Options

Best handset on 3? INQ?

frailfuryfrailfury Posts: 7,222
Forum Member
I am upgrading this weekend but still not sure what handset to go for.

I currently pay £15 per month for 600 texts and 75mins.

My maximum budget is £20 a month + a free handset, which I know could get me the Nokia 6600 Slide but that's just with 300 mix and match texts/mins.

Another option is the INQ1 - you get 75mins, unlimited texts and unlimited internet for £15, but the phone just looks a little cheap. Anyone got one who would recommend it?

Really not sure what to go for. I have called them 4 times and even threatened to cancel but they won't budge.

I want to avoid Sony Ericssons as their signal is terrible in my area.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    frailfury wrote: »
    I want to avoid Sony Ericssons as their signal is terrible in my area.

........and you know this because .........

If the signal is bad , blame the 3 network and maybe dump Three

As I have said on the other threads , let the contract end , request your pac and get offered a decent deal .

In the meantime buy a cheap PAYG phone that matches your sim
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ........and you know this because .........

If the signal is bad , blame the 3 network and maybe dump Three

As I have said on the other threads , let the contract end , request your pac and get offered a decent deal .

In the meantime buy a cheap PAYG phone that matches your sim

My wife has had 2 ericssons, both terrible at holding signal in the house, whilst my nokia holds it fine.

I have heard about what they offer when you actually cancel, great £10 deals but crap handsets!

3 are good with price. I'm not one of these people that spends £35 a month on a phone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not one of these people that spends £35 a month on a phone.

Neither am I , I pay £10 pm for 02 simplicity 200 mins , 400 texts on my own phone , 30 days contract

I think everying that Three offer someone else offers a similar or better tariff these days .

Good reception can be geographical and therefore certain networks preform better than others

02 is pants on the east coast around YO25 are , but Three and Vodafone are great

When the wifes contract was up on 02 she looked at Three and Vodafone , Vodafone offered the best phone package a SE C905 , 600 mins , unlimted texts , unlimited internet for an avaerage of £26.66 per month after discounts whilst the same phone on Three was £35 pm without free internet , whilst my son got a free SE W890i with 750 mins , unlimited texts for £25 pm

Its nothing personal I think the deal offered depends on who and when you speak to @ Three

Take the contract to the end in the 17th month request your pac and if need be look at the alternatives
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am tempted by the INQ though mate, you can't beat that deal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am tempted by the INQ though mate, you can't beat that deal.

looks a good deal , have you been in store and actually tried one out

My wife was dead set on an Blackberry Storm untill I went instore with her and it wasn't as good as she thought it would be

I look instore , get the prices , feel the handest then go home search the www for reviews and prices and usually buy online .

£9 sounds a decent deal too ( but its SE)

http://threestore.three.co.uk/dealsummary.aspx?offercode=18M100D009&hompepage=1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    looks a good deal , have you been in store and actually tried one out

My wife was dead set on an Blackberry Storm untill I went instore with her and it wasn't as good as she thought it would be

I look instore , get the prices , feel the handest then go home search the www for reviews and prices and usually buy online .

£9 sounds a decent deal too ( but its SE)

http://threestore.three.co.uk/dealsummary.aspx?offercode=18M100D009&hompepage=1

It's ok, 100 mins or texts though. It's good for skint folk.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's ok, 100 mins or texts though. It's good for skint folk.

Sorry didn't realise you were loaded :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry didn't realise you were loaded :)

I'm not but that isn't what I'm after. Need more texts!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The INQ1 better than the Sony erricson's on the Three network
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get the feeling these threads are gonna continue until your contract ends ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ok I have kinda rounded it down now.

The LG 990 Viewty Refurbished looks good at £18 mix and match 500.

The INQ1 at £15 with unlimited texts and internet.
    It's the internet and texts thats doing it for me with this but it's a '3' made handset.

or finally

Nokia 6600 mix and match 300 at £20

So which would you say is the best?
  • Options
    RicardodaforceRicardodaforce Posts: 8,576
    Forum Member
    Ok I have kinda rounded it down now.

The LG 990 Viewty Refurbished looks good at £18 mix and match 500.

The INQ1 at £15 with unlimited texts and internet.
    It's the internet and texts thats doing it for me with this but it's a '3' made handset.

or finally

Nokia 6600 mix and match 300 at £20

So which would you say is the best?

Surely what YOU think is best is what matters.
  • Options
    belleville1belleville1 Posts: 2,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BT@home wrote: »
    I get the feeling these threads are gonna continue until your contract ends ;)

I agree, isn't this the fourth or fifth now?!
  • Options
    Bang Bang BoomBang Bang Boom Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have an INQ1 & so does my partner. i love mine. the battery is a pain and the fone sumtimes resets itself. the internet is fantastic (download opera mini 4.2 when u get it) really good signal. skype is brilliant, quality sound when on a call. msn could do with sum work as could facebook.

i would get one mate!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I really was only asking for peoples opinions. The INQ seems a bit buggy and cheap so I think I will leave that.

The final choice is really either the Sony W890i or the Nokia 6500 Slide, both are £48 on the £15 texter plan which I am sure I can talk them round to giving me the handset free.

Which phone would you advise?
  • Options
    malaikahmalaikah Posts: 20,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has but also a lot of people say it's software is a little buggy and that the handset crashes alot.

Oh, where did you read that? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    malaikah wrote: »
    Oh, where did you read that? :confused:

Type in INQ reviews in google. Theres loads.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well do the reviews for those other phones you are interested in have any negatives
  • Options
    Forum Member
    All the phones I like have negatives aswell so I am just going to have to trust my instinct. I am gonna go with the 6500 slide providing they let me have it for free. I trust Nokia and never had a prob. I will add the internet pack too so will be 75mins and unlimited texts/internet for £20 a mth. Great for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent. Sounds like a plan. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the phones I like have negatives aswell so I am just going to have to trust my instinct. I am gonna go with the 6500 slide providing they let me have it for free. I trust Nokia and never had a prob. I will add the internet pack too so will be 75mins and unlimited texts/internet for £20 a mth. Great for me.

Sounds a bad idea to me .....Nokia 6500
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sounds a bad idea to me .....Nokia 6500

Why?! Whats wrong with the 6500?!

I only want to pay £15 texter plan and £5 internet max so I am limited in my options mate. If you think of something better let me know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why?! Whats wrong with the 6500?!

I only want to pay £15 texter plan and £5 internet max so I am limited in my options mate. If you think of something better let me know.

Apart from it been the most buggy phone , its fantastic , you go for it.

I then look forward to your new threads asking for help on returning it . :)