Homeland - Season 3 [ US Pace ]

kylesmithkylesmith Posts: 188
Forum Member
Homeland airs Season 3 today on the 29th of September.

Can't wait for it to air! Be sure to comment what you think of the episode and discuss upcoming episodes, but make sure you put them in spoiler tags.

Quoted from The Mirror:
It's been a nailbiting few months for Homeland fans but the wait is almost over.

The cliffhanger ending of season 2 left viewers gagging for more as they watched USMC Sergeant Nicholas "Nick" Brody (Damian Lewis) disappear into the night.

The last episode featured the explosion at CIA headquarters during Vice President William Walden's funeral and the next instalment promises to leave viewers gripped again as Brody becomes a wanted man on the run.

It's a rough life for ex-serviceman Brody, who spent many years held captive at the hands of Al-Qaeda.

And it doesn't look like it's about to get any easier, despite former CIA agent Carrie Mathison (Claire Danes) vowing to clear his name.

We're guessing it won't be long before the pair fall into each other's arms and once again rekindle their forbidden love affair.

Either way, season 3 is sure to have us hooked.

Comments

• flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    I hope this series is either good or has more of Morena Baccarin's boobs in it. (or both.)

I fear there is a danger of this show heading from the ridiculous to whatever comes after ridiculous.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The proper episode (with FX) is out if people don't want to wait till tonight.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    The proper episode (with FX) is out if people don't want to wait till tonight.

for season 1 i know the free web version of episode 1 was censored.

specifically in the region of Morena Baccarin's boobs.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    for season 1 i know the free web version of episode 1 was censored.

specifically in the region of Morena Baccarin's boobs.

Yes they did that with Dexter this season too.

I haven't watched it yet so can't tell, I just wanted to see the FX bit.
  • DarreninessexDarreninessex Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    Is there anyway of watching it live from the UK ?

I have a Apple TV and a USA iTunes account if that helps
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to this. :)
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Yay Homeland returns to take away the pain of Breaking Bad ending! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there anyway of watching it live from the UK ?

I have a Apple TV and a USA iTunes account if that helps

Not legally, no. It is already online in various places though. And TV versions normally appear within minutes.

I never bother really, not when C4 shows it a week later. Just my preference though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Showtime Releases the 'Homeland' Season 3 Premiere for Free on Multiple Platforms Now

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/09/30/showtime-releases-the-homeland-season-3-premiere-for-free-on-multiple-platforms-now/205688/

presumably because it had been leaked anyway!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a good transition from the end of the last series. Only trouble, no Brody. ;) Like others I'm worried that Homeland will become run of the mill and formulaic. I'd rather have 2 brilliant series than keep it past it's sell buy date.
    I'm not passing judgement yet, but nice to see Carrie in crazy mode again and making trouble for Saul.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    I hope this series is either good or has more of Morena Baccarin's boobs in it. (or both.)

I fear there is a danger of this show heading from the ridiculous to whatever comes after ridiculous.

more boobs and more belly :cool:

(she is very pregnant)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tally (hi btw remember me?)... s2 was sooooooo bad lets face it they already killed it
    For me was written and shot like in a state of panic
    they could have had the same story libe stretched for 2 season if that is was the place they wanted to be, but at least more time to develop the side stories they introduce and than imploded
    however... hopefully...s3 will have a different pace
    still watched and will do the same but very frustrating s2
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Hey guys,I've just finished my last box of tissues watching breaking bad so I've now decided to crack on with this. Agree with all the comments saying I hope this doesn't start to go downhill now... I'm going to watch s03e01 and then come back and comment. I'll be sure to spoiler tag in case some haven't watched it.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No need to tag it if the episode you're discussing is one that has been broadcast in the US - this is a US Pace thread :)
  • Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good season opener, and very brave to have no Brody. I liked the interplay between Saul and the F. Murray Abraham character, and seeing Saul sell Carrie down the river was a shock, so combining that with Quinn's squaemishness in killing the child, I'm thinking that "letting your head rule your heart" is going to be the theme for this season...

Mind you, I'm worried that Brody's daughter is going to be even more front-and-centre this season - she's a good actress, but her storylines are just an irritant.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dana's sick joke was the highlight of the episode for me ;-)
  • tom_domutoatom_domutoa Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    Dana is obviously getting centre stage this series. Dont the writers and directors realise that she is the weak link in the story and that audiences dont really favour her.....

Same with saul and his 'sleeping next door' woman. Its taxing and i cant wait for them to get off the screen

must say the action sequence was below par for Homeland.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One glaring anomaly. Saul, after he's thrown Carrie under the bus, says he had no idea that she was sexually involved with Brody.
    Yes he did. She told him in Series 1.

I hope there's not too much emphasis on Brody's family although it was quite poignant seeing how much his actions have affected them. End of pay/benefits etc as he's a traitor. A little of Dana goes a long way.

Is Saul really playing up Carries' illness as an easier way for her to escape consequences for whisking Brody away? I wish she'd take her meds. Watching her have wild, feral sex with a stranger wasn't half as enjoyable as her and Brody together. :p

*waves to feeVerte* :)
    Forum Member
    tally wrote: »
    One glaring anomaly. Saul, after he's thrown Carrie under the bus, says he had no idea that she was sexually involved with Brody.
    Yes he did. She told him in Series 1.

I hope there's not too much emphasis on Brody's family although it was quite poignant seeing how much his actions have affected them. End of pay/benefits etc as he's a traitor. A little of Dana goes a long way.

Is Saul really playing up Carries' illness as an easier way for her to escape consequences for whisking Brody away? I wish she'd take her meds. Watching her have wild, feral sex with a stranger wasn't half as enjoyable as her and Brody together. :p

*waves to feeVerte* :)

Not an anamoly. he lied deliberately. he saved his and CIA skin. Thats why she was crying as she realised he betrayed her and she bacame the fall guy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not an anamoly. he lied deliberately. he saved his and CIA skin. Thats why she was crying as she realised he betrayed her and she bacame the fall guy.
    , Yup. I get your point, but after all they've been through and how Saul's had Carries back through everything, I guess I find it hard that he really has betrayed her. I suppose I expected him to try and find a way to keep her on the CIA ( if it doesn't close) without implicating her out and out. :confused:

There's always the Mole thing too. After 2 full seasons we still haen't a clue who it is. Saul's name has been bandied about along with others who are now dead.

:p There are times I wish it wasn't so convoluted or I wasn't so thick!! But then I wouldn't love it so much.
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Wow... Talk about being hung out to dry. Poor Carrie. :(

I've always liked Saul but that move disappointed me. I've been a little suspicious of him ever since he kinda failed that polygraph, but thought he'd be too obvious to be a double agent/mole. Not so sure now. I quite like Dana too, so don't mind if she's being moved into the limelight. Hoping we'll see more of Quinn too.

It wasn't the most exciting season opener ever, but it was closer to Season 1 (great) in quality than Season 2 (not so great...) in my opinion. I hope it gets better from here.
  • dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saul " Carrie let me introduce you to this bus and by the way i'm going throw you under it"

Not sure how this is going to pan out but i was surprised he did that.
    Forum Member
    So Quinn climbs a wall and then blows a hole through it when he is inside the perimeter.

Why

So he can flush out whoever is inside??? They all got their guns and were alerted.

But he had his magic open all doors keys with him. He could have gone in quietly and done the job as he finally did. All this rubbish of following him in a bike with a bomb ready to be deployed (he stopped because he saw a child, who he killed anyway) and pangs of guilt (was he not intending to use the bomb to kill him in a public place and all the associated deaths).
  • kylesmithkylesmith Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    So Quinn climbs a wall and then blows a hole through it when he is inside the perimeter.

Why

So he can flush out whoever is inside??? They all got their guns and were alerted.

But he had his magic open all doors keys with him. He could have gone in quietly and done the job as he finally did. All this rubbish of following him in a bike with a bomb ready to be deployed (he stopped because he saw a child, who he killed anyway) and pangs of guilt (was he not intending to use the bomb to kill him in a public place and all the associated deaths).

He didn't blow up a wall, he blown up the electric box which cut out the electric. That also created a distraction...
    Forum Member
    kylesmith wrote: »
    He didn't blow up a wall, he blown up the electric box which cut out the electric. That also created a distraction...

electric box.....even worse. the distraction alerted everyone and they all reached for thier guns.

he entered the house using magic keys...:D

he could have done that without a distraction, killed one person and got out.

He blew the electric box, had to kill about 10 people and the child. So much for highly trained with remorse.