Homeland - Season 3 [ US Pace ]

Comments

• dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    electric box.....even worse. the distraction alerted everyone and they all reached for thier guns.

he entered the house using magic keys...:D

he could have done that without a distraction, killed one person and got out.

He blew the electric box, had to kill about 10 people and the child. So much for highly trained with remorse.

But that wouldn't have been half as dramatic;)

Put it this way, Quinn has never played Metal Gear Solid
  • Miles_TMiles_T Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any difference in this and the leaked episode from a couple of weeks back?
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Miles_T wrote: »
    Is there any difference in this and the leaked episode from a couple of weeks back?

The bomb crater at the start wasn't in the leaked episode.

Also there is extra dialogue which I haven't heard yet as I just saw the start of the proper episode to see the crater.
  • tom_domutoatom_domutoa Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    The bomb crater at the start wasn't in the leaked episode.

Also there is extra dialogue which I haven't heard yet as I just saw the start of the proper episode to see the crater.

Ah that explains it. The version i saw had a blue screen with bomb crater written on it. They had not edited the crater into the shot yet....

ah the fakery that goes on.
  • big_hard_ladbig_hard_lad Posts: 4,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the first episode. It was pretty slow but then Homeland always was. As others have said, though, pretty ballsy to have the long awaited episode without Brody!
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Had to chuckle at the part where Carrie's lawyer was looking at her scribbled notes. She managed to spell "lose" as "loose", or whoever wrote the notes. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I'm out if things don't improve.

Can't stand all the Dana stuff, just too 'me me me'.

And the mental health stuff is too cliched. No Brody either.
    Forum Member
    Well I'm out if things don't improve.

Can't stand all the Dana stuff, just too 'me me me'.

And the mental health stuff is too cliched. No Brody either.

2 episode gone and the series has languished with the Home & Away type story of Dana and the Casualty type storyline with Carie and her mental illness. We are not in Homeland for these types of stories.

They better up their game soon or else this will die an early death.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    beginning to think season 1 was a fluke and the writer are too heavy on lithium themselves
    If I was an actor on this show I will want out
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really not enjoying this series. After all the press stuff about it being "Homeland 2.0" I was expecting so much more. It's probably building to something but I have no idea what. They can't exactly have another bomb. They might kill off Brody but that seems a bit obvious.

I don't understand why they're focusing so much on Dana when people responded badly to that in season 2. I don't hate the Dana stuff but it just seems weird to have so much of her as I know lots of people do. Her stuff did seem stupid though. She's actually a decent actress but why do we need a love scene with her and her new boyfriend. And what happened about the whole running someone over plot last year (worst plot ever) I feel like that should have been mentioned more and she should still have guilt from that.

The other Brody family members are so bland I don't know why we need to see them. Brody's not even there!

The Carrie stuff is getting so silly. She's just so unlikeable now. I'm fed up of her doing what she wants and going rogue (this week it was meeting the reporter but there's something every episode) I don't like that she keeps not taking her meds. Claire Danes is a fantastic actress but her screwed up crying face with wide eyes is just getting a bit much. They need to give her something else to do!

Really really want this show to pick up. Even though season 2 was ridiculous in parts, I still found it fast-paced and entertaining. Both of these episodes have been the opposite.
    Forum Member
    Not a great episode. More Quinn and Saul needed, and less Dana and Carrie.

It's not that I don't like Dana or Carrie, they're both good characters played by good actresses, but their storylines are uninteresting right now.

Maybe the show just can't go anywhere from here. I want to see the CIA tracking down dangerous people, but obviously it's in a mess right now and we've gotta watch the fallout from that and the reconstruction of it.
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope this is the last season. The show is just spinning its wheels.
    Forum Member
    Saul also seems to have had a complete personality transplant. For the past 2 seasons (and even last week) he's been this calm, conciliatory guy, but this week he managed to be both a bigot and a traitor.

At least the next episode's preview was good. That'll make me tune in for another week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont mind the Dana Jess family side of things normally but I did find the sex scene a bit gratuitous, she is just 16 after all
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Parthenon wrote: »
    At least the next episode's preview was good. That'll make me tune in for another week.

thanx, I ll take a look... Its odd I hardly ever get so hooked on a TV series at all but I did on Homeland, I stuck it through season 2 but I have to say it is all very frustrating to watch
    I feel like someone broke my favourite toy
    childish but still

Take The Good Wife for example, a very whacky season 4 bar the last episodes but wow what a start of the new season ! Got intriguing again big time

why can they get it right here too? :mad:

rant over :o
  • SquiggleSquiggle Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this thread should have its title changed to Homeland - Series Complaints [US/UK Pace] :yawn:

Seriously. :D
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I'm enjoying it even if nobody else is. It's a very brave decision of them to open with 2 (and maybe more?) Brody-less episodes. I kept expecting him to appear right at the end.

I also like the slow pace. Where Homeland lost it slightly in S2 is where they started to become too much like 24.

I can also understand the Dana-hate but I think Morgan Saylor is a fantastic young actress and she does one of the most realistic portrayals of a moody, self-obsessed teenager I've seen on TV. The character isn't very likeable - but most teenagers aren't.

The reference to "HLBC Bank" wasn't exactly a subtle reference to real world events was it?
  • Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    Is this the new daytime soap called homeland on straight after loose women for the uneducated and I'll watch anything generation.

This show won awards but is now a joke and couldn't even be called a shadow of its former self as there is no sunshine or light anywhere near this series.

It was the best thing, something fresh and not seen before but now it's predictable plot lines and housewife favourites.

Completely abandoning its roots and sprouting wings. There will have to be a major shift toward box office award earning acting and away from the tripe we are being served.

Seriously disappointed and angry as after breaking bad finished I was on a high thinking the greatness would continue and whilst I'm not one to compare apples and oranges this crap is really annoying.

Homeland I will acquire you next Monday but you are on very thin ice......
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is that Brody was Homeland, he made season 1 what it was? So without him you wonder where its going, and with him it might turn into a bit of a parody or farce. Its a difficult one for them to manage but I still got some faith to be honest.

The teenage girl stuff is the thing that is mostly getting on my nerves. I just cant stand that girls sulky face lol, she is awful
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    I thought they could be focusing on Dana and the family situation as Brody will be reappearing at some point. Otherwise if it's just to show the effect of his actions on the family, I'd expect them to phase it out over the next few episodes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    I can also understand the Dana-hate but I think Morgan Saylor is a fantastic young actress and she does one of the most realistic portrayals of a moody, self-obsessed teenager I've seen on TV. The character isn't very likeable - but most teenagers aren't.

I agree she is a good actress.

I'm not surprised she's moody. Her dad's a terrorist and their lives have been turned upside down by his actions.
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Parthenon wrote: »
    Saul also seems to have had a complete personality transplant. For the past 2 seasons (and even last week) he's been this calm, conciliatory guy, but this week he managed to be both a bigot and a traitor.

I didn't like that either, especially the way he berated the woman for wearing her head scarf just because she told him there was nothing in the accounts linking to Iran. Then the bank manager and his snarky comment about "in this country".

I hope that doesn't continue.
  • flyingvflyingv Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    Well, I'm enjoying it even if nobody else is. It's a very brave decision of them to open with 2 (and maybe more?) Brody-less episodes. I kept expecting him to appear right at the end.

I also like the slow pace. Where Homeland lost it slightly in S2 is where they started to become too much like 24.

The reference to "HLBC Bank" wasn't exactly a subtle reference to real world events was it?
    I agree with your post LF. It's obviously building up to a new threat with Javadi who probably does/did have links to Nazir, and would seem to have been funding/received funding from him.

I too like the slow-burn, it almost makes Carrie's mania seem more intense somehow. I don't agree with the poster who said we need to see less of Carrie, but I do think they need to go somewhere other than 'Carrie has a brainwave...no-one believes her...she goes off her meds...her hunch turns out to be right...but she gets thrown under the bus anyway' Rinse and repeat...

Much as I rate Morgan Saylor as an actress, her lovelife/counselling is one that I don't feel should be taking up so much airtime. Yes, she's been badly affected by her Dad's actions, and the family are struggling with the aftermath of Brody's supposed treachery (the bomb at Langley - I'm not convinced he did it/knew about it). I really liked the scene in the garage where she found Brody's prayer mat, the way she prostrated herself as if in prayer. She wanted to be close to her Dad, she misses him, no matter how angry she is. However, teenage sex scenes should be reserved for I dunno, teenage shows, bad enough we have Carrie shagging strangers on the stairs without laundry love with the teens as well!
    Forum Member
    A nowhere episode 3. Brody's back but at the end you thought.......what was the point of all that. 53 mins wasted. story has gone nowhere....looks amateurish now. Thank god no Dana
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A nowhere episode 3. Brody's back but at the end you thought.......what was the point of all that. 53 mins wasted. story has gone nowhere....looks amateurish now. Thank god no Dana

Yes I don't get where this series is going.

So far 3 episodes and nothing has really happened.

The mental hospital scenes are not helping with attitudes towards mental health.

Carrie is supposed to be intelligent yet when will she realise that going off on one just makes her look even more mad.
    And telling the psych she is being kept in by the CIA is just going to help with the paranoid delusion diagnosis.