
    turning in to the X factor pick who the
    Judges want in the final...
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil Ander wrote: »
    It's all a matter of opinion.

The rules when there is a tied vote are made clear at the outset and please remember all you Len critics that at least one Judge has to agree with him. With Pixie it was Darcy and with Jake it was Craig. There has been at least one occasion this series when Len disagreed with the other three and he had to go along with the majority decision.

This.^^^ Good points I agree.

Although I did disagree when the judges saved Penny Lancaster! Perhaps SCD should just ditch the dance-off, after all they've already had their say!
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone else not like I think that needs to be changed now if it's 2 votes each then it returns to the public vote and the person with the least votes goes home.

Yes I agree, they want the public to take part and vote all series then why when the judges can't decide should Len get the overall decision :confused: revert it back to the public vote and the person with the least votes goes simple. End this head judge nonsense.

Also since we all vote and take part in this show for 3 months, Strictly should do what XF do and release the voting figures and the end of the series.